Mhaldor vs Targossas

Comments

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    infamy time ≠ contract time why are ppl confused about this its a different metric which also sucks but its different

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • One thing I think this war system could really use is a way to involve people who are not proficient at player combat beyond just "follow us and web our target".

I personally would like to see a system in which products from tradeskill that might reasonably be used in a war can be donated to the city, these then outfit a troop of soldiers from each city which then do battle.  This battle could happen at a standard time, known in advanced. Depending on the gear donated, it increases their abilities. Did you donate inks? Great they have starbursts and crystals now if you donated x threshold. Did you donate armour? Cool they are tankier, weapons they damage more. I think these should be threatening even to Dragons if there are a couple together on the same target.

If no players interfere, the two sides of NPCs collide and eventually it resolves the village towards one side.  Claiming a village would give significant war score points, maybe even converting it to being "owned" by a side for the duration of the war so that they could actively defend it for the rest of the war, and maybe only they can put shrines there?

If players interfere, The battle still plays out the same way but obviously each side would be trying to actively kill the other side's soldiers while keeping their own alive. Create some kinda threshold where you'll have to withdraw your soldiers because you no longer have enough to claim it. So not every battle ends in a victory for somebody, you can draw if both sides are able to hurt the other. It would also be really cool flavor if winning certain villages gave products they might make to the city commodity stores, or for certain high priority targets they provide some other means of material gain.

Adding a standard time for a battle to happen, and allowing trades people, shopkeepers, and hunters to get involved with not just the fighting stuff would make this more fun for everyone.

I do also completely support decreasing the war's default length to 1 year. With the ability to extend it, I don't see any reason why it would need to be 2 years, especially if in that first year you're getting destroyed and people aren't enjoying things as much. Players are naturally not going to want to surrender, but would be more likely to let an unfavorable war end at the one year mark if they don't have hope of turning it around.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    To expand upon my earlier idea.  Right now, the Minister of Security has to manually put up bounties.  To me anyways, it would make sense if the game auto puts a citywide bounty on you if you get credit for a tank no one has to claim it, first person from that city that kills you gets credit kind of like how renown works post embarking on adventures.  That way, if you didnt get credit for tank detonation, you didnt get sweet sweet tank xp anyways or you were dead before detonation, either way you already paid for it.  Right now its like you raid, got guarded and died, then they also placed a bounty on you and you likely just die again at some point.
  • That's not how it works. If you raided but died before a tank blows, it's not like you didn't raid, and you can absolutely be bountied and killed for it after just because you missed the detonation. By that logic, we can babysit a tank and earring out, leaving just one person to blow it, and you'd have no legal recourse for retaliation because there'd be no infamy, and no bounties generated.

I'd rethink that one.
  • Infamy is generated from aggressive actions in the city, not just detonation, so unless you were one man raiding that isn't accurate.
  • Achilles is advocating for no infamy at all, from what he's posted before.
  • I feel bad for the people who RP rabid fighters, soldiers and masochists, war would happen and if there was no infamy or global open PK to a degree they'd just have to sit on the outer waiting, not really able to participate in the war itself. For the MOST part, infamy is fine, it was never an issue before a war. If anything having people bail from the military mid-war is a bigger problem.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Reyson said:
    That's not how it works. If you raided but died before a tank blows, it's not like you didn't raid, and you can absolutely be bountied and killed for it after just because you missed the detonation. By that logic, we can babysit a tank and earring out, leaving just one person to blow it, and you'd have no legal recourse for retaliation because there'd be no infamy, and no bounties generated.

I'd rethink that one.
    I addressed that, you could do that but you would end up losing more xp as tank xp is more than a burst and true death combined (if you even got killed for it at all, later).  
  • Except then you can just avoid the det and not have to worry about potentially giving up a global sanction later since you won't be opened up to retaliation attack from this system, it would just open up for more meta abuse instead of simplifying it. Who cares about a small amount of XP if you can just tank when overwhelming forces and avoid repercussions because you aren't infamous/dauntless/mark/bountied? If you want that system, it would have to be for any enemy apart of that city whom enters during a sanction gets these global bounties, that are separate from standard bounties and can stack.
  • Or....

You all can enjoy what is here available to you, and see something threw before you complain about everything from the start and/or begin your constructive criticism. Ideas for revisions usually aren't heard until after the evolution, unless it's something detrimental.
  • An automatic bounty for being in enemy territory during a sanction would be better. Experience loss is incredibly secondary compared to improving the way a City can 'legally' try and get a sanction, and I'm not entirely sure why some of you seem so obsessed with the idea of being able to go into a place, tank it for points during a war, and then have it be illegal to hit you in the mouth for it, later. Attacking a City during wartime should always open you up to getting murdered, later. It's war, after all.
  • Not sure an automatic bounty on the board for raiders is the way forward due to some cities wanting to give higher or lower bounty amounts based on the target.. but what I would like to see is the ability for Security aides to put bounties up (Maybe to a certain threshold?) to stop the onus being on the MoS to make sure it's done. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • So this morning I logged in to immediately being radianced by Reyson. My intent was to only check on some things for a minute and log back out again but I don't think it would be allowed once I started getting attacked so I tried to do some counter telepathy stuff back. Eventually I tried moving to another location which of course Akri was waiting at and then Crixos came to kill me too.

