Achaean Raves

Comments

• My only concern is that it's going to kind of lead to a lack of distinctness in Houses.
    How so?
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

Synbios said:
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #3712
    Date: 9/28/2012 at 16:28
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Patronage requests

We've just loaded a new system to handle patronage requests into the
    game, allowing us to free the Gods up from messy IC/OOC confusion when
    it comes to requests for changes/additions to the organisations they
    oversee. Another advantage of this system is that leaders no longer need
    to seek out a potentially ill-fitting patron just to handle basic tasks.

From now on, the org leader will make requests through a designated
    administrator denizen for your house/city/high clan. These will be
    tracked and actioned behind the scenes by our team. For the details of
    who your org leader should see, contact your patron. Once you've located
    your denizen, simply "TELL <DENIZEN> NEW REQUEST" to head into the
    editor to compose your request. Once complete, it will be sent to our
    patronage team for actioning!

Enjoy!

Penned by My hand on the 16th of Scarlatan, in the year 607 AF.
    Need a patron to contact before can use this. Efffffff.

• @Vasool I should have worded it differently. I think it *could* end up leading to that, but I'm not sure that it will.

Basically, what I meant was that I can foresee a situation where because House A received some benefit or feature from the admin, based on a request submitted to a joint admin pool, Houses B, C, D, and E will now receive the same benefit without having similar RP or innovative thinking invested in it, because it's one flat administrative solution as opposed to a God player who is well acquainted with a House, its history and RP, and might say "no, just because you think it's cool doesn't mean it has anything to do with your org."

I am hopeful that it will be better than that, of course.
  • @Orklanishkal: You're assuming that wasn't already the case. Everything warrants approval by production.
  • @Kresslack - that's just the wording in the post. Your best guess at which denizen it might be is probably right. And don't forget, only the HL can submit requests, so perhaps there's some kind of automated response if anyone other than HL sends a tell to the right denizen (hint hint). My rave is the speed the admin sorted my bug last night. Potential problem for the house averted within about an hour of logging it. Much appreciated :)
  • Nihilism. Chaos. Babel. Etc.

And maybe @Flair even though he's a pain
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    Nihilism. Chaos. Babel. Etc.

Was a fun night.
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  •  A Caspiite war citadel has been slain by your crew, and its corpse sinks rapidly into the ocean depths.

Oh yeah, score one for the good guys.
  • Nihilism. Chaos. Babel. Etc.

Someone has to be the fanatic :)

• Decent RP for the first time since I've been playing Achaea!

Special thanks go to Rinjinn.  :D
  • Ariasna said:
    Decent RP for the first time since I've been playing Achaea!

Special thanks go to Rinjinn.  :D
    I approve of this one.  
  • edited September 2012
    A raincloud materializes in your vicinity, the rain falling freely. The form of a woman is outlined, and Eusia emerges from her storm.
    You drop to one knee before Eusia, Guardian of the Eastern Seas.
    Eusia, Guardian of the Eastern Seas tenderly reaches out to cup your cheek in her hand.
    You say in a smooth, elderly voice, "Hail, Eusia."
    Eusia turns to mist and dissipates into nothingness

:D :x

• I don't get to log in nearly as often as I'd like, and when I do, Mhaldor is usually near-empty. But on the occasion that there are people around and interaction happens, I am never disappointed. Enjoying the RP, having fun learning BM, anxious to get into bigger things.

Also,
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "You're looking
    awfully pretty there, Silas."

Don't know what that was about, but I lol'd.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Laps of the Muurn have long been in my drill sergeant's handbook.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Aerek said:
    And Melodie's apparently D:
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

Aerek said:

And Melodie's apparently D:

I learn from the best!

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Rave: Lothiac jumping me, but not being a jerk about it.  Turned out to be pretty cool, and had a couple of close duels out of it.  Props to him for that.
  • Chord said:
    Reason I love being a Templar #513: If I tell a lower-ranked Templar to take five laps around Shallam as a "punishment" for something small and RP-related, they actually take five laps around Shallam.
    Great job! I take it that the lower-ranked Templar took this in stride OOCly too?

• Synbios said:
    Chord said:
    Reason I love being a Templar #513: If I tell a lower-ranked Templar to take five laps around Shallam as a "punishment" for something small and RP-related, they actually take five laps around Shallam.
    Great job! I take it that the lower-ranked Templar took this in stride OOCly too?
    Why would that matter? D:
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    edited October 2012
    @peak - We require our charges to go outside the forge and get some exercise
  • and you tell them to issue as soon as things don't go their way  :-bd
    I'd never do that, issue is an OOC mechanic.  But on a serious note, 6 weeks and outside of Ashtan for less than 2.5 hours?  Need infiltration to give you your just desserts.
  • Peak said:
    and you tell them to issue as soon as things don't go their way  :-bd
    Low blow, Peak. Low blow.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    To turn this conversation back to raves:

My friend getting a BM sword named "Blackened Providence" on the first try. My faith in good sword names has been restored.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I got Vengeful Boar on the first try. Even though he is Mhaldorian, I didn't intend for Rajan to be a follower of Keresis. Given how Mhaldor has changed (for better or worse), I'm curious to see how such a blade will play out.
    Ok here's a rave,

I needed to get new rapiers soon... one down one to go.

WEAPON                               DMG  TO-HIT  SPEED    MTHS LEFT
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    rapierxxxxxx                            78     154    235       250

• Achilles said:
    I'd never do that, issue is an OOC mechanic.  But on a serious note, 6 weeks and outside of Ashtan for less than 2.5 hours?  Need infiltration to give you your just desserts.
    You still hired on a runewarden for "stealing"  :-bd
    That's not an issue. 

Rave: Knight tournament finally over
  • Rave: Tons of fun interacting with a few select people today.  Kresslack and a few Occultists being some of them.