What is the pettiest thing you've done in character?

Comments

• I kept working and forced the haters to see my face outlive their careers.

• I think probably the pettiest thing I've ever done from my PoV was taking someone's enemy status gold and stuck it in my pocket. Not in Achaea, but elsewhere. Also had to force some people out of my guild there, but from my end it was rather necessary haha.

I don't think I've done anything terribly petty in Achaea. At least, not yet!

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Oh I almost forgot that there's no written record of the person who was Shieldlord before me save for one plaque that lists them as one of the founders. Was not happy with the half-assed and self-serving mess they left in their wake and when they admitted they were only staying in the house so they could leave their name on things I made sure it wasnt. (They went so far as to make the house item their personal weapon that they used in combat, ignored everyone else's input on the estate and made the initial lore almost entirely on their own in secret which was literally the plot of poultetgeist etc)

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Kenway said:
    Oh I almost forgot that there's no written record of the person who was Shieldlord before me save for one plaque that lists them as one of the founders. Was not happy with the half-assed and self-serving mess they left in their wake and when they admitted they were only staying in the house so they could leave their name on things I made sure it wasnt. (They went so far as to make the house item their personal weapon that they used in combat, ignored everyone else's input on the estate and made the initial lore almost entirely on their own in secret which was literally the plot of poultetgeist etc)
    This is a Cyrenian house... you're shocked? Surprised, even? My friend, it's par for the course in Cyrene to be petty and spiteful and selfish. That's why no one likes it, except for the petty, spiteful, selfish people
  • Kenway said:
    The Romans would super approve of this.
  • Um... well... Out of anger at my character being cheated on I had her I out an entire family's incestuous shenanigans in Cyrene causing multiple members and a couple aquaintances to quit playing achaea completely. Out of sheer embarrassment. Ending in my character being tossed out of Cyrene for drama.

Oh and I told someone they had a tiny pickle once.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited February 2017
    Siduri said:
    Milani said:
    Um... well... Out of anger at my character being cheated on I had her I out an entire family's incestuous shenanigans in Cyrene causing multiple members and a couple aquaintances to quit playing achaea completely. Out of sheer embarrassment. Ending in my character being tossed out of Cyrene for drama.

Wait wait, how's that an embarrassment in Cyrene Achaea as a whole? Pretty sure every single family is riddled with it.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Led a group of 20-ish Eleusian dragons and wiped 45+ of Mhaldor's guards and blew 2-3 tanks as revenge for them pulling a similar stunt a year prior.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Shirszae said:
    Siduri said:
    Milani said:
    Um... well... Out of anger at my character being cheated on I had her I out an entire family's incestuous shenanigans in Cyrene causing multiple members and a couple aquaintances to quit playing achaea completely. Out of sheer embarrassment. Ending in my character being tossed out of Cyrene for drama.

Wait wait, how's that an embarrassment in Cyrene Achaea as a whole? Pretty sure every single family is riddled with it.

After doing research, 100% certain old members of the Erisian/occult line of my character's family had incestual relations.

• @Krypton, we expect to see your post in short order.

• Krypton pushed up the prices on some stuff or something? I was crusading and only arrived back to Aegoth being stabbed by Farrah... Fill me in?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Everybody was colluding to bid crazy cheap on everything so nothing would cost much after the auction was over, and then Krypton went up to 100 mementos each on the talisman pieces for the tapestry.

It was awesome and I support it. 
  • I have no idea what that is. But if Aegoth wanted it I wholeheartedly support this action.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Heh, wasn't really petty. I was seeing mementoes get pretty devalued for the amount of work you have (I had) to put in to acquire them, with all these rather low-value items going for piddling amounts -- so I decided it was time to inject some desirability back into them, even if only to satiate curiosity about what the new talisman does.

And I didn't even use up all my mementoes. Not even close.
  • Krypton said:
    Heh, wasn't really petty. I was seeing mementoes get pretty devalued for the amount of work you have (I had) to put in to acquire them, with all these rather low-value items going for piddling amounts -- so I decided it was time to inject some desirability back into them, even if only to satiate curiosity about what the new talisman does.

