What is the pettiest thing you've done in character?

Comments

• Sorry, I don't feel particularly bad at all that you can't trivially duplicate my 800cr artifact for no effective cost of your own. I wish they'd gone for more.
  • I'd just like to know if that helm can be worn with another helm. I know it's likely a long shot...
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Just pull a krypton.  Amass millions of gold from [REDACTED] then buy people's ability to gamble for gold and take 10 mementoes per person for like.. 10k or something (or 100k? idr).  It was literally the most hillarious, and bullshit move, I have seen and I approve of it 100%
  • Keorin said:
    This also had the effect of making it so fighters were basically able to set the price on most things during the auction, which was a problem when it came to something like the wings. I was pretty frustrated watching several artifacted combatants, all with wings themselves, drive the price up for anyone else who might have liked them.
    In fairness on this point, those wings were given, I believe, as a gift to somebody. And they're wings with a 30 day decay timer on them, while the Shop of Wonders heron feather with a one-use duanathar is what, 1 mayan crown?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I, the player, am underwhelmed by the items that can be purchased with mementoes, especially given the grindiness of the mob killing resolutions. Klendathu the character, however, has 5000 mhun, 5000 trolls, 5000 dwarves, etc to kill. He's made the resolutions, he has to finish them. Retirement seems tempting :dizzy:

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Sarathai said:
    Keorin said:
    This also had the effect of making it so fighters were basically able to set the price on most things during the auction, which was a problem when it came to something like the wings. I was pretty frustrated watching several artifacted combatants, all with wings themselves, drive the price up for anyone else who might have liked them.
    In fairness on this point, those wings were given, I believe, as a gift to somebody. And they're wings with a 30 day decay timer on them, while the Shop of Wonders heron feather with a one-use duanathar is what, 1 mayan crown?
    I was petty and paid @Aegoth credits to up the price on the wings. Mycen just kept bidding on them.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Honestly, I'm just disappointed that literally the only item I was interested in went for such an astronomical price. I realise resolutions can be claimed and redone through the year, but that's only on the 1st and there's just no way I can earn up 300 mementoes on my own - and that's not even the final price + trying to get a shadow dragon claw?

Not in a financial position to pay for them either, so oh well. Not really blaming anyone, just zzz.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Jurixe blame Krypton :)
    Huh. Neat.
  • I think the closest to petty I can think of ever doing, was hiring a mark on someone after they hired a mark on me for hiring a mark on them for them attacking me and running away and not facing up. I had better things to do.

I stopped bothering with hiring, because it wasn't getting me anywhere. Oh, I faced my mark like a man. The first time. The second time I waited that shit out, because it was an illegal contract(hey, this was back in the day of cause lawyering).

Outside of that... telling people to put some clothes on at Centre Crossing. But that's not really petty... but some people consider it petty. +shrug+
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Frederich said:
    Just pull a krypton.  Amass millions of gold from [REDACTED] then buy people's ability to gamble for gold and take 10 mementoes per person for like.. 10k or something (or 100k? idr).  It was literally the most hillarious, and bullshit move, I have seen and I approve of it 100%
    I'm glad you approve. I thought it was ingenious myself. Not sure how much it cost him in terms of time (or even gold) but he paid the folks 100,000 each. 

This is a game, or supposed to be, about myriad ways to shine, advance, and profit. Glad he found yet another one!

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• I don't think I have ever been petty to anybody, intentionally or negligently. If anybody here feels I have been petty to them, please seek me out and let's make it good.

I have had a couple folks be petty at me. But... that's people, and this is a game. Maybe that's what makes it fun for them. I know I am having a mega blast, and would never have been in this position to do so but for their original pettiness. 

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Asmodron said:
    It was an interesting little event to be sure.

@Xaden the idea that people proposed was based on the announcement of the auctioneer. It was stated whatever the price the item is bought at, will be the price of the item after the auction is over. Naturally, based on logical assessment, people were encouraging to buy the items for very low, so they would be very cheap afterwards. From an outsider perspective, it made perfect sense. Why spend so much when we can all get it later?

Naturally, logic and teamwork arent really strong concepts in Achaea. Some players wanted the items now rather than wait for later, some wanted to spend mementos, etc.

It all went quite nicely...though I admit the dagger Yearn went for way too cheap...

It wasnt till the end when Krypton bid 100 mementos on each of the 3 talisman pieces for the tapestry set (new item, TALISMAN INFO TAPESTRY) when things got a bit crazy. The claw piece can only be gained by killing the shadow dragon.

