Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• Sophi said:
     I bet if they removed a lot of the silliness and modernized the class a bit the jester population would double.
    0*2=0

But as a serious answer, jester bashing is great if artied. Jester combat is.. debatable. I don't think anyone enjoys 1v1ing against a jester, so there's not a great market there, and as Sophi said in group they get targeted first a lot because of their incredible utility + access to aeon. 

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Sophi said:

I didn't spend a lot of time bashing as jester but iirc it was probably average. Can't speak to artied blackjack bashing numbers either.
    Unartied the comparisons are gonna be similar, without tank arties it can be a bit squishy though (I don't count priestess spam; time using that is time not bashing).

Biggest reason people don't play it, I'd say, aside from the class flavour... Would be yeah, the amount of effort needed to PK with Jester isn't worth it. It's an incredibly strong class when played well, but also incredibly boring for a lot of people. You're also not really gonna be getting kills in a group either, and you're also gonna be a high prio target in groups.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• edited July 2020
    I was A Jester for many years and was extremely attached to the class, but I switched because I found managing the combat side just too difficult. Not to say there aren't people out there who do it well, but managing the puppets, juggling, etc become more a chore than a joy. 

The only reason I swapped to Occie was the fact I loved Tarot and had 25,000 cards, but found it much better for me to have fun with in the end. 

I do miss it though and am one of the few who love the flavour of it. If extra classes didn't have such a huge uptick in lesson cost I'd have it back, just as a fun class 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Has anyone else noticed a steep decline in 4x trample chance lately?

I'm using a legendary flying pet and getting less than 4 limbs MOST of the time.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Good :anguished:
  • edited September 2020
    never mind I am dumb. 
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • Are all classes impacted by clumsiness or just physical type attacks?
    Lol I wish there was some reason to it.  Physical classes yes but also shaman and apostate?? Apparently pointing and staring takes a very high level of coordination
  • Kynath said:
    Are all classes impacted by clumsiness or just physical type attacks?
    Most classes that have multiple afflictions on each hit are affected by clumsiness, but only the first hit will miss. The others will still hit you.  This is how double and triple-afflicting skills are balanced.
  • C'monnnnn classlead 2.
  • To confirm, the weaponry skill doesn't offer any benefit to someone with trans weaponmastery in regards to weapon accuracy?
  • According to HELP WEAPONRY, it doesn't look like there's any benefit even without Trans Weaponmastery. Even at lowest rank, knights don't miss against denizens for instance. Here's the relevant snippet:

- For those with Weaponmastery, learning weaponry will convey no benefit, as the benefits of Transcendent Weaponry are conveyed regardless (only for the purpose of "weapons effectiveness").

Weapons Effectiveness
    ---------------------
    This is a sort of general measure of how well you will use any weapon, and is
    related, as noted above, to the Weaponry skill (and, for some, the
    Weaponmastery, Pranks, Skirmishing, or Groves skill).

What is affected by your weapon's effectiveness?
    - the chance that any weapon's attack (swing/jab/whatever) is 'a hit.'
    - the chance that your 'hit' is not avoided by your target.
    - the damage done.
  • does lash speed affect raze times? if so, how significant of a difference are we talking about between non-artie and L1/2/3?
  • Nope, flay is static regardless of weapon.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I have it in my head that dex affect flay speed. True or false?
  • IsaiahIsaiah Georgia
    edited October 2020
    False, Dex. affects garrote speed for Denizens, and Dstab speed for Adventurers. Along with a few other things (i.e. phase recovery speed, etc.).

@Mizik

Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made. 

• What's the scaling on alchie inundates?
  • Gallida said:
    What's the scaling on alchie inundates?
    9% per temper for formulation. 4.5% per for Sublimation 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Mizik said:
    I have it in my head that dex affect flay speed. True or false?
                            Makarios says, "I don't usually read the thread so only just saw it, but the
    answer to your question regarding flay was incorrect Mizik. Dexterity does benefit flay balance, 
    though the benefit is capped."

Makarios says, "Dex up to 18 will benefit flay, though each point is a very
    minor increase in the grand scheme of things."

Santar says, "1.53 vs 1.72 18 dex vs 15 dex, you right."

achaea.com/credits

:)
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited November 2020
    o_o Is Int spost to increase firelord damage? I keep getting told yes but going from 18-21 int had a 0% increase in damage. (Attacks all hit the same)
    Same question but with Collar, 0% increase in damage (been told both on this one). 

Assumingly int should increase the damage of the attacks and Collar shouldn't (Borrowed arties if it matters)
    Did not increase damage on mobs or players (that I could tell on mobs I mean it was still 3-4% of the stuff in mog.

Mostly Asking because I think im bugged. :D

• Only against denizens, not against players.
  • Int and collar boost elemental lord bashing, but Fire has pretty good base damage already. Fully artied, it's approximately on-par with DWC/Shaman albeit with one hit rather than two.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited November 2020
    Gallida said:
    Int and collar boost elemental lord bashing, but Fire has pretty good base damage already. Fully artied, it's approximately on-par with DWC/Shaman albeit with one hit rather than two.
    Would you suggest Soa+ firelord with no extra int/collar or lv3 band blademaster with 12 strength/18 con o_o.. 13 strength/19 con since im a runewarden multiclass now..
    I have the same con in firelord/blademaster so. and for bashing that is.

• Fire Lord bashing is amazing. Feel no pain, kills quick.
  • Does anyone know how much, if any, stats impact maximum form length for Shikudo? I seem to fumble after 13, but it sure would be nice to somehow get that up to 15.
  • Tih said:
    Does anyone know how much, if any, stats impact maximum form length for Shikudo? I seem to fumble after 13, but it sure would be nice to somehow get that up to 15.
    Stats don't affect it. You have a chance to fumble any attack after 12, and this is calculated on a per-attack basis, so your first "unsafe" combination of 3 attacks for 13-14-15 is very likely to do it. Rain form ups the safe range to 24.

• 7123h, 4821m, 33675e, 17752w b-
    Drawing himself up to his full height, Giddieon throws his arms wide. The clouds above roil, then bolt after bolt of incandescent lightning falls upon you. The world becomes nothing but light and pain.
    1402h, 4821m, 33675e, 17752w b-

What is this attack, and what are its preconditions? Any way to mitigate or avoid it? Is this like L3 artied with sash, collar, etc. or can any sylvan basically do this?

I realize this is probably partially based on that room buildup mechanic they have and I should just get out, but it seems very hard to get away from the room when they have that forestal version of tentacles up. 
    I'm not sure what it's called but I like to call it 'ow fuck that hurts'. I'm guessing you had sensitivity?
  • Also consider that "very hard" to escape should still be a 2 in 3 chance to leave successfully? Once you leave the room, all of the Sylvan's momentum is reset. 

As for the damage, double check whether you had sensi, as Archaeon said
  • Wildgrowth is 66% proc rate, so 1 in 3.

That looks like shockwave. It takes a lot of AP and scales off certain kelp. That looks normal. Touch crystal and plaugh, then gare. No reason to die if you didn't die on the hit.