Achaean Raves

Comments

• CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    Like 11 or 12 raids in the last of the month! Are you freakin serious! Heheh. But I think Hashan is doing pretty good though.
    Chapel said:

@Caoimhaen I think I'm just going to stop getting my ass handed to me by @Jovolo and @Hasar and just go hunting when they decide to raid Hashan, maybe I'll make it to level 75 for the 9th time this year :D 

good job though Mhaldor, my ego is shrinking more and more by the day
    Heheheh! I can't even go out to hunt. Everytime I leave, we get raided again. I lost level 77. Yet again..and @chapel well stop getting your ass handed to you! And hey now. Don't go hunting when your city is being attacked!

• TuroiTuroi Missouri :(
    Welcome to Achaea, Hashan. We've been waiting for you.

"Slowly disappear. Never really here."

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited July 2013
    Events #440

I kind of like that they're putting up events posts for smaller, less game-changing events. It makes the world feel somehow homier -- and less difficult to see acknowledgement for hard work. I also like hearing about little events that I probably wouldn't have heard about otherwise, like that Cyrenian knighting ceremony, which was a little strange from my limited view, but kind of neat at the same time.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • EiredhelEiredhel California
    The developing younger generation in Hashan, they all seem so great and enthusiastic. Can't wait to see what they will be bringing to the table. 

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

Jonathin said:

They better damn well be bringing bacon and eggs.

I am sure they will bring more than bacon and eggs! Waffles, blue berry muffins, pancakes, And sausage! Cuz they are freakin awesome!

• ANNOUNCE NEWS #3920
    Date: 07/26/2013 at 18:16
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Elementalism tweak

Just a small note to let you know that we've adjusted the skill order in Elementalism, bringing 
    FIRELASH down in the skill. We've also made some tweaks to STONEFIST to reflect its new position.

Penned by My hand on the 7th of Ero, in the year 631 AF.
    (p) |4513hp(102%)|3610mp(93%)|(100%)e|(100%)w,ex|db-56.9%xp [none|stance:none|shin:] -help elementalism
    9.31 Elementalism

Elementalism is a relatively straightforward skill. By opening channels to
    four of the five Elemental realms (Magi do not use the Spirit realm), you will
    be able to cast a wide variety of elementally-based offensive and defensive
    spells. The effects of these spells might range from summoning an efreeti to
    calling down the might of Vastar, the Skylord, in the Stormhammer, to bringing
    forth fog or hail.

These are the abilities available in this skill
    -----------------------------------------------
    Channel             Open conduits to the Elemental Realms.
    Light               Light up your surroundings.
    Gust                Blow someone in a direction with a gust of wind.
    Reflection          Create a distracting illusion of yourself.
    Firelash            Attack with elemental fire.
    Waterweird          Summon a water elemental to help you walk on water.
    Stonefist           Coat your fists with rock and punch with more power.
    Stoneskin           Create a protective but supple layer of stone around you.
    [Type MORE if you wish to continue reading. (30% shown)]

• Stonefist is weaker than Firelash though, so making the stronger skill easier to get is just...odd.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Wysteria said:
    Stonefist is weaker than Firelash though, so making the stronger skill easier to get is just...odd.

Not that I'm complaining, anyway. For the sake of the magi novices, I mean.

• edited July 2013

ANNOUNCE NEWS #3920
    Date: 07/26/2013 at 18:16
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Elementalism tweak

Just a small note to let you know that we've adjusted the skill order in Elementalism, bringing 
    FIRELASH down in the skill. We've also made some tweaks to STONEFIST to reflect its new position.

Penned by My hand on the 7th of Ero, in the year 631 AF.
    might not be weaker anymore

• Tekura got nothing on the new stonefist, I'm sure.
  • Wysteria said:
    Stonefist is weaker than Firelash though, so making the stronger skill easier to get is just...odd.
    Punching doesn't require mana regen.
  • Wysteria said:
    Punching doesn't require mana regen.
    Which is still why I figured the more "advanced" skill would come with a bigger price in terms of use. For example, STORMHAMMER for Sylvans is the strongest bashing magic attack available (Holocaust withstanding) but it's at the cost of 6secs eq and a solid +25% of the mana. So until the novice is able to learn to regenerate or the mana usage, Firelash should at least be popped in one or two steps after Stonefist. Then again can't beat Viridian Thornrend for what it offers in comparison, but still…Guess will have to see how it pans out.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Daeir said:
    Old stonefist used to scale insanely well with strength. I remember hearing that a strength build troll magi was capable of stonefist punching for more damage than a staffcast. Is that the case now?
    Punch (and kick) used to be one of the very few attacks that dealt percentage-of-max-health damage to NPCs, meaning in certain situations it was more effective than regular attacks. I don't know if that's still the case, nor how punch/kick scale with strength, or how crits factor in.
  • edited July 2013
    Yaaaaah not sure where you heard that from. Kick and punch do percent maxhealth damage. Is why people kick falcons sometimes to get them to F off.

I feel bad for eleusis getting slammed by Mhaldor. Eesh...so much dying.

• It'll last until they all go dragon and get veils.
    *Animated Signature*

• ZiiZii
    edited July 2013
    http://pastebin.com/EpdiJvef
    With astonishing quickness, a diminutive homunculus resembling Zii moves to block Vicious's egress.
    *Animated Signature*

• edited July 2013
    Props to @Eld for always being willing to fight 1v1, I feel bad for ganking him now. :(

Edit: And you refused to die in our last fight, I used at least 20 discs on you, and two sets of vibes.

• Let's switch classes Hasar
  • It's also good to see them popping in unexpectedly on small occasions like citizenship oaths. Active divine are inspiring.

• TuroiTuroi Missouri :(
    @orzaansyn

that was a nice break from all the violence I've put Turoi through recently :)

"Slowly disappear. Never really here."

@roroan thanks for not jumping in when I was fighting @Proficy. Go honourable evil! I had fun fighting you @Proficy. Even if you did have to go dragon to beat me. Which was hilarious.:P

• He's an unartied serpent fighting a blademaster :/ Haha
    @jovolo I only have a level 1 band. What is your point.:P and I'm only a level 76

• Ummm
  • Fun little interaction with @Pandora and @Kayeil, with a brief cameo from @Skarash.