I'm not really sure how you can't see how members of the opposing team acquiring a particular advantage potentially negates your own team obtaining that same advantage. It's not an advantage if everyone has it, and no faction has any interest in the other factions obtaining it cheaply, even if theirs also does. Maybe it'd make sense for people who only bash to cooperate (everyone just gets better vs the denizens), though even then you're competing for bashing areas so maybe not!

By your logic, if we had the option of everyone obtaining +5 strength if the city leaders agreed on it, we'd be "illogical" for not agreeing. I'd love to hear your whining when Jhui then BBTs you for 90% of your health. Enemies getting stronger in exchange for allies also getting stronger is not necessarily logical at all. It depends on a lot of factors.
  • edited February 2017
    I think it's a logical move. The number of members in enemy factions will always be greater than the number of members in your faction, so limiting the number of people that can get them hurts the other factions more than your own. 

However.. I wouldn't rush him with your pitchforks just yet just because he was able to inflate their initial prices. Prices could change based on the demand for the item.  If most everyone believes them too expensive, they won't buy them. And developer time was spent to make these additions; they'll want to see us get good use them, too.  So prices may change to accommodate us. Or, more likely, resolution rewards will change to make them more accessible. (Hopefully)

• edited February 2017
    note the wings WERE a gift and were given to me. If you have a problem with it you should have bid higher I think the more assy classless move was not the wings but the mess Krypton pulled was far more petty. so before you go whining about how one person brought wings for 50 -gasp- mementos you should check the log she handed them to me as soon as she was given them. 

Edited to also say Mycen ASKED if they could be gifted before bidding. Do I have wings? No, not before these nor to mention they will decay. She knew I wanted them so she bid for a gift. I honestly hope you feel a little bit of shame for trying to call her petty when she was trying to be nice.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    One time I got more annoyed than usual at blankets in groves so I went and bought about 50 blankets and flame sigiled them all in someone's grove. The room desc was so long. I forget who it was but haha fuck you
    Y'know, I actually remember you doing that. I don't remember to whom. I think it was one of those people who treated their grove like their personal house and put a hundred thousand random things in it so it looked like a dumpsite already anyway.

• Naoma said:
    note the wings WERE a gift and were given to me. If you have a problem with it you should have bid higher I think the more assy classless move was not the wings but the mess Krypton pulled was far more petty. so before you go whining about how one person brought wings for 50 -gasp- mementos you should check the log she handed them to me as soon as she was given them. 

Edited to also say Mycen ASKED if they could be gifted before bidding. Do I have wings? No, not before these nor to mention they will decay. She knew I wanted them so she bid for a gift. I honestly hope you feel a little bit of shame for trying to call her petty when she was trying to be nice.

I don't see how it's any different to what Krypton did. If you think he was petty, then Mycen (and whoever else bid) was also petty. If you don't think Mycen was petty, you can't think he was petty. The fact that Mycen intended to give them away isn't relevant at all.

Also, "you should have bid higher" is a ridiculous response to a complaint that the price that was set was too high.

• Farrah said:
    Asmodron said:
    It was an interesting little event to be sure.

@Xaden the idea that people proposed was based on the announcement of the auctioneer. It was stated whatever the price the item is bought at, will be the price of the item after the auction is over. Naturally, based on logical assessment, people were encouraging to buy the items for very low, so they would be very cheap afterwards. From an outsider perspective, it made perfect sense. Why spend so much when we can all get it later?

Naturally, logic and teamwork arent really strong concepts in Achaea. Some players wanted the items now rather than wait for later, some wanted to spend mementos, etc.

It all went quite nicely...though I admit the dagger Yearn went for way too cheap...

It wasnt till the end when Krypton bid 100 mementos on each of the 3 talisman pieces for the tapestry set (new item, TALISMAN INFO TAPESTRY) when things got a bit crazy. The claw piece can only be gained by killing the shadow dragon.

I'm not really sure how you can't see how members of the opposing team acquiring a particular advantage potentially negates your own team obtaining that same advantage. It's not an advantage if everyone has it, and no faction has any interest in the other factions obtaining it cheaply, even if theirs also does. Maybe it'd make sense for people who only bash to cooperate (everyone just gets better vs the denizens), though even then you're competing for bashing areas so maybe not!

By your logic, if we had the option of everyone obtaining +5 strength if the city leaders agreed on it, we'd be "illogical" for not agreeing. I'd love to hear your whining when Jhui then BBTs you for 90% of your health. Enemies getting stronger in exchange for allies also getting stronger is not necessarily logical at all. It depends on a lot of factors.

