Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• Lyrin said:
    How do you get leap at 0.6s?   I get it at about 0.85 (with nimble)

Item : leap_balance
      Expectation Time: 1
      Num observations: 23
      Min: 0.74 Max: 0.98 Mean: 0.85
    My timestamp could be wrong. So if it's 0.85 like you tested, a single tumble over wall defeats DWB pulp path entirely. Is this intended design? Cos all other knight specs is not defeated entirely by simply tumbling over wall.

Feel like the assault head balance change to solve infernal fork has unintendedly hurt DWB's pulp path. I believe this can be adjusted back for Runie, or as part of runeblade to maintain assault head at 2.8s (after nimble) like before. 3.7s after nimble is just way too slow.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    edited February 2021
    That's wholly untrue. SNB and DWC dsb is beat by tumble over wall
  • edited February 2021
    Archaeon said:
    That's wholly untrue. SNB and DWC dsb is beat by tumble over wall
    Okay perfect then, thanks. I also just tested with Mindshell and confirmed the same, tumble should kill it. And correction, assault head wasn't 3.7s, it's about 3.23s. Thanks.
  • Your logic also assumes you're on balance go tumble instantly, which can be false due to opponent action or forced by you.
  • The intention is that tumble should save you. That's the case for most prep classes, unless they have a different counter.
  • Snu8xE0W - ada-young.com (ada-young.com)

I have 8774 health. Saonji broke my leg in 6 hits. How is it possible, what am I missing here.

Please look at the part after the first right leg break, I mend it, and it takes 6 jabs to the right to break it again.

10:25:19.43 I mend right leg, cured.

10:25:19.46 Saonji jabbed right leg 1

10:26:03.31 Saonji jabbed right leg 2

10:26:05.13 Saonji jabbed right leg 3 (Accia + Tremolo)

10:26:08.65 Saonji jabbed right leg 4

10:26:10.47 Saonji jabbed right leg 5

10:26:12.29 Saonji jabbed right leg, broke right leg

And it takes 6 hits to break my health...Please let me know if I am watching this correctly or something is off...

• Tremolo does 60% limb damage if said limb has a mending break on it.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• I have been testing that but couldn't see it does 60% limb damage... I will seek you in-game to check this out, maybe I am bugged.

• It has been that way ever since it got made to not be a guaranteed resto break every use.

• okay nevermind, I just tested again, and obviously I was bugged. My tremolo and vibrato cooldown for the limb damage never returns to me, so I can't do it forever... ISSUED myself for it.

• edited March 2021

Probably because it's not being used. Tremolo cd only fires if it does the limb damage. You should look closer at how I do tremolo hits, rather than just the tremolo line.

• edited March 2021

each time I do it, I get this line: You may not utilise the vibrato in such a way again as of this time. The CD never returns.

• You need to jab epteth/epseth (always does left>right progression)/sing tremolo to get the bonus to the limb damage.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Acciaccatura does fine. Don't have to use venom.

• edited March 2021

Sounds like Saonji hacked you.

RIP BUGLORD DOCHITHA

• What is this and does eye sigil bring him out?

Caladbolg shines with a terrible brilliance for a single instant, then vanishes in a shower of ash.

Shecks snickers softly to himself.

Shecks lifts one hand to touch an earring of Sinope.

Blistered skin melting from his flesh, Shecks has succumbed to the effects of Novak, Trial-Elect of Antagony's darkshade.

• Looks like Fire Lord's travel ability, not a phase-like ability.

So monoliths.

• I don't know which that is exactly. If it is Flashpoint (Raido lookalike) or Hearth then Monoliths as Saonji said.

If it's Ashstep (Pretty much a track lookalike) and they've ashrained the area and have an outdoors ally to step to away from you, then not much to do to stop it outside of keeping them prone/paralyzed or indoors.

• edited April 2021

Double posts!

• edited April 2021

It looks like you sipped mana after the enfeeble, that wouldn't help.

As a sentinel, you could have used a noose trap to get another sip. Not sure if you'd stand before a second torso broken bbt, but chances are you'd survive it too. Things tend to get sketchy on the third.

I cant remember if bbt requires 2 unbroken arms. If it does, you can morph wolverine/claw a prepped arm to break it while prone. It'll be another limb formula to learn though :P

• edited April 2021

Spam apply mending when you're close to prepped. (@Namino )

Not sipping mana on the enfeeble would have maybe saved you from getting 1 shot (though you'd still be proned for a second one).

Tumbling into noose traps, and only enemying on tumble/exit to prevent them pre-emptively triggering traps.

I think Sentinel probably has the least ways to counter things like that.

• BBT requires two arms. So if you can prone break an arm then that's fine. Traps is better as Lyrin pointed out, just stop them from chasing you. They can't even mind travel to you because traps ridiculously can stop people who arrive from the ether as long as they're coming from the adjacent room (though a monk might walk the opposite way if there's no trap and then transfer in from farther away, which doesn't trigger traps because there's no internal consistency in Achaea whatsoever).

If you start spam applying mending I'm not fighting anymore. 😄

• Since this discussion is up top and sort of on point.

What are your guys' thoughts on shaman being able to vodun cripple/blackout while prone and giving earth lord more hinder like a counterblock parry smth or stun to build up shape? Seems hard to get anywhere without it, kinda feels like it's in a rough spot at this stage. I'm not so frequent with it anymore so I might be wrong, I'd like some educated opinions, thanks!

• edited April 2021

Neither Shaman, nor Earth Lord, are really in any need of buffs.

Atalkez seems to do perfectly fine with Earth Lord against basically any matchup. I wouldn't say defense is where Shaman could do with a few changes, either (if any changes at all).

• Shaman is unironically in probably the best state of nearly any class in the game. It has excellent defense and plenty of ways to kill someone, all of which are counterable though not easily so.

The only changes I really want at this point for Shaman are small tweaks designed to make certain things already available to them slightly less clunky (specifically sleep lock and swapping spirits).

• I was thinking about sleeplocks for shaman then I realized shaman doesn't need hypersomnia.

Then I realized apostate doesn't need hypersomnia.

Then I remembered shadowstrike exists.

It's been a journey.

• Ok thanks.

For earth lord it just confirmes my hypothesis that I need to learn more about salve abuse and get gewd. Just thought it'd be cool to give them some sort of special parry, with they way their fighting style is.

For shaman I agree, it feels super complete and aelkesh is always there for ya, just sometimes, when it's rough getting that doll up and you sit there legs prepped prone it feels like come ooon, spent my time making this as my prep, now I'm stuck pinned down like a pig. But yeah, thanks for input.

• Earth Lord can already ignore parry once you get a few hits in.

• Earth lord has an uncounterable prep kill. Balanced!