And I didn't even use up all my mementoes. Not even close.
    How on earth does making the value of each memento go further devalue them? If you're talking about exclusivity of what they can buy, sure, but by keeping the bids low people were lowering the value of the merchandise itself, not the currency.

• edited February 2017
    It was an interesting little event to be sure.

@Xaden the idea that people proposed was based on the announcement of the auctioneer. It was stated whatever the price the item is bought at, will be the price of the item after the auction is over. Naturally, based on logical assessment, people were encouraging to buy the items for very low, so they would be very cheap afterwards. From an outsider perspective, it made perfect sense. Why spend so much when we can all get it later?

Naturally, logic and teamwork arent really strong concepts in Achaea. Some players wanted the items now rather than wait for later, some wanted to spend mementos, etc.

It all went quite nicely...though I admit the dagger Yearn went for way too cheap...

It wasnt till the end when Krypton bid 100 mementos on each of the 3 talisman pieces for the tapestry set (new item, TALISMAN INFO TAPESTRY) when things got a bit crazy. The claw piece can only be gained by killing the shadow dragon.

• Asmodron said:

Naturally, logic and teamwork arent really strong concepts in Achaea. Some players wanted the items now rather than wait for later, some wanted to spend mementos, etc.

I wanted to drive the price up for other people because I don't want all of you get everything because most of you people aren't on my team and I'd gladly pay a higher price to spite the lot of you. You're just lucky I didn't farm up a shitload of mementos.
  • Nazihk said:
    Asmodron said:

I wanted to drive the price up for other people because I don't want all of you get everything because most of you people aren't on my team and I'd gladly pay a higher price to spite the lot of you. You're just lucky I didn't farm up a shitload of mementos.

....Like I said during the auction, when you made a comment similar to this: You realize these items arent limited to just us...but the entire playerbase?

That means your 'team' too.

Frankly I dont care much either way, the items didnt mean much to me, but you should at least try and understand why that statement you keep saying is flawed..
  • edited February 2017
    Wait. It was a small one off event for the auctions? I was led to believe by the announce it was going to be a weekend long thing. That blows. 
    Edit: Seriously. How does this not indicate a auction being held over the weekend? Not 'in' the weekend.

The Memento auctions will be held over this coming weekend, watchout Friday night for all the 

details. All items auctioned will later go on sale, so you'll be able to accrue and spend your 

mementos all year long.

• No issue really, the items will be made available soon for the same price they were sold.
  • Asmodron said:

....Like I said during the auction, when you made a comment similar to this: You realize these items arent limited to just us...but the entire playerbase?

That means your 'team' too.

Frankly I dont care much either way, the items didnt mean much to me, but you should at least try and understand why that statement you keep saying is flawed..
    No, it's not flawed at all. 

The thing you don't understand is that I value your tears more than I value my team's ability to buy cheap crap. 
  • What I saw during the time I was there was far too full of bling and lacked any of the features that would actually make them worthwhile for the effort put into gaining mementos (customisation, re-setting). I'm hoping the full list of items for sale from the auction at a later date holds some surprises; otherwise, I think my IC resolution list is about to fall by the wayside!
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Heaven forbid the people trying to finish bashing resolutions actually be able to buy the talismans.
    Huh. Neat.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Looking at the list, most of the stuff is way too impermanent to be worth so many mementoes tbh. :/

• I admit it was a nice concept of the admin to try and introduce auction items not based on "spend all your moneyz" but rather upon deeds. Sadly, I think this also forced them to dilute the items.

I suppose would be cool if you could tradein a memento for 1 cr later...if Maka thinks it wont be too much.
  • edited February 2017
    Asmodron said:
    I admit it was a nice concept of the admin to try and introduce auction items not based on "spend all your moneyz" but rather upon deeds. Sadly, I think this also forced them to dilute the items.

I suppose would be cool if you could tradein a memento for 1 cr later...if Maka thinks it wont be too much.
    I thought it would have been cool to have the auctioned items be permanent in some sense and those of us who didn't win one would have the opportunity to buy a decaying one for much less whenever. Would have made for a lot more bidding.

Edit: And maybe once a month one of the items will be put up again at auction to be made permanent?