Third Black Wave: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• edited May 2019
    Mathonwy said:
     I kind of wish there was more of a foundation for fantasy race RP, but, of course, the gem kind of renders that moot.

Pfft, letting a little thing like reincarnation stop you from being a virulent fantasy racist.

Reaching down with a massive hand, Sartan lifts your head and draws a taloned finger across your throat, the wound closing as He does so.

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Rangor said:
    Accipiter said:
    If this is the end of the event then I really dislike that they changed the Tsol'teth from being the ultimate big bad on Achaea to being just another grey and nuanced enemy in the pile of grey and nuanced enemies. I kind of feel like it isn't the end though because mechanically 3 cities lost a raid defense mechanic end they either need to get it back to have balance or the others need to go as well.
    I will also be super disappointed if the Tsol'teth cease being the big bad boogeyman hiding in the underrealm.
    But grey and nuanced enemies have all that interesting nuance :(

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • It is really easy to make up a new faction and have it come from some outer plane, it is much harder to have a faction with 20 years of being a huge threat to all civilization. It doesn't feel like the pay off was worth the character assassination that happened.
  • Vinzent said:
    Cowboy Bebop isn't the one I'd show most people first.
    And that's why you're wrong.
  • It'd frankly be odd if the tsol'teth didn't change at all in over a thousand years.

It's also possible they've studied Sapience enough to know that Achaeans have a fondness for dangerous but cute things, and they're mostly working on figuring out what counts as "cute" to try and make more efficient use of us.
  • Adrik said:
    Vinzent said:
    Cowboy Bebop isn't the one I'd show most people first.
    And that's why you're wrong.
    I said most, because it depends on the person. Cowboy Bebop is lighthearted at times but has a more serious tone, and not everyone will enjoy that; Trigun would be an alternative.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    anime is stupid
  • out of curiousity and not a dig at anything.. but is there an anime with a more iconic and well-rounded soundtrack than Cowboy Bebop because I would like to watch it.
  • edited May 2019
    Attack on Titan's soundtrack is superb.
    As is the rest of it.

• Lest anyone forgets:

Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Since anime keeps being brought up...
    Sword Art Online anyone?
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Lenn said:
    It'd frankly be odd if the tsol'teth didn't change at all in over a thousand years.

It's also possible they've studied Sapience enough to know that Achaeans have a fondness for dangerous but cute things, and they're mostly working on figuring out what counts as "cute" to try and make more efficient use of us.
    I mean, they came back this third time and started doing the exact same things as last time, didn't they? That is, until they got their nose bloodied a bit and decided to switch tactics.

• Mathonwy said:
    Lest anyone forgets:

And people ask what happened and why we don't talk anymore.
  • They obviously read public news and assumed it was all normal behaviour.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited May 2019
    Kresslack said:
    Lenn said:
    It'd frankly be odd if the tsol'teth didn't change at all in over a thousand years.

I mean, they came back this third time and started doing the exact same things as last time, didn't they? That is, until they got their nose bloodied a bit and decided to switch tactics.

I mean, the City-states of Sapience have been doing iterations of the same basic thing as far as raiding goes for just as long and many of them have changed remarkably, including in the case of Shallam moving to an altogether new biome. The Tsol'teth could be the same way, remarkable change elsewhere but a tried and true way of faring war.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

Tahquil said:
    Mathonwy said:
    Lest anyone forgets:

And people ask what happened and why we don't talk anymore.
    httpsmediatenorcomimages2e6553a2684b94b9fe43e3a9e0992be6tenorgif

• I mean... a man's gotta stand his ground.

Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Tahquil said:
    out of curiousity and not a dig at anything.. but is there an anime with a more iconic and well-rounded soundtrack than Cowboy Bebop because I would like to watch it.
    Katanagatari, Megalo Box, and Redline are high on my list.
    Mathonwy said:
    I mean... a man's gotta stand his ground.

Ah, good ole Green Street Hooligans.

•       
  • Atalkez said:
    Cowboy bebop is all time, as is outlaw star and trigun. Also a big fan of hunter x hunter, the Fate series, Code Geuse (sp?), and Berserk.
    Just starting Hunter x Hunter. Hated the first few episodes, but it quickly pulled me in.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Get your filthy anime out of here and get back to ranting about the event!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited May 2019
    Makarios said:

The primary thing that sets the Tsol'teth aside as an enemy however (at least in my opinion) is that they also have access to the chief advantage that adventurers do: they do not stay dead when killed through traditional means.

Image result for obviously gif

will be interesting to see what they come up with
  • Makarios said:
    If you read the meaning of what the Tsol'teth say rather than the way they say it most of it is pretty horrific stuff. These are not nice people, but they do have reasons for what they do.

They are very much an immoral, unethical, and all round ppathalogical race even by the standards of Achaea. They're also one of the most overtly powerful mortal groups, which is a pretty unfortunate combination for their opposition.

Perhaps you guys need to remember that you are really good at RP and most of your playerbase is less so. The cute naivete that the Tsol'teth employ is really endearing, especially Hailqas'an, and the players of Achaea have a much lower sympathy for the unseen population of the world than the Admin has historically tried to instill in us. Even non-named npcs are typically seen as pretty much useless xp bags.

It feels a lot like a leopard playing with kittens much of the time, especially because of course people will go along with a course presented by an Admin controlled toon if they think it will be interesting.