Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Achaean Raves

1596597598600602

Comments

  • CooperCooper IowaMember Posts: 5,121 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited July 4
    I'm just glad Eleusis got their asses absolutely handed to them, but think they won again. Gotta keep that trend alive!

    Sobriquet
  • SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 2,333 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Shows how both sides view the same event. They had people actively leaving the army and city due to this, at the same time we were actively discouraging raids (especially after a 2 tank 40 guard wipe) as we felt it was too much. 

    But apparently that means it's a draw.

    Although, I did say on OOC clan when Krizal showed me the conversation with Andraste that i didn't think the definition of the war ending was clarified.

    Don't want to be too negative about things as Eleusis were great to fight through all this, and IC feel free to stoke the propaganda train, but at least acknowledge here that Hashan clearly won.
    image
  • CooperCooper IowaMember Posts: 5,121 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I used to think it was just some sort of joke that Eleusis was playing as a city.

    "Haha everyone no matter how badly we get crushed we're just going to claim we won, it will be hilarious and fun"

    Nope, they legit think IC and OOC that they've won all these wars. Blows my mind.

    Sobriquet
  • SophiSophi Member Posts: 41 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Eleusis would have won if the Coalition was still a thing. 
    Adrik
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Member Posts: 329 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    i love a good e-peen measuring contest. 
  • CooperCooper IowaMember Posts: 5,121 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I think I defended Eleusis more than Eleusis did, with the exception of @Yezrit, who defended like an absolute champ.

    RyxAdrikAlethYezrit
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 1,803 @ - Epic Achaean
    Cooper said:
    I used to think it was just some sort of joke that Eleusis was playing as a city.

    "Haha everyone no matter how badly we get crushed we're just going to claim we won, it will be hilarious and fun"

    Nope, they legit think IC and OOC that they've won all these wars. Blows my mind.
    I haven't talked to anyone who thinks that.  We held our own pretty well until the last 2 days, I think it was, when we got tanked and guarded over and over. Pretty sure that broke some people.

    Ryx
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 1,681 @ - Epic Achaean
    Caelan said:
    Cooper said:
    I used to think it was just some sort of joke that Eleusis was playing as a city.

    "Haha everyone no matter how badly we get crushed we're just going to claim we won, it will be hilarious and fun"

    Nope, they legit think IC and OOC that they've won all these wars. Blows my mind.
    I haven't talked to anyone who thinks that.  We held our own pretty well until the last 2 days, I think it was, when we got tanked and guarded over and over. Pretty sure that broke some people.
    There were plenty who legitimately acted as though they won against Babel and Mhaldor, despite getting completely slaughtered left, right and centre. There's definitely people there atm who think they won this one, as well. Not quite as much as the last two, but they're there.

    Adrik
  • RyxRyx Member Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I basically agree with everyone saying we need a clear way to define winning and losing here, because I think arguing OOC about who won and lost is... dumb. We can agree Eleusis in general didn't perform as well, probably due to numbers and time zones, but the concept of winning and losing are terms that usually come about by having conditions in the first place. For as long as everyone defines winning and losing differently, the winner will keep changing, and while that's fine IC, OOC it's a waste of breath.

    In my personal opinion, the fact the war ended with no conditions at the end means it was formally a draw, even if throughout we had less kills/more deaths.
  • SynbiosSynbios Member Posts: 4,585 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Vinzent says, "What does a humgii wear on Logosmas? Why, nothing of course."
    The joke is so bad, you can't help but slap you.

    MishgulVinzentRyx
  • RangorRangor Member Posts: 3,235 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Anything accomplished during us timezone doesn't count. 😘
    image
    CaelanKrizalYsela
  • AdrikAdrik Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    So this leaves....

    Cyrene vs Eleusis war OR
    Targossas vs Eleusis war for next.

    Eleusis vs Eleusis already happened, Mhaldor vs Eleusis already happened, Ashtan (tm) vs Eleusis already happened, and now Hashan vs Eleusis happened.

    Who will win in the Eleusis vs Cyrene fights?!
    Ryx
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 1,803 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited July 4
    Adrik said:
    So this leaves...

    Eleusis already won in the Eleusis vs Cyrene fights?!
    And to respond to Cooper and Pyori..

    Yeah for some reason we keep jumping into shit with no clear objective...  we do alright for a bit but then people get bored znd stop participating, usually followed by the other side gaining momentum until they start going bonkers and we have to back out and it creates a 'lose' situation. 

    Pretty self defeating really.

    Ryx
  • AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 2,945 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Cooper said:
    I think I defended Eleusis more than Eleusis did, with the exception of @Yezrit, who defended like an absolute champ.

    Yezrit was terrifying. I began to view them in the scope of that legendary fighter of your enemy's forces that appears and inspires a victory. Very Achilles. Couldnt get at that heel.
    RyxYezrit
  • SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 2,333 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Caelan said:
    Adrik said:
    So this leaves...

    Eleusis already won in the Eleusis vs Cyrene fights?!
    And to respond to Cooper and Pyori..

    Yeah for some reason we keep jumping into shit with no clear objective...  we do alright for a bit but then people get bored znd stop participating, usually followed by the other side gaining momentum until they start going bonkers and we have to back out and it creates a 'lose' situation. 

