Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• No you’re right that’s the point. If you spam mending/stand/shield you can beat the kill outright. It takes doing that though, and is a flaw in the timing of earth lord attacks. Need to be .1s slower to close the window.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited March 2020
    Is there any good reason to keep the rotting remains talisman once completed? I have tried to figure out how to integrate it into my offense 1v1 but because it hits everyone in the room and I don't know what it's going to hit with I'm not sure what advantage I get from it.

I think I can trade it in for 80 bound credits - is this true even if the pieces are "Q"? If so, do you guys think it is a good idea to trade it in and put the lessons into my class skills or towards a different artie?
  • There's no trade-in for Q pieces.
  • It decreases by piece used. If you use 3 Promotional and 1 Quest, it will tradein for 3/4 of the full promotional tradein. If you used all Q, it won’t have a tradein.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • The remains are useful but they can’t just be fired and forgotten. Everyone gets affed at the same time, so it depends on how you react to that +1 aff and your class.
  • Are there any threads discussing basic combat as Earth Lord? I saw a recent post Chubbs made and some responses but I'm probably too unskilled to decipher it. I would love more of a simple, straightforward intro to the class.

Also, any suggestions for traits to take for it? You can't do nimble with the class, so I was thinking +1 STR for fighting/bashing and Lucky for bashing. Would Sawbones maybe be helpful since it is so based on limb breaks?
  • Elemental Lords all use int for bashing damage, and collar also boosts it- something to keep in mind! Sawbones is probably not needed too, since it uses static limb break numbers like dragon does.
  • Kog said:
    Elemental Lords all use int for bashing damage, and collar also boosts it- something to keep in mind! Sawbones is probably not needed too, since it uses static limb break numbers like dragon does.
    Fire Lady here. Would collar + ember both increase bashing damage?
  • Nhakra said:
    Kog said:
    Elemental Lords all use int for bashing damage, and collar also boosts it- something to keep in mind! Sawbones is probably not needed too, since it uses static limb break numbers like dragon does.
    Correct. Collar, intelligence and the incandescent_might artefact will all have an effect on your flamewhip damage against denizens.
  • Taryius said:
    Nhakra said:
    Kog said:
    Correct. Collar, intelligence and the incandescent_might artefact will all have an effect on your flamewhip damage against denizens.

Yep, and that's true for any Elemental Lord, as per the announce- they all got put on int/collar scaling. I don't remember which announce, but it's in the Elemental Lord bashing changes one.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #5117                                     (09/16/2019 at 03:39)  
    From   : Makarios, the Meticulous
    To     : Everyone
    Subject: What's the damage?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We've been looking at damage against mobs across the various classes and will be making some changes
    here going forward, to bring up the weaker candidates to a more standard level of strength. While 
    doing this we've gone through and made the various elemental lords now scale their PVE damage with 
    stats: specifically the intelligence stat. While strength does thematically fit earth lord better in 
    this respect, we feel making earth lords purchase a separate artefact to maximise PVE damage when 
    the other three lord forms can benefit from the collar post changes would pose an unnecessary 
    limitation.

Essentially, you will now do more damage as elemental lords in PVE and can raise this further with
    inteligence modifiers and/or magic damage collars.

Enjoy!

Penned by My hand on the 11th of Ero, in the year 810 AF.
  • You guyses are the best. Thank you, one and all.
  • Just to make sure, since I got a reply back on my bug that seems odd- it is 100% intended that clumsiness blocks a Psion's entire round?
  • Kog said:
    Just to make sure, since I got a reply back on my bug that seems odd- it is 100% intended that clumsiness blocks a Psion's entire round?
    Practice mode:
    Striking like coiled lightning, your hand flashes out and lays open the throat of Nephiny with a
    translucent dagger in a spray of crimson.
    Your blow strikes Nephiny but is robbed of much of its impact by your faulty technique.

vs

Striking like coiled lightning, your hand flashes out and lays open the throat of Nephiny with a
    [Nephiny]: Health: 5992/5992 Mana: 5513/5513 (Gained asthma)
    Your body and mind continue to harmonise: you are 20 percent of the way to full transcendence.
    Lightning explodes from your blade as you hack into Nephiny, her body locking up as the current rips
    through her.
    [Nephiny]: Health: 5053/5992 Mana: 5513/5513 (Gained paralysis)

And then some attacks, when they fail, don't give ANY line for the hit, and just display the fail message:

