Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• Sylvan's one of those annoying classes that you -have- to run away from to reset arcane power, or you're going to die, which I'm not hugely fond of as a mechanic. I'm pretty sure Giddieon's got at least some damage boosters, though even the bare bones version hits pretty hard. Sylvan's a pretty great class, honestly. 
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Try ghands quash/arc spam
  • Last I checked, AP takes ten billion years to reset, so don't count on it dipping like momentum does for DWB or Earth. Look, you survived the shockwave. Peace out with a gare or something and just reset. Touch a crystal. Wipe off a crystal and ink a new one. You'll be fine, I promise.
  • edited December 2020
    Armali said:
    Last I checked, AP takes ten billion years to reset, so don't count on it dipping like momentum does for DWB or Earth. Look, you survived the shockwave. Peace out with a gare or something and just reset. Touch a crystal. Wipe off a crystal and ink a new one. You'll be fine, I promise.
    It's ~15-20odd seconds for AP to drop to zero. And you literally just have to move adjacent, AP is tied to the room it was built in, not the player it was built on.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• I’ve always just shielded on the hit and hindered or turtled early when 2+ kelps. If memory serves that hit has a secondary damage tick as well.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited December 2020
    Atalkez said:
    I’ve always just shielded on the hit and hindered or turtled early when 2+ kelps. If memory serves that hit has a secondary damage tick as well.

Nope, Armali was right, it's shockwave. Bolt is the one that hits again a couple seconds later. The latter looks like:

Sweat breaking out on the forehead of Atalkez is your only warning before a bolt of lightning leaps down from on high, slamming into you and electrifying every nerve in a synchronised wave of agony.

• There's shockwave, and then there's electrify. Electrify does less damage and has no scaling, it's just purely a big AP hit. It hits you once, then hits you can if you're still in the same room. Usually that still won't kill you, but the sylvan can smack you with a stormhammer.

Honestly, none of the sylvan damage bombs are really scary without arties. Anyone with an active heal or arties of their own should be fine.
  • Oh right. Electrify's the double hit, bolt is the one that chunks them and gives blackout if already below 75% as well.

Always mix those two up.

• Fully partied sylvan will out damage anyone* that isn't a monk or have access to a numb-like ability.

Only consistent option if they have more arties is to leave the room - if they follow you they lose all built up AP.

*except maybe folks like Penwize, Proficy, Seragorn, and people who can just hinder them from attacking.

• More damage than even artied magi nowadays?
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    will u stop coming in here with ur nostalgia 
  • Magi does damage?
  • edited December 2020
    Amranu said:
    Magi does damage?
    Only to your own team.
  • Must be pretty close to the amount of damage occultist throws out there with int / magic damage artefacts. The combined pressure of the passive entities and star & warp is just crazy.

Surprised Magi doesn't do much damage! I guess Sylvan stationary damage really is just massive rn.
  • Jovolo said:
    Must be pretty close to the amount of damage occultist throws out there with int / magic damage artefacts. The combined pressure of the passive entities and star & warp is just crazy.

Surprised Magi doesn't do much damage! I guess Sylvan stationary damage really is just massive rn.
    Magi has acceptable but not crazy 1v1 damage, finishers like pummel/conflagrate excluded. If staffstrike scaled with int and crystalforest wasn't nearly useless (only hits prone targets without levitation, magi has no way to keep levitation stripped), it'd probably be a lot worse.

Group damage, sure, Magi beats most anything.
  • Wow so much sylvan misinformation.  No wonder it’s so “powerful“.

AP decays in 30s and 60s if they have the lightning rod artie.   Running to reset it will be incredibly boring for all involved.

electrify is the one that hits twice and shockwave is the potential one hit ko that scales with AP and (hlt, diz, epi, imp) + sensi.   If they have full ap and 3 of those you’ll probably die.  If they have 4 you will die.

Best bet to avoid easy shockwave and lock is to prio diz, confu and epi over kelp affs to keep them from getting Impatience and piling on affs.   Shield ASAP when you see overcharged static because the following delayed focus will let them stick impat even with a goldenseal prio.  You will still need the occasional offensive hinder if bees para or bad clumsy rng get you behind.

Silvaeben is one of the most competent Sylvans I’ve seen and I can trade with him indoors curing like this.
  • edited December 2020
    Oh lightning resist also makes a huge difference.   Without trans galvanism and a ring you will have a bad time as you can die to passive damage + 2 aff shockwave.
  • I don't think anyone's saying it's overpowered/imbalanced, just that it's a strong class with frightening damage output if you let it go unchecked. Curing strategies aside, it's still a class that can wombo-combo you, with the bonus of having a hard-to-resist damage type, multiple ways to kill you, and room hinder on top of it.
  • I've never been a fan of AP being tied to the room. I don't think we need more mechanics that make leaving a room and refusing to come back in an optimal strategy.
  • Running to let AP decay isn't the optimal strategy, though. The class is balanced around it being there. Leaving the room is a nuclear option a la refusing to fight in rites - the class was designed around that mechanic being present. The whole reason it takes forever to decay is to make it so that it's not an attractive or realistic option.
  • edited December 2020
    Armali is 100% correct. 

The only tweak to AP that might make sense for 1v1 is some 3rd party notification when the Sylvan is at or near max AP as a warning so people don't have to guess or track it.

The afflictions are the real thing you need to watch and hinder/dip out for.  Hlt/sen/diz/epi/imp for shockwave and the usual suspects for a lock.
  • And since we're clearing up misinformation...  AP isn't really tied to the room.   You can disturb multiple rooms at once and keep your AP as you move between them, as long as you generate AP in each room before its individual timer is up (60s with artie).    The only thing that hard drops AP is using feedback on a a new target or again on your current target (hint hint people with a command ability)

You can also consume AP for overcharge in a non-disturbed room but cannot consume it for shockwave.   I forget which of the other AP consumers can be used.
  • The most powerful thing about Shockwave is that it's one fking line. I made a HUGE highlight for it so I stop fking attacking and die.
  • Lol, I did too. Bright red on yellow highlight.
  • Yellow on blue, cus lightning.
  • How does Tonguetie interacts with Concussion? 
    HLp-bD2x - ada-young.com (ada-young.com)

I gave tonguetie AND puppet concussion, a single restoration salve seems to cure BOTH at the same time. Is this intended? I'd expect it requires 2 restoration to head to cure both... So I am confused...
  • As far as I know it's intended, otherwise with salve stacking it would be almost impossible to dodge the tongue kill.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    As far as I know it's intended, otherwise with salve stacking it would be almost impossible to dodge the tongue kill.
    Yeah, I was understanding it from the heartseed point of view until the test proven otherwise. Thanks for confirming.
  • Correct me if I am wrong, DWB generic pulp path using L3 morningstars:
    0 break leg expend, 1.8 break leg break head, 3.9 assault head, 7.6 pulp.

With leap costing 0.6s to a 8.2s pulp, a single tumble over wall would have negated the entire pulp path, correct? Maybe L3 would still get it over RNG in apply latency, but for those using forged this is a goner. Correct me if it's wrong...

• How do you get leap at 0.6s?   I get it at about 0.85 (with nimble)

Item : leap_balance
      Expectation Time: 1
      Num observations: 23
      Min: 0.74 Max: 0.98 Mean: 0.85