Third Black Wave: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• Accipiter said:

It feels a lot like a leopard playing with kittens
    I saw that Youtube video.  Soooooooo cute how that leopard licks the kitties and... oh. Nevermind.

• Makarios said:
    The primary thing that sets the Tsol'teth aside as an enemy however (at least in my opinion) is that they also have access to the chief advantage that adventurers do: they do not stay dead when killed through traditional means.
    But...but...

• edited May 2019
    Some memes, Pre-Teth games:

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Random realization that I've no idea what the Tsol'teth look like. Does anyone have their descriptions?
  • Sexy Tsol'aa.
  • Lenn said:
    Though it's less impressive than fighting or killing them, I'm happy with this outcome:

This album is around five inches on a side. The outside is bound in brown leather, and four dividers sit in side, supplying room for five images.
    It weighs 1 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Lenn.
    An album of preservation is holding:
    "image542808"                           a frozen image of Kaama'lier
    "image391154"                           a frozen image of Trusad'an
    "image100038"                           a frozen image of Terrin'tuuran
    "image300772"                           a frozen image of Gattan'bahar
    "image544392"                           a frozen image of Hailqas'an
    It contains a total of 5 items of a max of 5.
    It will reset to you.
    Yes.

They bugged out though and all the newlines were lost...
  • edited May 2019
    Ama-maalier would have been a cool image to grab, as far as I'm aware nobody has seen her in Tlalaiad avatar form, or if they have they aren't sharing.
    I'm tempted to buy a wonders spyglass thingy just for that

Do you think Bain'maal would autograph my figurine? 

• Speaking of descriptions, we got to talk with the Muurn yesterday. I'm not entirely sure what I thought she would look like, but this definitely wasn't the image that I had in my head. 

Clad in a plain white dress, Muurn could pass for a small angel if not for her unnerving gaze. Pudgy legs in white pantyhose comprise the bottom of her three-foot-tall frame, and an ivory-coloured bow ties off the loose ends of a ribbon above her bangs. Her head is host to a mass of tight blond ringlets, most of which are matted to her scalp by globs of blood. The crimson streaks continue down her body, staining her white dress and stockings and dribbling over the brims of her shoes to pool around her. Blood smears decorate her face below a pair of unmistakably red eyes.

Bairn Muurn, the Crimson Numen has an air of extreme strength

I couldn't help but think of this when I was reading it.

I totally was thinking similar thoughts! What was funny was when she went south and I glanced after her. Was like... huh, that's not creepy at all. "Bairn Muurn sits on a nearby rock, counting her marbles."
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Paux said:
    Random realization that I've no idea what the Tsol'teth look like. Does anyone have their descriptions?
    I do, actually, or at least most of them. Their appearance seems to vary depending on what races went into their making (Silon'ukia looks Human, Terrin'tuuran looks dwarven, Gattan'bahar looks kind of mhunnish) but they are all very pale. Which isn't surprising given they live in the Underrealm.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Makarios said:
    If you read the meaning of what the Tsol'teth say rather than the way they say it most of it is pretty horrific stuff. These are not nice people, but they do have reasons for what they do.

They are very much an immoral, unethical, and all round ppathalogical race even by the standards of Achaea. They're also one of the most overtly powerful mortal groups, which is a pretty unfortunate combination for their opposition.

The primary thing that sets the Tsol'teth aside as an enemy however (at least in my opinion) is that they also have access to the chief advantage that adventurers do: they do not stay dead when killed through traditional means. This makes them a very hard problem to solve for Achaea at large, just as it makes Achaea at large a very tough problem for the Tsol'teth to solve. I'd be very surprised if solving this problem didn't consume at least a few people's character arcs going forward, since breaking that deadlock is pretty manditory for a true defeat of the quite literal monster under the bed.

I get a pretty strong Borg sense from the Tsol'teth, personally.

• the meld is certainly borg like, the eugenics angle is lots of fictional villains, the language is almost klingon sounding when I read it in my head, that cold dispassionate alien manner of speaking is also in a lot of fiction but the way the tso'teth pull it off is kind of unique to them. Their descriptions and fashion strike me as the thermians from the klaatu nebula, which is probably just in my own imagination. 

