Achaean Raves

Comments

• Cinya said:
    Rave: Cool people convincing me that abandoning Cinya and starting a new character is a terrible idea. 
    Screw them. I miss one of your alts even though the time was brief.
  • Beloved Trilliana Inamora, Mineral Maven has just replaced Arcane Hunter, Finchy Ithilien as Senator of Cyrene.

Totally did not expect that. I had to laugh at @Finchy's 8 votes, though. He's awesomesauce. Now I'm really excited to be playing again. *cackles* 
    meh

• Reading old news. The level of IC/OOC blur was just embarrassing back a few IC centuries ago, but every so often there's a little gem that makes me so happy that I've committed to reading ~1700 house related posts in my spare time.

Maybe one day I'll summon the courage to go through Ashtan's news, but I doubt I'll ever be brave enough to wade through the mire of insults that seems to make up most of the public board.
  • Ashtan's old news is pretty bad. Worth reading if you want to cringe though.
  • edited September 2012
    Trilliana said:
    Totally did not expect that. I had to laugh at @Finchy's 8 votes, though.
    I dunno. I always am a bit annoyed when groups of people vote for someone who stepped down voluntarily, because it usually implies they couldn't be bothered to read the news but felt they had to vote regardless. It's like those people who vote in RL elections without informing themselves about the candidates at all. I prefer people who don't vote to people who vote entirely uninformedly (which incidentally also causes me to get a bit annoyed at people who tell others that it's their "duty to vote", because it tends to lead to exactly this).
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    I always assumed voting for the dormant/stepping down incumbent instead of the running candidates was a more slap-in-the-face vote of abstention, not a matter of ignorance.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • edited September 2012
    @Aerek and @Iocun: I've done this a few times before, and that was always my intent, at least. If I don't bother to read candidates' posts, I usually just don't bother to vote either.
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.
  • Reading Cyrene election posts is far to painful for me to manage.  I just pick a number at random when I vote.

Mhaldor's system so much better.
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    Rave for Orklanishkal and Tanris. They keep us thinking, challenged and level. Can't give enough thanks for having people like them to play alongside.
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • I'm leaps and bounds away from being a master, but I'm figuring out mudlet/lua and some huge raves to the people that are being helpful.
  • Luhar said:
    Reading old news.

Heh. I remember Quazzi once made me go through the house posts for a personal task, and I stumbled upon one post that referenced Announce 1042.

Jaw-dropping, to say the least.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    How  long until Herenicus picture griefs the forums away from him? Taking bets.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Herenicus said:
    Started playing again, off-and-on, and I'm really enjoying it.  

Edit: It's also nice to have forum access again!  
    Welcome back, Herenicus.

• Whoever sent me an unmarked letter with a cool gift, thanks!
    I'm slightly suspicious, but it made me smile.
  • @Herenicus Welcome back!

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Repeating a bit of @Rinzai's rave. Awesome use of divine controlling denizens, even if it's for a laugh. Really awesome- helped cheer me up a lot too! :D
    meh

• My new rave was the awesome way that Lady Selene just pushed Her mindset and Ideal on some Cyrenians...

the backstory was She was hanging out at Cyrene and I said I would try anything once.. with some thought She turned me into a toad and I was set to just hop and croak about. I begged my friends and my wife to kiss me, hoping to break Her enchantment... after much banter that I am a toad and covered in warts... much to my dismay I realized this was a lesson in Beauty and that it isn't skin deep and behind my toadyness I was still Rinzai..

with a gentle kiss Lady Selene recognized my understanding and turned me back, much to the confusion and new found understanding of the onlookers... it was awesome.. so subtle so perfect.
  • Rinzai said:
    My new rave was the awesome way that Lady Selene just pushed Her mindset and Ideal on some Cyrenians...

the backstory was She was hanging out at Cyrene and I said I would try anything once.. with some thought She turned me into a toad and I was set to just hop and croak about. I begged my friends and my wife to kiss me, hoping to break Her enchantment... after much banter that I am a toad and covered in warts... much to my dismay I realized this was a lesson in Beauty and that it isn't skin deep and behind my toadyness I was still Rinzai..

with a gentle kiss Lady Selene recognized my understanding and turned me back, much to the confusion and new found understanding of the onlookers... it was awesome.. so subtle so perfect.
    Just don't go to Lusternia while in that state. (Look at the final ability)

• @Synbios - that entire skillset makes me cringe, especially the brownies. Tickling. Seriously.

Hmm, raves...

Oh, my secret fan struck again, with an unsigned poem, making things slightly stalkerish.

Even better, I asked for volunteers for a project and actually got some. And none of them (as far as I know) had to be threatened!
  • Luhar said:
    @Synbios - that entire skillset makes me cringe, especially the brownies. Tickling. Seriously.

Jesters and Shamans can do it with their dolls, anyway.

• New announce. +1
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    You made me log on just to read it D: If that means what I think it means, though, it would be an absolute godsend (haha) for Mhaldor.

Will read it again when I wake up but for now, echoing Tanris's rave.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• ANNOUNCE NEWS #3712
    Date: 9/28/2012 at 16:28
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Patronage requests

We've just loaded a new system to handle patronage requests into the
    game, allowing us to free the Gods up from messy IC/OOC confusion when
    it comes to requests for changes/additions to the organisations they
    oversee. Another advantage of this system is that leaders no longer need
    to seek out a potentially ill-fitting patron just to handle basic tasks.

From now on, the org leader will make requests through a designated
    administrator denizen for your house/city/high clan. These will be
    tracked and actioned behind the scenes by our team. For the details of
    who your org leader should see, contact your patron. Once you've located
    your denizen, simply "TELL <DENIZEN> NEW REQUEST" to head into the
    editor to compose your request. Once complete, it will be sent to our
    patronage team for actioning!

Enjoy!

Penned by My hand on the 16th of Scarlatan, in the year 607 AF.

• That sounds awesome. For a lot of reasons. Need to take this opportunity and do like my fortune from the fortune cookie I ate today, "You will become a revered community leader." :P
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • I think it is good to pool resources and also helps open up RP, I know there a few houses now within patronage for IC reasons (even if I think those IC reasons are dumb).

My only concern is that it's going to kind of lead to a lack of distinctness in Houses.