Official IronCon Announcement

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Kalici said:

I just went back and reread, and discovered the concept of

this game . . . plus alcohol!!!!!!

No words for the awesomeness!

image " All right, all right, now, you're over stimulated. Let's get some beer in you, and then it's right to bed."
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • So question: If we're now unable to go but still possess a ticket in the name of our character? Are any bonus items and things applicable to the owner without attendance?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • DeucalionDeucalion The Garden of the Gods
    @xith: I believe that you are able to transfer your ticket. Email Sarapis, but I think what's going on is you basically get another person to buy it (via paypal or whatever) and then you talk to Sarapis and give him the info of the person you're transferring to. 

I can't answer about the bonus items because I don't know if there are "official" ones or if we're going to make them up as we go, but if there's something like an honors line that says "He attended the first IronCon" if you weren't there, it wouldn't make sense to get it. If there's some other special bag handed out in game as a bonus for ordering the ticket, perhaps that would be given, though. 
  • Deucalion said:
    @xith: I believe that you are able to transfer your ticket. Email Sarapis, but I think what's going on is you basically get another person to buy it (via paypal or whatever) and then you talk to Sarapis and give him the info of the person you're transferring to. 

I can't answer about the bonus items because I don't know if there are "official" ones or if we're going to make them up as we go, but if there's something like an honors line that says "He attended the first IronCon" if you weren't there, it wouldn't make sense to get it. If there's some other special bag handed out in game as a bonus for ordering the ticket, perhaps that would be given, though. 
    I believe his question is arising because he's having difficulty finding someone to sell his tickets to.
  • Xith said:
    So question: If we're now unable to go but still possess a ticket in the name of our character? Are any bonus items and things applicable to the owner without attendance?
    Well, what you get for buying the ticket is entrance and the bound credits. If there's anything that's tied to showing up though, you'll have to show up to get it.
  • I'll make peace with it then.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • I think we should all get a bottomless vial of water for showing up to Vegas in the middle of July.
  • Well, there'll certainly be bottomless vials of booze there!

@Xith Sorry you can't make it!
  • It's only 115 here right now. A little sunscreen, a sip of water, and never go outside, you'll be fine.

Looking forward to endless booze, though. It just SOUNDS like a challenge.
  • @Sarapis - you mentioned there will be cheap alcohol, but it won't ALL be beer, will it? I am not opposed to cheap drinks, but I'm not a beer girl. :(
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.
    edited July 2013
    Sarapis can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing we're looking at mid to bottom shelf, rather than Grey Goose. Will probably depend on how he wants to buy the initial supply and how quickly we go through it. 

Speaking of booze, is anyone here much of a scotch drinker? I was considering going out and buying a nice bottle to enjoy while things are tame and chill and before the crazy partying begins, but I would rather split the price with a few people who will appreciate it. Personally I was thinking something like Lagavulin 16, which runs around 70-80 dollars normally, and probably more like 100 in vegas. That said, a pour of it at a club will run you 20 bucks at least, so if 4-5 of us go in on a bottle you get probably 2-3 pours. I'd be fine with maybe a Dalwhinnie 15 or something which is more like 50 dollars, as well. 
  • Yeah, we'll have stuff like Smirnoff vodka, Captain Morgan's, etc as well as lots of mixers. I've discovered some pretty good higher end wine in a box that might be doable too, if I can find it easily in Vegas. Not exactly a wine paradise once you leave the strip though.
  • You should be able to find Bota Box there, probably the best box wine available for the price.

• There's a Lee's Discount Liquor a couple miles from where the Con will be at, they (usually) have a huge selection, and great prices compared to gas stations and grocery stores. I would be surprised if you couldn't find what you need there.

There's a Total Wine a little further out that might have a better wine selection, but I'm not positive that they're cheaper. Both places are still the best in town, though.
  • Isn't Macallan M like $4000 a bottle?
  • edited July 2013
    Eld said:
    Isn't Macallan M like $4000 a bottle?
    I'll go in on 1/4000th of a bottle. Got 3998 friends?

• Haha. Not only is it 4k+ a bottle, you're only going to find it in the most high end liquor stores in the country. Maybe like 1 in 1000 stores will have a bottle.

Sorry, Sarapis doesn't pay me enough for that! If someone buys 10000 credits or something, maybe he can chip in though ;)
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Deucalion said:

Sorry, Sarapis doesn't pay me enough for that! If someone buys 10000 credits or something, maybe he can chip in though ;)

I was pondering what to do with my tax return >.>
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• AkiaAkia phoenix, az
    Silly silly, beer is where it's at.  Actually I used to be super into alcohol in my Army days.  Unfortunately I systematically started eliminating each type of alcohol with really bad memories of throwing up or lack of memories by blacking out.    Can't stand the taste of anything but Tequila now!  I'll drink the shit out of a margarita, I'm not ashamed.

• AkiaAkia phoenix, az
    Although it's probably been posted somewhere, or I'm overlooking it elsewhere...I could use a reiteration about where exactly in Vegas we're supposed to be going...an address perhaps.  Someone made it occur to me I had no idea where to go beyond "Vegas" and that's a pretty broad statement.

• edited July 2013
    That was all in an email that went out about about a month ago (address, time to be there, etc), and will go out again this coming week!

@Akia if you didn't get that mail btw, please let me know!
  • AkiaAkia phoenix, az
    Turns out I did get the email, I just didn't open it.  Must have been a busy week for me.  

Countdown is at 10 days!

Sarapis and I were just talking about some different entertainment we'll have available and we know people like party video games. We both have Nintendo Wii systems, but I only have 3 wiimotes and he only has 2. 

Does anyone have extra wii controllers you'd be willing to bring so both of the systems can have four controllers? I suppose we'd need both the wiimote and the nunchuck x3. We don't need the motion plus things though, as I don't think any games we have use it. 
  • Weeeellll. Due to a few bad things happening in the last couple months, I'm a no go. Sadly, I had to make other money choices involving rent and food, though I promise it was a close decision. I can drink my food. Anyway, have fun!
  • I have one ticket if anyone is in need.
  • Someone should bring Cards Against Humanity. 

I can also bring Metagame if anyone is interested: http://kotaku.com/5869505/the-new-best-way-to-argue-about-video-games
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.
  • I'm bringing CAH, yep!
This discussion has been closed.