After they both killed me and I respawned back outside the cave, they had walls set outside Targossas which I was not able to get over due to being graced, and Stheno was there waiting for me to renounce grace so that they could kill me again. Nothing about that situation seemed appropriate to me, but if you all think that's fine more power to you I guess.
  • Bounty or Infamous? Those things are all fair if so.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Still shitty tbh but everyone seems to be all right treating each other like dumpsters
  • Atalkez said:
    Bounty or Infamous? Those things are all fair if so.
    I know you can read, so you know there were at least three people involved, and I know you know how bounties work. That stuff is very obviously not "all fair" if it was for a bounty.
  • Antonius said:
    Atalkez said:
    I know you can read, so you know there were at least three people involved, and I know you know how bounties work. That stuff is very obviously not "all fair" if it was for a bounty.
    Legionnaire Kaios (male Tash'la).
    He is 29 years old, having been born on the 11th of Phaestian, 802 years after the fall of the
    Seleucarian Empire.
    He is ranked 450th in Achaea.
    He is an extremely credible character.
    He is one of the Infamous.
    He is a Sentry in Targossas.
    He is an Arbiter in the army of Targossas.
    He is considered to be approximately equal to your might.
    He is a mentor and able to take on proteges.
    His warcry: 'These Righteous fists shall cleanse thine wicked soul!'
    See HONOURS DEEDS KAIOS to view his 2 special honours.

We can read, don't worry!
  • edited June 2020
    Infamous, yep.

ETA: Was still infamous after embracing. He's still infamous now.

ETA2: Look, I get you don't like getting attacked anytime when not all your PvPers are online. But if we're talking about shitty behaviour, people with bounties sitting on ships/Nirvana, infamous people or soldiers qqing during radiance in sanctions, the constant log-out before sanctions and log-in after the tank is put down are pretty shitty, too.

We're also allowed to play, and try to win, just like you are. And if you're going to force me to hound you all day long to get sanctions because you refuse to gather up to try and defend, I'll use infamy and bounties and anything else I can to score points. There's no rule that says I don't get to try just because you don't like it.
  • edited June 2020
    Reyson said:
    Infamous, yep.

ETA: Was still infamous after embracing. He's still infamous now.

ETA2: Look, I get you don't like getting attacked anytime when not all your PvPers are online. But if we're talking about shitty behaviour, people with bounties sitting on ships/Nirvana, infamous people or soldiers qqing during radiance in sanctions, the constant log-out before sanctions and log-in after the tank is put down are pretty shitty, too.

We're also allowed to play, and try to win, just like you are. And if you're going to force me to hound you all day long to get sanctions because you refuse to gather up to try and defend, I'll use infamy and bounties and anything else I can to score points. There's no rule that says I don't get to try just because you don't like it.

EDIT: just going to let the affected people do their thing.
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Antonius said:
    Atalkez said:
    I miss your sass. From the snippet he posted, two separate attacks, could have been for any of the two reasons depending on how the situation played out. Now we know it was Infamy, so again everything was fair about it.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • You people need better timezones.
  • This be true.
  • Re: replacing war-based infamy, don't do it with bounties. Bounties are annoying when only one person can claim them and it doesn't really open up people to retaliate to get sanctions. Just literally make it infamy, but per-city.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    FYI i was afk radianced by reyson and i came back to the log of someone trying to devo force me to qq/journal/etc,  not gonna name and shame but sometimes people don't know the rules and are only trying to do the right/helpful thing.
  • Archaeon said:
    FYI i was afk radianced by reyson and i came back to the log of someone trying to devo force me to qq/journal/etc,  not gonna name and shame but sometimes people don't know the rules and are only trying to do the right/helpful thing.
    This is why I'm not prone to go straight to issuing. Mistakes happen, if it was continually done/done by the same parties then I'd push for admin intervention, otherwise, give people some leeway.
  • And also if we're doing city-based infamy, ramp up the infamy gain again. I was somehow not infamous this morning. I should definitely be an open target to any Mhaldorian.
  • Ngl, @Archaeon, I legit thought when the lock broke the first time that you'd time out and I'd miss the chance to :(
  • EntaroEntaro Plymouth
    So I'm sat at Claw Cove waiting for my voyage to proc, not infamous, and get ganked by @Archaeon, @Astarod
     and Icraa.   

And I'm being told off for being too reasonable.. :D 

(Party): Crixos says, "Open your wunjos, people of Sapience."
    (Party): Crixos says, "Be nairated by my words."
  • Hardcore, do the Targ thing and issue them!