Your blow strikes Nephiny but is robbed of much of its impact by your faulty technique.
    vs
    You lash at Nephiny with a translucent lash, directing the fundamental weave of her body to begin
    unwinding.
    [Nephiny]: Health: 5977/5992 Mana: 5513/5513 (Gained unweavingbody)
    Your body and mind are in perfect harmony; transcendence is yours.
    Lightning explodes from your weapon as it smashes into Nephiny, her body locking up in agony as it
    rips through her.
    [Nephiny]: Health: 5038/5992 Mana: 5513/5513 (Gained paralysis)

It has a 33% chance to stop the weave.  Prepare  goes through.
  • Archaeon said:
    Prepare does not go through, look at the log. That's practice mode in the arena, any aff pops up a line- test for yourself? Maybe I'm bugged somehow, not the skill.
  • Kog said:
    Archaeon said:
    Prepare does not go through, look at the log. That's practice mode in the arena, any aff pops up a line- test for yourself? Maybe I'm bugged somehow, not the skill.

Just FYI: I've noticed that practice mode doesn't always show all affs/curing.  I always thought I was gagging lines (STFU Archaeon) but went back and wasn't.  Disclaimer:  This may have been fixed because I really only used practice mode when I was building my system to do a bit of testing/try to build in some stat samples.

• Caelan said:
    Kog said:
    Archaeon said:

Just FYI: I've noticed that practice mode doesn't always show all affs/curing.  I always thought I was gagging lines (STFU Archaeon) but went back and wasn't.  Disclaimer:  This may have been fixed because I really only used practice mode when I was building my system to do a bit of testing/try to build in some stat samples.

They weren't curing the secondary affs either, they just never landed. I can test again outside the arena though.
  • You prepare to alter future creations to possess the disruption modification.
    You weave a translucent dagger into being, its ethereal form firming to corporeality in your hands.
    Striking like coiled lightning, your hand flashes out and lays open the throat of Ryleigha with a
    Your blow strikes Ryleigha but is robbed of much of its impact by your faulty technique.

You say, "Ah, perfect."

You ask, "Diagnose?"

You say, "No afflictions, correct?"

Ryleigha says in a soothing, mellifluous voice, "Only blind and deaf."
    Outside the arena, no cure used.
  • It's not just @kog, I saw this testing some stuff with Oblive, too. Usually the weave fails and the prepare goes through, but there's a clear chance that neither does. Gunna have to sit down and test what the exact percentage is, though.
  • I'm getting this 100% of the time, over an admittedly short number of tests. Certain attacks- Deathblow, for example- always show the hit line THEN the faulty technique line. Certain attacks- Unweave, for example- just show the faulty technique line.
  • edited April 2020
    Alright, whatever's up is weirder than I realised. It looks like it changed recently, somehow.

This is what I was getting a month ago from a clumsy hit, from one of my logs:

You weave a translucent dagger into being, its ethereal form firming to corporeality in your hands.
    Striking like coiled lightning, your hand flashes out and lays open the throat of Lorei with a translucent dagger in a spray of crimson.
    Your blow strikes Lorei but is robbed of much of its impact by your faulty technique.
    Your body and mind continue to harmonise: you are 20 percent of the way to full transcendence.
    Lightning explodes from your blade as you hack into Lorei, her body locking up as the current rips through her.

And a clumsy hit with deathblow/disrupt today:

No prepare, and no transcendence progress. So sometime in the last month it changed. There's nothing in classleads, looks like, so I'm presuming this is a bug.

• Keorin said:
    Alright, whatever's up is weirder than I realised. It looks like it changed recently, somehow.

This is what I was getting a month ago from a clumsy hit, from one of my logs:

Striking like coiled lightning, your hand flashes out and lays open the throat of Lorei with a translucent dagger in a spray of crimson.
    Your blow strikes Lorei but is robbed of much of its impact by your faulty technique.
    Lightning explodes from your blade as you hack into Lorei, her body locking up as the current rips through her.

And a clumsy hit with deathblow/disrupt today:

No prepare, and no transcendence progress. So sometime in the last month it changed. There's nothing in classleads, looks like, so I'm presuming this is a bug.

Your bug report (detail: It looks like some Weaving attacks (deathblow for example) show a successful 'hit' line when clumsiness procs, followed by 'Your blow strikes Naoko but is robbed of much of its impact by your faulty technique.' while not delivering the prepared affliction either. However, using weave unweave naoko mind does not show a successful 'hit' line when it lands, only showing 'Your blow strikes Naoko but is robbed of much of its impact by your faulty technique.' while also not delivering the prepared affliction.) - has been removed because it is not a bug (usually meaning that this is the way things are intended to be). Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or misunderstanding that may be involved.