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    They are basically better Jiraishins.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • So, with my rather small exposure compared to many IC and with the bits of conversation logs that get posted here with the Tsol’teth- their goals and speech have always reminded me of zerg in Starcraft 2 and in particular Abathur in the campaign. For the Teth and Abathur, their speech attempts to get across the point in as few words possible, and their goals are essentially, collecting specimens for analysis of unique adaptive traits to integrate into future strains for improvement and discarding anything deemed inefficient. Explanation as to the why bother act like this?- well, survival is the overall directive, but how do you prepare for a future unknown threat? Constant improvement by whatever is currently the efficient method regardless of how it may conflict with someone’s morals. The only ‘rules’ required to be observed are the laws of physics. 

For anyone interested- best example I could find of Abathur’s main interactions, showing both speech and purpose--> here

• edited May 2019
    Speaking of descriptions, we got to talk with the Muurn yesterday. I'm not entirely sure what I thought she would look like, but this definitely wasn't the image that I had in my head. 

Clad in a plain white dress, Muurn could pass for a small angel if not for her unnerving gaze. Pudgy legs in white pantyhose comprise the bottom of her three-foot-tall frame, and an ivory-coloured bow ties off the loose ends of a ribbon above her bangs. Her head is host to a mass of tight blond ringlets, most of which are matted to her scalp by globs of blood. The crimson streaks continue down her body, staining her white dress and stockings and dribbling over the brims of her shoes to pool around her. Blood smears decorate her face below a pair of unmistakably red eyes.

Bairn Muurn, the Crimson Numen has an air of extreme strength

I couldn't help but think of this when I was reading it.

That's almost exactly how I imagined her 😄

Also why does her description look so much like Iloi's siren descrip? I should make friends with her. And add blood to my descrip
  • The things down here are...amazing...truly guys you've done outstanding work. Many of us are just awed.

While I dont want to ruin anything....oh boy is Cyrene not gonna be happy >.>
  • edited June 2019
    So, tell me if I'm missing something. (You don't have to tell me -what- I'm missing. :P)

In order to play the Sojourn, regardless of RP feels about sampling, you have to get through Raia'dalam. Getting through Raia'dalam on a good day means not encountering a single mob when you get past the archway, because a single berserker can break limb and prone you instantly. If you are so unfortunate to be halted there, the mobs seem attracted to activity and swarm right away. Also, the Tide seems to spawn things.

So is the Sojourn effectively off-limits to anyone not-Dragon and unartied? Because I am level 99, have SoA, sip ring, level 2 reserves, and the ability to blackwind and I still can't even get through. (I've gotten through several times before the games opened, but the admin decided it was important to start killing me as soon as I entered I guess. Been way less lucky since that stopped.)

Since Mhaldor left the option open and justified this with scripture, I thought I'd check it out because Sojourn seems fun? But honestly if I know a huge chunk of the playerbase is sitting it out, and those who wouldn't but aren't artied/levelled enough to make it through have to sit it out anyway, I don't think it's worth my time and a dozen deaths just to look at the damn thing. I'm officially calling it quits on the TT games unless I'm seriously misinformed about something.
  • Connections are everything. Get a group and bash your way in. That’s what we had to do.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    It does suck a bit, though. I suspected it was going to be like that, but I still sort of hoped they'd at least make less monsters spawn on the way to the fortress for the duration of the game.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• There are strategies for getting through the monsters relatively safely. I don't know how admin would feel about posting them on the forums but I will say trying to simply walk straight through is probably not going to end well.

i'm a rebel

• Tesha said:
    There are strategies for getting through the monsters relatively safely. I don't know how admin would feel about posting them on the forums but I will say trying to simply walk straight through is probably not going to end well.
    I blackwind -- in this case, the effect is similar to phasing. I just need to survive three seconds inside the archway to blackwind and I can't.

I will have to follow Atalkez' advice and try a group bash with buffbois if I want to get through. I would love to see what all the devs did and the work they put into everything, I bet it's amazing. But it's just not panning out that way and I'm kinda over it altogether.

Therefore! I need LOGS. LOGS. GIVE THEM.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    So much love for our gates <3

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• He is an adamant Tsol'teth. Face alive with life and laughter, this mixture of Tsol and Satyr seems eternally laughing at some joke upon all the world around him. Deep grey eyes carry an almost merry twinkle within, while his hands continually reach up to brush happily against the twin nubs protruding from his forehead. Pearlescent strands of hair twine down his back in a series of braided
    loops, each one terminating in a ribbon of crimson or black.
    A Tsol'teth child does not even register your presence as a threat.
    He has 100% health remaining.
    He weighs about 70 pounds.
    He is loyal to The Tsol'teth.

:love::love::love:

• Biggest mistake Tsol'teth did was take our samples. They gonna turn into us.