Shop of Wonders ideas.

Comments

• Lyr said:
    Peak said:
    Bone tattoo needle - 2 mc
    Tattoos aren't done with needles.
    You have much to learn young grasshopper.

• Asmodron said:

Lyr said:

You realise he's talking about Achaean magical tattoos, right

or

Actually, no, I think you just wanted to post that picture.
  • Delphinus said:
    Asmodron said:

Lyr said:

You realise he's talking about Achaean magical tattoos, right

or

Actually, no, I think you just wanted to post that picture.
    ...thought you were brighter than that Delph. :/
  • Since it's possible you are actually like that, I'll recommend you read the tattoo-inking messages.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Trey said:
    The old traders satchels were great. It'd be neat to get something together to mimic them for specific commodities at a higher price.

2mc - A blacksmith's chest - Generates one steel per achaean day, up to a maximum capacity of five commodities.  -   For this one, assuming an average cost of 35cr per Mayan Crown, at a current market average of 6000 gold per credit, they'd have to generate approximately 4500 steel for it to equal the purchase cost.

2mc - An enchanter's chest - Generates one elemental ice or diamond dust per achaean day, up to a maximum of five commodities.

2mc - A jagged crystal - Generates one random crystal per achaean day, up to a maximum of five crystals.
    I'd want all of these just to max my rift on stuff...
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• They auctioned off a satchel, I thought, so I doubt the commodity ones would be likely to go in. I can see the crystals going in, though.

• Should let you get chenubian wings for 250 crowns. They'd make a killing.
  • edited December 2012
    Tanris said:
    Should let you get chenubian wings for 250 crowns. They'd make a killing.
    Just allow the addition of a single custom exit to existing wings for 30 crowns or so. That would be awesome.

After all, all the wing owners have an unused exit direction east from "On the clouds" now!
  • I personally would love the delivery pigeon/dove/raven. Would make for some fun RP and aesthetics.

"I must send this report to Master <name> quickly. Here my dove, deliver this to him. Swift flight"

A dove takes to the air, a rolled letter strapped to its leg.
  • I like the delivery bird suggestion as well! Although, I guess for knights, we always had this option available to us through falcon deliver.

And since everyone's suggesting, I've always wanted an artefact cleaver that lets you BUTCHER ALL <corpse> FOR <MEAT/REAGENT>.  Just to save me time cause I'm lazy like that.

But more than anything, I'd like for the bait bucket and/or traders satchel to come back.
  • BUTCHER ALL hadn't occurred to me, but a cleaver that boosts the number of reagents per corpse has been suggested before, and I think I'd take that over BUTCHER ALL. Not that I'd object to both!
  • Peak said:
    Bone tattoo needle - 2 mc
    Doubles (maybe not double, but some charge boost) the charges of any tattoo the owner inks
    Uses one less (chosen randomly) ink necessary
    Speeds the inking process up by 15%
    Something that useful would cost like 15 crowns.

• Apart from the whole business concept of wringing people dry, I'm not sure why something like that would cost quite so much. Isn't 1 MC like 30 credits minimum?
  • Tvistor said:
    Apart from the whole business concept of wringing people dry, I'm not sure why something like that would cost quite so much. Isn't 1 MC like 30 credits minimum?
    Going on the current prices for items, and their relative usefulness, 15 crowns sounds like a reasonable guess.
  • Well, increased charges and faster tattoo speed are currently accessible from a transed miniskill, which is a bit over 100cr. If it actually doubled charges, that would be way better than trans Inkmilling; not sure how the 15% compares to the maximum reduction from inkmilling. Add in the ink saving, and you're definitely looking at well over 2mc. Not to mention it's far above average utility for Shop of Wonders items.
  • Iocun said:
    A clouded jewel.

TURN the jewel to hide your experience rank from your honours. Also removes you from RANKINGS XP. Turning it again makes it visible again.
    TOUCH the jewel to hide your combat rank. People can still see it by checking RANKINGS COMBAT though. Touching again makes it visible.
    SHAKE the jewel to hide your explorer rank from honorsf. Also removes you from RANKINGS EXPLORERS. Shaking it again makes it visible.
    I'm okay with this as long as the displays are something like the following, where the numbers don't change.

Rankings XP
    #1 Penwize
    #2 Darogan
    #4 Rinzai
    #5 Xandeus
  • Also it should automatically turn off if you're shrubbed.
  • Magical amulet!: likes to sparkle and shine. Nothing special here, just pretty. (3 crowns).

• Rispok said:
    Iocun said:
    A clouded jewel.

TURN the jewel to hide your experience rank from your honours. Also removes you from RANKINGS XP. Turning it again makes it visible again.
    TOUCH the jewel to hide your combat rank. People can still see it by checking RANKINGS COMBAT though. Touching again makes it visible.
    SHAKE the jewel to hide your explorer rank from honorsf. Also removes you from RANKINGS EXPLORERS. Shaking it again makes it visible.
    I'm okay with this as long as the displays are something like the following, where the numbers don't change.

Rankings XP
    #1 Penwize
    #2 Darogan
    #4 Rinzai
    #5 Xandeus
    That sounds reasonable, yes. Might even make it something like:
    #1 Penwize
    #2 Darogan
    #3 An unknown adventurer
    #4 Rinzai
    #5 Xandeus
  • An antique lacquered box : Creates 5 random, non-blank tarot cards per day, holding a maximum of 25 in total.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • I want that, though I would probably customize the appearance.

Just for the pretty colors, of course.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Iocun said:
    Tanris said:
    Should let you get chenubian wings for 250 crowns. They'd make a killing.
    Just allow the addition of a single custom exit to existing wings for 30 crowns or so. That would be awesome.

After all, all the wing owners have an unused exit direction east from "On the clouds" now!
    Too soon. >:P