    Pretty self defeating really.
    To be fair, I think it all started because Zenii didn't quite get the implications of setting relations to Hostile, or if he did, didn't think it through. 
    image
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaMember Posts: 5,050 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sobriquet said:
    Caelan said:
    Adrik said:
    So this leaves...

    Eleusis already won in the Eleusis vs Cyrene fights?!
    And to respond to Cooper and Pyori..

    Yeah for some reason we keep jumping into shit with no clear objective...  we do alright for a bit but then people get bored znd stop participating, usually followed by the other side gaining momentum until they start going bonkers and we have to back out and it creates a 'lose' situation. 

    Pretty self defeating really.
    To be fair, I think it all started because Zenii didn't quite get the implications of setting relations to Hostile, or if he did, didn't think it through. 
    Thing is, that is exactly how Ravien started it with Mhaldor back when I was Eleusian.

    I'm noticing a concerning pattern here...
               My wing tips waltz across naive
                     Wood floors they creak
                  Innocently down the stairs

                          Drag melody
    My percussive feet serve cobweb headaches as a
              Matching set of marching clocks
                The slumbering apparitions
              That they've come to wake up
    Caelan
  • RyxRyx Member Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Really excited for the book @Cailin is putting together about the fair! Hopefully I'll be able to help make records for the events she can't attend.
    Cailin
  • VhaithVhaith Member Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Sobriquet said:
    Caelan said:
    Adrik said:
    So this leaves...

    Eleusis already won in the Eleusis vs Cyrene fights?!
    And to respond to Cooper and Pyori..

    Yeah for some reason we keep jumping into shit with no clear objective...  we do alright for a bit but then people get bored znd stop participating, usually followed by the other side gaining momentum until they start going bonkers and we have to back out and it creates a 'lose' situation. 

    Pretty self defeating really.
    To be fair, I think it all started because Zenii didn't quite get the implications of setting relations to Hostile, or if he did, didn't think it through. 
    Zenii is a girl.
  • AstarodAstarod Member Posts: 401 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited July 5
    Adrik said:
    So this leaves....

    Cyrene vs Eleusis war OR
    Targossas vs Eleusis war for next.

    Eleusis vs Eleusis already happened, Mhaldor vs Eleusis already happened, Ashtan (tm) vs Eleusis already happened, and now Hashan vs Eleusis happened.

    Who will win in the Eleusis vs Cyrene fights?!
    Hmm, well a little bird said Hashan may actually try to declare war on Ashtan! Oh Yez!

    For real though, lessgo. Let’s see some progress/Progress! After all the propaganda and the coalition stuff ending, perfect time to stand by your IC Posts!
     The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."
    Ryx
  • DorielDoriel Member Posts: 70 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Asmodron said:
    Damn. This little bird is really overworking.
    Someone needs to teach this little bird the age-old lesson of "Talk shit get hit".
  • TorrentTorrent Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Adrik said:
    So this leaves....

    Cyrene vs Eleusis war OR
    Targossas vs Eleusis war for next.

    Eleusis vs Eleusis already happened, Mhaldor vs Eleusis already happened, Ashtan (tm) vs Eleusis already happened, and now Hashan vs Eleusis happened.

    Who will win in the Eleusis vs Cyrene fights?!
    To be fair, I don't think the war between Mhaldor and Eleusis was a declared war though I could be wrong that was a while ago. Also Eleusis doesn't think they win every war, the Eleusian v. Babel Order war, (which by the way never ever, ever, ever do) all that was shown were the kills but Eleusis dusted every shrine that Babel had on the continent but Dunn wrecked in kills so it was considered a loss and it was hard to separate Order/City. The Hashan war, it was pretty even stats-wise, Eleusis couldn't raid cause of time zone issues as most of the people who do raid were never in the same timezone all at once. Though will admit that Hashan pulled it off especially at the end, As wars go it's always standard that neither side really admits defeat but it is assumed it is defeated. Eleusis knows that we didn't win that war but its kinda hard to save face.
    Caelan
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South AfricaMember Posts: 316 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Krizal said:
    Winning condition being "keep hitting them till they all stop playing or quit army" isn't particularly fun for either side.
    Thing is, that is exactly what war is IRL. One side has to literally beat the other into being either unwilling or unable to continue the fight.

    Also, there is no war either IG or RL that has a win-condition. The only winners in any war, both IG and RL, are those who supply the tools for waging war.

    Those engaging in war, those who do the fighting ... they all lose ... every last one of them.
    Zbaco
  • NumiraNumira Member Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited July 5
    Athelas said:

    Those engaging in war, those who do the fighting ... they all lose ... every last one of them


    nvm, tried to embed a gif from the movie War Games, it didn’t work. 
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 1,803 @ - Epic Achaean
    Half agree. Half call bullshit.

    Zbaco
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South AfricaMember Posts: 316 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Synbios said:
    ... this is an incredibly unfun scenario when taken into the context of Achaea as a game (gotta balance the need for immersion and the need to grow and retain a satisfied playerbase), and would probably be one of those things that would require suspension of disbelief in the way of setting explicit win-lose conditions. 
    If war becomes fun ... is it still war, or just elaborate sport?
Sign In to Comment.