Official IronCon Announcement

Comments

• AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    The more you guys talk about booze, the more I consider whoring myself in order to buy a ticket to Vegas. Especially @Deucalion's scotch talk. Johnnie Walker Double Black Label is the nicest I've been able to afford, but I've been dying to drink better. 

Oh, well. Maybe next year.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • @Amunet I can't officially encourage whoring yourself out as it's probably against the law where you live, but......  ;)
  • DeucalionDeucalion The Garden of the Gods
    There's almost certainly tickets available to get into Ironcon, so if you do manage to find a way to get to Vegas (I advise doing so legally )we'll be happy to include you in the scotch pool. 

Mmmmm...pool filled with scotch. 
  • HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    I have a ticket for sale -- let me know if you're interested in it!

• Mffzm.. zssh.. ticket.. mfmfmm.. sale... bleh.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Poker Tourney by House / Faction ::

Just saying.

Eleusis FTW!

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

Prythe, you forgot: it's all of IRE. You'll need to prove that Achaea is the best first before you start talking about which house is best. Though I guess you could reverse it: find the best player from each game and then have them represent the game in an IRE Poker FFA. 
  • Going to be in Cali for a few years, so next year I have to go.  Was tempted to buy a ticket this year, but I knew it would be a crazy summer, and it is... Scotchy scotch scotch.  
  • No idea if there'll be one next year or not!
  • What, are you guys planning on getting banned from the hotel?  You know, there is an inn in Alaska that our crews weren't allowed in for several years...
  • I'm bringing Red November and 7 Wonders. Was anyone else planning on bringing them? And is anyone bringing Ascension?
  • Hah, my friend (Justin Gary) made Ascension, though I don't have a physical copy currently.

I'm bringing Kingdom Builder and Cards against Humanity. Never played 7 Wonders but have been wanting to try it.
  • Heh. Very cool! It's a fun game. Been trying to decide if I should bring it but didn't want to bring too many things.
  • You guys aren't playing Achaean Risk? WHAT DID I SAY?
  • Xith said:
    You guys aren't playing Achaean Risk? WHAT DID I SAY?
    That's what the IG capture the flag game is for later this month!
  • If anyone has it, I'd heartily recommend Arkham Horror, not that I'm going though.
    Deucalion said:
    Prythe, you forgot: it's all of IRE. You'll need to prove that Achaea is the best first before you start talking about which house is best. Though I guess you could reverse it: find the best player from each game and then have them represent the game in an IRE Poker FFA. 
    For this kind of competition, I'd suggest taking a page from the combatents of the past and have 1 on 1 duels with belts, garbage can lids and mops :D
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Settlers of Catan?

I'm really just wondering which achaeans are going to hook up (let's be honest, it's going to happen), and then what they'll name their baby in 9 months(might happen).

P.S. name him/her Peak
  • Peak said:
    I'm really just wondering which achaeans are going to hook up (let's be honest, it's going to happen), and then what they'll name their baby in 9 months(might happen).

P.S. name him/her Peak
    They have to name it IronCon, actually. It's in the fine print of your ticket purchase.
  • Im staying on the strip, but it doesnt look like im going to make it there today. Should never have flown Delta. 

Stuck in ATL. Always.
  • I will be arriving tomorrow afternoon/night. 
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Will miss Friday night (well maybe I get there at midnight
  • edited July 2013
    I should arrive at LAS about 11:54 am. I'm staying at the Westin. Was going to stay at Excalibur since it was about same price and distance. Last time I stayed at Ex it was old and stinky but I guess they have rebuilt it or remodeled it or something. Meh. Anyways, I opted to go for a new place close to the strip instead of directly on it. I will soon find out if this was a mistake or not. The Hampton close to the villa was pretty much booked except for a few expensive rooms (I made my reservations kind of late). I expect I'll take a nap in preparation for the parteh at that point since my roommates had a party here last night and kept me up :/

edited July 2013
    Way to leave me hanging, lyr :( (just saw you won't be here.)
  • It's pretty fun. Should come tonight!
  • First night was awesome and not a drunkfest at all. You missed out @Ainia
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    On my way. Be there in 1!
  • Antonius said:

not a drunkfest at all

Will try harder this time.
  • Flying in this morning, I've heard many good things already. Excited to see/meet everyone! 
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Take pictures and share!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

This discussion has been closed.