What is the pettiest thing you've done in character?

edited January 2017 in The Scarlattan Theatre

I know there are a few petty characters out there. Share your stories!

Comments

• Killed corpse hand-in denizens because somebody kept stealing my corpses to try and make extra money off said denizens.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited January 2017
    * Charged someone 50% more than my usual custom design fee because they changed their mind twice.

* Bought a frenemy at an auction for a ridiculous sum of money just to have him do the thing he hated the most. Bashing.

* After being royally screwed over by designing rooms for some organization, I told them they could do it themselves. For the next RL month, I mailed unsigned critiques because the pompous ass could not spell.

* Truly petty? Sending small grouped minerals through the mail using a dozen letters.

• edited January 2017
    That was beautiful, Trey. Some real petty shit right there. +5 to Slytherin

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    This was like... 8 or 9 years ago?

Got a housemate to steal someone's grove spot because he put a letter there saying 'please don't take this spot, I am keeping it for when I become a Sylvan'. And then made sure his House application wasn't successful. >_>

To be fair, he wasn't quite toxic level player, but by experience he wasn't pleasant to share an organisation with either. Also I didn't want him preying on my newbies and then saying he was 'just having a mudsex experimentation period' like when he took an alt of mine into an inn and repeatedly propositioned her despite being told 'I'm not interested in that, let's just talk'.

• Started in Cyrene. 

• edited January 2017
    Uncitizen and recitizen someone so their cityrank went down to CR1, rather than just CDFing which would only have cost them a fraction of a rank. Definitely regret doing that one. Probably the worst thing I did that I can remember - at least in terms of intentional pettiness, rather than a result of ineptitude or misguidedness.

Oh also when I was Dev Min I walled off someone's house so they couldn't access it for a little while, after someone used the location for a raid because the owner hadn't properly secured it. Inaccessible = 100% secure! They may have deserved it, but it was a huge overreaction. I can only imagine what the response would have been if that one got issued - probably a producer facepalming themselves, then facepalming me, then stripping that ability from Dev Min powers.
  • Someone got irate over crafting guild rejections and put a bunch of anti-lupus propaganda as the clanhelp file for a social clan and was advertising it. I talked to a couple of crafter friends and got banned perms in dozens of shops for members of that clan, and when the members realised they had few places to shop they would investigate the reason and started dropping out of the clan.
  • Aodfionn said:
    City promoted a bunch of people
    You monster!

• Aodfionn said:
    City promoted a bunch of people
    Being able to city promote somebody for good work is one of my favourite parts of being CL.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited January 2017
    Jinsun said:

Had my character rp a relationship with someone just to get copies of their city's books for our house library.

I knew it! >:/ just after those books!

• edited January 2017
    Created a thief that stole curatives because I couldn't find anywhere to harvest that wasn't down to 10/room. Not that I gained anything by it (As you can't transfer it between characters),  I just resented those people profiting from harvesting. 

Also spammed INFERNO in wilderness when my application to join Sentinels was denied.

• Shayde said:
    Jinsun said:

Had my character rp a relationship with someone just to get copies of their city's books for our house library.

I knew it! >:/ just after those books!
    Oh that was back when Jin was like 50. You good :D
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Vesios said:
    I still think Inferno is the greatest of all forestal temper tantrums, if only due to the sheer irony.
    It doesn't light rooms on fire anymore.
  • Killed New Theran guards after I switched from Serpent so others couldn't pickpocket them, before their pockets were lightened by greater powers.

• edited January 2017
    Killed corpse turn-in mobs after I turned in corpses when I realized I wasn't the only one hunting there. 

Took up thievery to discourage people from certain hunting grounds. 

Mind-locking people in Minia from the Crystal Leaf Inn to secretly mastermind role play experiences.. may have also caused newbie feuds.

Holocaust bombed forestal forces from the skies in conflicts I wasn't allowed to be a part of.

Bought out all (cheap) tarot decks in all cities for a few days when I found out my forestal friend had left us to go occie.

Joined Mhaldor to be Infernal.

Left Mhaldor because I was scolded for "kill-stealing" in a raid.

Stole karma from the Occie House because of Amunet.

Donated innocents to the "Good" gods to get unenemied.

Made dragon by killing the Aalen village after it was forbidden by Eleusis.

Mooning the leader of Targossas when he said my Satyr needed to wear pants.

Made a script to pay people in single gold coins while my character counted the coins aloud.

Anything to do with Miagorme. 

Waited until the end of a rampage to fight the final opponent, who had inevitably ran out of Willpower.

Lots more. And the list will probably get lots longer.

• I had a first mate turn aggro on me once and join mariners but left me captain perms on her ship. Stole everything including the figurehead. Then sank her when she sailed to consecrate a new one. I was pretty mad you might say 
  • Been brutally honest with a few people. I can't think of much else.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I can think of many instances that would be called "mean", but I can't really recall any that have been very petty that wasn't very minor nonsense.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Create Elowin.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Wasted 2+ hours of someone's time waiting in a lockable room with them 3 rooms away waiting because they wanted to kill me and they were a cheeky supernoob.

Doesnt seem so bad until I say I dropped a mono and left the door open the whole time so I could lock it behind them and boost doom. Good times.
    Huh. Neat.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    edited January 2017
    I almost forgot, but Aodfionn waited over 100 years for a decent chance to fuck with Grandue after he was a dick to noobfionn.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Aodfionn said:
    I almost forgot, but Aodfionn waited over 100 years for a decent chance to fuck with Grandue after he was a dick to noobfionn.
    You weren't missing much. Guy who
    obsessed with wildly unpopular and convoluted schemes and openly rage she on anyone who disagreed with him at all. No clue why anyone thought he'd be good to
    make a new Ashtan. All hail our new emperor who doesn't try to oust me when I say "nah."