It's not hard... the idea proposed (which again, was not by myself) was pretty straight-forward. "Keep it cheap so we can buy it cheap". It's a game....the idea of enjoyment seems to escape several in Achaea from over-commitment. When you start thinking on these lines of "Deny them all, including ourselves, rather than letting this new advantage be taken easily" is the basis of your actions...then something has clearly gone wrong here...

You definition can literally be stated as "It is better we all have nothing, rather than all of us getting something new". Very Nihilistic of you. :P

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I think arguing over prices at a limited time auction is pretty petty in and of itself. Just because a bunch of people allegedly got together beforehand and agreed to collectively sandbag the entire thing doesn't mean someone is being petty if they want to bid high, regardless of their motive. That's how auctions work, after all.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Kresslack that would be the case, if literally all of the items weren't available for ages afterwards, for everyone to buy.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Thing is, it wasnt a limited auction. The items arent unique which kinda baffles me why thy were so set on one-upping each other to get the wings.

Everyone will have access to the same items in a few days. I dont really have an opinion on the wings price but it seems neither of the bidders were willing to wait the 1-2 weeks for the item to be released to gift them to someone and instead drove up the price for everyone else who may want them. 

And if the want to buy the wings again as a gift for said person once the first decay... theyve kinda fucked themselves as well.
  • Antonius said:
    Naoma said:

I don't see how it's any different to what Krypton did. If you think he was petty, then Mycen (and whoever else bid) was also petty. If you don't think Mycen was petty, you can't think he was petty. The fact that Mycen intended to give them away isn't relevant at all.

Also, "you should have bid higher" is a ridiculous response to a complaint that the price that was set was too high.

I dont give a rats tail how much they were because i didn't want the other pieces/ things. You guys complaining over 50 mementoes for 30 day wings being over priced? Thats pretty asinine. For the record they could and should have gone higher, considering the feathers are 1 mc per for one use where as these are unlimited for 30 days. Needless to say that the whole point of that was to point out that Keorin's argument about Mycen buying wings while having some was moot. There are other things to bitch over considering she GIFTED them. If they don't like the price oh well. It is what it is. I find it funny because in any other circumstance people would do the exact same thing. 
  • Honestly who cares...  it's not hard to get them..  put a little time and effort into it..I'm just glad Naoma likes them..  not really anything else matters

• whew, Eleusian salt. I'm glad I got 40cr out of this
  • edited February 2017
    Aegoth said:
    whew, Eleusian salt. I'm glad I got 40cr out of this

Better hold up your end on that Krypton deal :*
  • Asmodron said:
    Aegoth said:
    whew, Eleusian salt. I'm glad I got 40cr out of this

Better hold up your end on that Krypton deal :*
    I haven't seen you killing him. He also needs to get sub lv21
  • Naoma said:
    I dont give a rats tail how much they were because i didn't want the other pieces/ things. You guys complaining over 50 mementoes for 30 day wings being over priced? Thats pretty asinine. For the record they could and should have gone higher, considering the feathers are 1 mc per for one use where as these are unlimited for 30 days. Needless to say that the whole point of that was to point out that Keorin's argument about Mycen buying wings while having some was moot.
    I don't see how it's moot at all. Mycen was able to go that high because she's an artifacted combatant, who was bidding against another artifacted combatant, who had been bribed by someone else with a heavy artifact list. All of whom had the artifact in question. I'm sure if Aegoth had gotten the wings, he'd have handed them off to some Mhaldorian fighter who didn't have them. While I'm glad to know that she didn't do it -just- to raise the price, the fact that the only people participating were people who were artifacted enough to get the kills the resolution favoured and who didn't personally have any use for the item is still pretty absurd. And making them harder to access for everyone going forward because you couldn't wait a bit is still rather petty.

As for this:
    Mycen said:
    Honestly who cares...  it's not hard to get them..  put a little time and effort into it..I'm just glad Naoma likes them..  not really anything else matters

Should I go out and kill 500 sea monsters for them, or hunt 25000 undead, all for something that decays in a month anyways? You're an artifacted serpent, you have an easier time getting these things then nearly the entire rest of the population of the game.
  • I mean.  Mycen isn't really that artifacted of a combatant.

She denies duels and doesn't afraid of anything.

She just dusted shrines/got lucky with kills methinks.  Or, she just pulled a Krypton and bribed folks to gamble for her to get numerous tons of sweet mementoes.
  • Guys petty shit. Get the mementos fight outta here