Shop of Wonders ideas.

Comments

• Ognog said:
    Please let me know if there is an existing way to do this ???
    You won't wake up until you have full health and endurance. So drain your endurance (there are several abilities/commands that cost endurance and can be spammed to drain it quickly), activate defences that have an endurance drain to keep up, remove any extra endurance regen you can, and then sleep.

If you have enough passive endurance drain (not sure how you'd manage that since sleeping was buffed though), you can sleep indefinitely.
  • Not sure why you would want to do that, other than to regen those very things, though?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Thanks for the feedback. I'd want to do it to see the dreams, and as a magi I'd struggle to do anything that uses endurance.

• Ognog said:
    Thanks for the feedback. I'd want to do it to see the dreams, and as a magi I'd struggle to do anything that uses endurance.
    Just open/close a door, or punch/kick/headslam an invalid target. If you can find a mount that's not yours, trying to mount it will drain your endurance very quickly.
  • Mishgul said:

Steel toecaps - If someone is in an adjacent room with a door in the way, you can jumpkick/lunge/stampede them, completely destroying the door in the process and hitting them as normal. - 20cr

Add the "Lusternia" door system? Sure!
  • Rispok said:
    Add the "Lusternia" door system? Sure!

That's fun.

EMBED RETARDATION AND OTHER NASTY VIBES
    CLOSE DOOR N
    CAST MAGELOCK N
    ????
    YOU HAVE SLAIN AN ENEMY.

• Sena said:
    Ognog said:
    You won't wake up until you have full health and endurance. So drain your endurance (there are several abilities/commands that cost endurance and can be spammed to drain it quickly), activate defences that have an endurance drain to keep up, remove any extra endurance regen you can, and then sleep.

If you have enough passive endurance drain (not sure how you'd manage that since sleeping was buffed though), you can sleep indefinitely.
    Might manage it with juggling and acrobatics up. The counter-drain, that is.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • What about getting someone to sleep-lock you?
  • edited March 2013
    Ognog said:
    I'd like to see a shop of wonders artifact like a "Mask of Somnolence". It would allow those of level 80 (Logosian) or higher to enjoy an extended period of sleep (and the dreams that come with it) as though under level 80 and tired.

Use up some endurance.

Start walking!
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Nothing kills endurance like wavecalling a ship back and forth.

Seriously, it's like 4-5k endurance a shot.
  • Sylvance said:
    What about getting someone to sleep-lock you?
    Doesn't last any longer than otherwise sleeping unless they keep damaging you. And if they do that, you might die, which you probably don't want!
  • Disguise kit:

-Can store up to five personal descriptions: DISGUISE STORE NOW <slot 1-5> to save your current description to a slot.
    -DISGUISE CHANGE 1-5 to set description to the saved description. 
    -TOUCH DISGUISE KIT - to toggle between allowing third-person messages showing your disguise change

(In before YOU CAN ALWAYS SCRIPT THIS)

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Synbios said:
    Disguise kit:

-Can store up to five personal descriptions: DISGUISE STORE NOW <slot 1-5> to save your current description to a slot.
    -DISGUISE CHANGE 1-5 to set description to the saved description. 
    -TOUCH DISGUISE KIT - to toggle between allowing third-person messages showing your disguise change

(In before YOU CAN ALWAYS SCRIPT THIS)
    Even better. DISGUISE PERSON. When someone uses LOOK or QL they see your disguised persona instead. 10 cr

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Best idea for the shop of wonders in this thread: 

[spoiler]Update the damned thing already.[/spoiler]
  • An item that somehow lets you access rat corpses anywhere would be great. A container that generates a single baby rat corpse every Achaean day (maximum of one corpse), or something (a pouch of enchanted cheese?) that lets you make rats appear in a non-city room (at the normal 3 rats per day rate) for a certain amount of time, or a resetting loyal rat that you can repeatedly kill and use for extispicy.

It's annoying having to either stay logged in while AFK to keep my defences or walk all the way to Ashtan then back to wherever I'm bashing/questing if I want to keep my crit bonus.
  • Sena said:
    An item that somehow lets you access rat corpses anywhere would be great. A container that generates a single baby rat corpse every Achaean day (maximum of one corpse), or something (a pouch of enchanted cheese?) that lets you make rats appear in a non-city room (at the normal 3 rats per day rate) for a certain amount of time, or a resetting loyal rat that you can repeatedly kill and use for extispicy.

It's annoying having to either stay logged in while AFK to keep my defences or walk all the way to Ashtan then back to wherever I'm bashing/questing if I want to keep my crit bonus.
    Maybe introduce a Rat Cage where you can breed rats for either gold or to feed your carnivorous pets?
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Get a pet rat, not invulnerable, and use so many badges of returning that it returns every 10 minutes!
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • @Tecton could we get this and/or an artefact idea thread pinned?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • There are a few SoW artefacts that simulate class skills (Sceptre of Aquaeous Mastery and the Obsidian Panpipes.)

I think replicating powerful class skills is a terrible idea. But, something that grants Rite of Well-Being would be a wonderful Shop of Wonders artefact.

Well-Being is not very useful in combat, but it is really useful to the young, and it would be nice to grant access to it to cities normally not allowing priests or paladins in their walls.
  • If I remember right, Well-being counters hunger attacks, right?

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    edited April 2013
    Synbios said:
    If I remember right, Well-being counters hunger attacks, right?
    No, all it does is prevent you from getting sleepier/hungrier.  It lasts forever (5520 seconds with a fork) so it is a nice rite to put in a public space, especially for novices.
  • Instead of a SoW item, I could see that being a really cool (and bloody expensive!) thing for a City to buy as an Ambassador's power. But that would (rightly, in my opinion) piss the Priests off.
  • It would also piss the Paladins off, but not nearly as much as people constantly forgetting that we have Devotion too.
  • Achilles said:
    Synbios said:
    If I remember right, Well-being counters hunger attacks, right?
    No, all it does is prevent you from getting sleepier/hungrier.  It lasts forever (5520 seconds with a fork) so it is a nice rite to put in a public space, especially for novices.

Odd. I thought it also countered hellfumes and eldritchmists.

• Here's an idea to solve a problem I have a lot with ships, vitality and that sort of thing:

Orb of Refreshment (3mc):
    While this orb is in your inventory, confers the ability to REFRESH ME.  This ability recovers 1% mana and 1% health, and may only be used if you are above 95% health and 95% mana.  It may only be used once every thirty seconds.

This solves the tedium of waiting for your mana regeneration to tick before you can shipreturn, use vitality, board ships, or that sort of thing.  The limits on it are to prevent it from being useful in combat.  Item name and flavour text aren't important, the ability is.