Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• DWC is generally scims, yes. lv 2 are 800 per, lv 3 are 1600 per
  • Aegoth said:
    DWC is generally scims, yes. lv 2 are 800 per, lv 3 are 1600 per
    Aye, but are they necessary, or can you get by with forged?
  • You can get by with forged.

Artefact scimitars are going to significantly speed up your prep time, but they won't allow you to do much that forged scimitars can't do.

• Cooper said:
    You can get by with forged.

Artefact scimitars are going to significantly speed up your prep time, but they won't allow you to do much that forged scimitars can't do.
    Awesome. I'll probably babe two level 1s at least to start with.
  • Thinking of returning when the snow starts falling. Was Lagua fixed for SnB yet? Op disadvantage

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Is there a blademaster limbcounter that is accurate existing? The only one I got was Durn's that didn't have anything for past the fireband (level 1 band) so I'm mostly working off predict every 6 slashes or so and hoping I don't singlebreak when it says 'Heavily Damaged' 

@Atalkez  and @Zulah  are the people I was recommended to ask, but figured it'd be good to get it on forums so Blademaster isnt such a struggle for other newbies to dip their feet into if they're a retiree.
  • I use the version of Dorn's that Atalkez posted in the BM section a while back. If you look around in there for a post from him, I think in one of Ernam(sp?)'s threads, it's in there.

• Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Which is going to have more synergy with two-handed weaponmastery: paladin or runewarden?
  • Runewarden. Hands down
  • 2H Paladin would be good too - lots of extra damage with inspiration and demons, fixes the problem 2H has with holding people still with piety. I do agree though that Runie is better, because the set up for Paladin with piety/demons would be a pretty big hinderance.

• It's not near that bad to drop Rites.

I'd say Runewarden purely because 2h can't get Damnation very well. Possible, but quite a bit harder to do.

So if you're having to rely on damage/dsb then Paladin loses a lot of what makes it awesome, imo. 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Runy. Runy solid for everything IMO. 

• Dunn said:
    Runy. Runy solid for everything IMO. 
    I just couldn't adjust from the slow big hits of Druid to the small fast hits of dwc.

I think I've grown attached to runie. Glad to hear it's a good choice.
  • edited October 2016
    Jhui said:
    Who says runy? I thought the cool kids say runie
    Phone autocorrects to runy for some reason. Weird. Didn't even notice. 

I hate you tho, @Jhui

@Ankharetouf I have 6+ classes set up for use and runie is still my go to (with insignia so 4 in one class). 

• Dunn said:
    Runy. Runy solid for everything IMO. 
    I just couldn't adjust from the slow big hits of Druid to the small fast hits of dwc.

I think I've grown attached to runie. Glad to hear it's a good choice.
    Could go DWB and get fast big hits!
  • How is DWB vs 2h for bashing as Runie??

• Pretty good from what I remember. I like 2h for runie bashing too

• 2h was faster from my recent tests. By a recently wide margin too.
  • Any tips for 2h struggling against people who run through piety effects? I can get a torso dsb if I prep with a warhammer, but against someone static parrying leg and running through multiple hinder rooms, I can't really get what I need done.

Im resorting to thuri stack + othala + hugalaz into devastate at 4 francs and a dsb/engage proc. I don't think that'll hold up though.
  • ^This

and torso

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • For a more useful answer though, slow prep done well pretty much always beats momentum. You just need to get better at chasing and tightening up your offense so you burn them down faster.
  • A lot of the time it comes down to things like room hinder RNG too (like it or not). They generally can only run through piety if you let them or room hinder doesn't proc enough.

So it's a combination of making your kill as efficient as possible and room hinder proccing enough to supplement that. Plus the well-timed leg breaks to stop running at the last moment.

Conversely, if they're tumbling out of piety during your finisher setup, it's sometimes a matter of piety RNG allowing that chase and finish. Use queue add eqbal <direction> to maximize piety escape time.
  • edited October 2016
    That is the downfall of 2H. If your opponent gets to leave the room (and you havn't prepped the escape rooms) you have to start all over again. We have options between  the rune Isaz, Pally Piety and tendons. But in every one of my fights as soon as you stick about 3 tendons they tend to run to cure. With our slow balance time, you can't really follow immediately. You just hope those tendons are stacked enough for you to catch up with them!
  • Best Knight Spec for Bashing: DWC, DWB, 2H, S&B.
  • Man, you almost got me yesterday or the day before with that tendon crap. I thought for SURE you were gonna get me with how often the tendons kept failing. :(
  • Warhammer is great for that 4 limb break, which allows you to stack more fractures/tendons. But usually once you break them they run. So it's best just to use the Bastard Sword for that extra venom, in my opinion. Warhammer is great for group combat. But one on one Sword is better. Which reminds me why is Warhammer speed within a .01 of Sword? Doesn't make much sense to me. For example I battlefury focus speed and my Warhammer is usually 2.61 and my Sword is usually 2.6X. Precision is around 3.1X. So the Warhammer with reduced damage is useless unless you go for breaks.
  • Patroklos said:
    Man, you almost got me yesterday or the day before with that tendon crap. I thought for SURE you were gonna get me with how often the tendons kept failing. :(

I was talking to a fellow Runie about trying to get to 6 fractures for the level 3 break. Which is my usual strat. But they gave me another faster strat to try out!!! 6 fractures just guarantees two DSB's which is basically death. I don't always need 6 fractures if I stick that sensitivity.