Which is why I asked originally- maybe I was unclear in my writeup, and should have been more explicit that it does not give EITHER affliction, or effect...?

• Well, I'm not sure if unweaves not showing the normal hit line is a bug or not. That's not new. From a month ago, here's how a clumsy hit looked on an unweave:

Alias "weaveattack" will now execute: "stand//weave prepare laceration/weave unweave Lorei body/"
    5183h, 4864m, 24165e, 19547w  exckdb---s00:51:00.74--
    Your queues are already empty.
    [System]: Added WEAVEATTACK to your eqbal queue.
    [System]: Running queued eqbal command: WEAVEATTACK
    You are not fallen or kneeling.
    You prepare to alter future creations to possess the laceration modification.
    Your body and mind are in perfect harmony; transcendence is yours.
    The spikes adorning your lash tear bloody furrows in the flesh of Lorei.
    5183h, 4864m, 24165e, 19547w  eckdb---s00:51:00.81--

So we still weren't getting the normal hit line, but you were getting transcendence + prepare, still. Now, a failed unweave just looks like:

You weave a translucent lash into being, its ethereal form firming to corporeality in your hands.
    (p) 5810h(100%) 5439m(100%) 100%w 100%e [80] e|cdbk|0/0|0/0|2/0|4 [cl]23:20:1

what a grand nerf to psion.  stick clumsiness and win.
  • Fire Lady question: Spoiled the mechanics for no reason.
    I've determined that placing the brand is 3 stacks. Flaring it is 2. Sipping reduces 1. Caps at 7.
    SO, Latency at 6-7 stacks is a thrice-flared brand. That should remove frost for 10s, reduce next sip, and reform brand.
    It does not. 

What I've been doing is storing brand stacks to a variable, and when it == 7 on bal, I throw the latency. Simply refuses to proc the thrice-flared effect. This is the same snippet that worked before a brief dormancy, but it's just not doing the thing.

Am I missing anything?

if brand == 7 and lttwant == 1 and inc == 1 then
      print(brand)
        send("queue addclear eqbal ignite latency "..target)
      end
    lttwant is just the toggle for whether I want to latency, and inc is my incombat toggle.
  • Nhakra said:
    Fire Lady question: Spoiled the mechanics for no reason.
    I've determined that placing the brand is 3 stacks. Flaring it is 2. Sipping reduces 1. Caps at 7.
    SO, Latency at 6-7 stacks is a thrice-flared brand. That should remove frost for 10s, reduce next sip, and reform brand.
    It does not. 
    What I've been doing is storing brand stacks to a variable, and when it == 7 on bal, I throw the latency. Simply refuses to proc the thrice-flared effect. This is the same snippet that worked before a brief dormancy, but it's just not doing the thing.
    Am I missing anything?
    if brand == 7 and lttwant == 1 and inc == 1 then<br> print(brand)<br> send("queue addclear eqbal ignite latency "..target)<br> end<br>lttwant is just the toggle for whether I want to latency, and inc is my incombat toggle.
    Resolved. Faulty information. IT WORKED BEFORE!

• YoU jUsT hAvE tO sMaRt SwAp PrIoS, oR hArD hInDeR.

I can't remember which thread had the 'head breaks and muddle are broken' talk that got shut down, but what a hilarious 180 this class has taken, if this isn't a bug.

• Rackham said:

YoU jUsT hAvE tO sMaRt SwAp PrIoS, oR hArD hInDeR.

I can't remember which thread had the 'head breaks and muddle are broken' talk that got shut down, but what a hilarious 180 this class has taken, if this isn't a bug.

Argument was being made from a poor standpoint, anyway. One who was arguing it can't be hindered by affs, is one who doesn't actually use affs (aside from breaks; tekura monk). Nobody else was really arguing that, so it's not really a 180.
  • edited April 2020
    can anyone tell me why DW's raze is paired with a prone? I don't get it. Like SnB/DWC can raze and paralyse to keep the affliction momentum going but if DW razes and prones, the target can just stand back up right? It's not like it's a prep class that can take advantage of broken legs. I have no idea what i'm missing here

nevermind. I forgot this got clarified to me a few days ago. ignore me. :lol: