The Revelation

Comments

• Makarios said:
    I've just tweaked the mob levels down for the dragon+ tier for people not in dragonform, now that that's somewhat required.
    Let me be the first to report that it's been tweaked down for Dragons too. I'm not complaining, they're actually halfway tankable now.
  • edited November 2016
    ... OH SHIT BRO

LOOKS LIKE KHALAS IS COMIN BACK

@Asmodron

• No way. Khalas lost his shield. Annnnd that shadow's eyeing him.

He's going from "statue" to "dead gods." RIP.
  • Pretty sure this event is going to make me buy a lyre. Most of my deaths are from these stupid mobs
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Yeah a lyre is increasingly becoming a "if I had this, I would avoid these problems" sort of thing. Trying hard not to rage-buy it yet.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I bought one out of rage. Do not regret.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
    Gotta wait for this new class first though. :( Then I can give in to rage buys.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    edited November 2016
    I've had a lyre for a long time. This is the first time it's felt useful. Outside of this event, it's really not.

The mechanics, idea, and defense of the lyre is amazing. The problem is just that it feels broken and/or poorly done.  It doesn't check to see if what you're doing will break your barrier. Instead, it checks to see if what you're doing will -not- break the barrier.  So let's say you do code in a full system pause when lyre defense comes up, and then you misspell ql or def (or even if you shorten SCORE, which oddly still returns your score) or 1 of the dozen things you can actually do, then it drops your barrier.   If you input something that does nothing, it'll drop your barrier.

It will also drop your barrier if you try to strum the lyre while off equilibrium from just strumming it. Make damn sure you only press enter once. Recovery used to be decent on it (around 2 seconds iirc), so that if you did screw up and press enter twice or something dumb like that, you could try to recover, but that was changed at some point to nearly 4 seconds. A whole month of tide fighting might have been worth a lyre, since you can trade it in when you realize you don't ever use it again. So close to the end of it, though, doesn't seem worth it.

edit: it removed my line breaks
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • I'm loving these three-way fights this is amazing
  • Korben said:
    This just happened:

A shifting mass of shadows emerges out of the dense tendrils of the Tide.

A massive, translucent hammer rises out of a shifting mass of shadows's tattoo and smashes the statue of the fallen deity, Khalas the Wanderer's magical shield.

Image result for suspicious

• Password correct. Welcome to Achaea.
    Your last login was from domain: 71-45-88-125.res.bhn.net.
    get 50 commodity from satchel
    inra

*** You have new unread news ***
    The vitality of the black boar begins to flow through you.
    Your moss tattoo tingles slightly.
    *------------------( Announcements from the Administration )------------------*
    -> The Black Wave Cometh. Join your Achaean comrades in order to save the
       world from the Tsol'teth!
    -> Cooperate or confound with the splinters of Deus. Use the AVATAR command
       and readnews Announce #4641 for more details!
    -> Pieces of the Black Wave talisman set are being awarded with credit
       purchases this month. Visit achaea.com/credits to get yours today.
    *-----------------------------------------------------------------------------*
     (Type ADMINMESSAGE to view this again at any time.)

Stygian Crossroads.
    --- Area 121: Mhaldor -----------------------
      |                                       |
     [ ]                                     [ ]
        \                                   /
         [ ]         [ ] [=]         [_]-[ ]
            \         |                 /
             [ ]- - -[ ] [=]          /
                \     |             /
                 [ ] [ ] [=]     [ ]
                    \           /
                      \  [=]  /
                        \   /
                     [S]-[+]-[S]

[=]

[ ]-[^]-[ ]
                          |

--- Stygian Crossroads ----------- 0:-4:1 ---
    A noxious, red-hued fog overwhelms the area with a thick, palpable vapour. An 
    ominous creep of amaranthine vapour pervades, its shifting tendrils seeking and 
    spreading across the ground. Dawn rises upon a cloudless sky, the dim, reddish 
    rays of the sun shining down upon the land. A runic totem is planted solidly in 
    the ground. A small mhun miner has been nailed upon a ridged, blood stained 
    cross and left to perish. The cadaverous figure here atop the Idol of Corruption
    seethes with hatred. A large school of piranha swims here inside a deep, murky 
    pool. A sewer grate looms darkly beneath your feet. The leather-bound Apocrypha 
    lies closed upon an obsidian pedestal. A ladder of long, soft leaves comprises a
    wispy Weaver's Fern along the ground. A sigil in the shape of a small, 
    rectangular monolith is on the ground. Placed in preparatory memoriam, 
    implacable chiselwork marks this gravestone "TARAUS". There are 2 bloodroot 
    leaves in a group here. There are 2 ginseng roots in a group here. Looking ready
    for anything, a hulking war elephant stands here. Eyes burning a muted blue, a 
    crystalline tiger is poised for action. Punching the ground in impatience, this 
    fur-covered ogre bares its canine fangs at every movement. A crystalline golem 
    stands here. An elegant bloodstone bench is here. A black bone chest is here. 
    Spangled in the moon's shine, the silent form of Aegoth the Avatar of Stars 
    waits. He wields a disfigured staff of kindled birch in his left hand and a 
    blackened cavalry shield with ivory accents in his right. Insid'ari Helewys 
    Aristata is here. Her face is partially concealed beneath the raised hood of a 
    pale cloak with silk lining. She wields an elemental staff in her left hand and 
    a Shield of Absorption in her right. You may ENTER SUBDIVISION from here.
    You see exits leading northeast, east (open door), west (open door), northwest, 
    up, and down.
    3620h, 3472m, 17000e, 17000w ex|0/0|0/0|0/0|99-  (20:7:46:892)
    wanders away, beckoned by an unseen power.
    3620h, 3472m, 17000e, 17000w ex|0/0|0/0|0/0|99-  (20:7:46:927)
    You take five pieces of rope, three pieces of stag's horn, eight coal pieces, 
    three steel bars, two iron bars, a piece of obsidian, a cube of elemental ice, a
    small bar of platinum, a piece of polished bone, a collection of small gems, a 
    strip of leather and a spool of cloth from a trader's satchel.
    There are no more pieces of rope there.
    3620h, 3472m, 17000e, 17000w e|0/0|0/0|0/0|99-  (20:7:46:961)
    You have no plant in your inventory.
    3620h, 3472m, 17000e, 17000w e|0/0|0/0|0/0|99-  (20:7:46:992)
    Aegoth takes a drink from a black-walnut vial.
    3620h, 3472m, 17000e, 17000w e|0/0|0/0|0/0|99-  (20:7:47:265)
    (The Midnight Crew): Datrius says, "John adamns."
    3620h, 3472m, 17000e, 17000w e|0/0|0/0|0/0|99-  (20:7:47:374)
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    3620h, 3472m, 17000e, 17000w ex|0/0|0/0|0/0|99-  (20:7:47:844)
    You will now attempt to parry attacks to your head.
    3620h, 3472m, 17000e, 17000w ex|0/0|0/0|0/0|99-  (20:7:47:875)
    A fur-covered ogre tenses his hind legs before leaping forward, turning in 
    mid-air to plant a heavy foot against Aegoth's abdomen.
    3620h, 3472m, 17000e, 17000w ex|0/0|0/0|0/0|99-  (20:7:48:107)
    -=[ Proud to be an Achaean? Put us at the top of the TopMudSites list! 
    3620h, 3472m, 17000e, 17000w ex|0/0|0/0|0/0|99-  (20:7:48:656)
    (The Midnight Crew): Cain says, "Wow."
    3620h, 3472m, 17000e, 17000w ex|0/0|0/0|0/0|99-  (20:7:48:885)
    You can purchase 20 available credits in a House credit sale.
    ----[ Insidium House announcement ]----
    The tide will be pushed back to far from the isle, Insidi. Make it so. This is a
    priority matter.

If you are below level 40, reach level 40 with haste, and then join your 
    brethren in pushing back  the tide
    ---------------------------------------
    3620h, 3472m, 17000e, 17000w ex|0/0|0/0|0/0|99-  (20:7:48:885)
    There is currently a City credit sale in progress, but you have already 
    purchased your limit.
    3620h, 3472m, 17000e, 17000w ex|0/0|0/0|0/0|99-  (20:7:49:820)
    Aegoth leaves to the west.
    A crystalline golem leaves to the west.
    3620h, 3472m, 17000e, 17000w ex|0/0|0/0|0/0|99-  (20:7:50:48)
    A fur-covered ogre rushes forward nimbly, grabbing your arms to force himself to
    a halt. Before you can react, he slams his head into yours with great force.
    The massive trauma to your head has damaged your skull and brain considerably.
    1807h, 3472m, 17000e, 17000w ex|0/0|0/0|0/0|99-  (20:7:50:48)(-1813 Health)
    A fur-covered ogre tenses his hind legs before leaping forward, turning in 
    mid-air to plant a heavy foot against your abdomen.
    You have been slain by a fur-covered ogre.
    A powerful, sleek white hunting hound falls out of your inventory.
    A spirited cremello stallion falls out of your inventory.
    A steel bar falls out of your inventory.
    A piece of coal falls out of your inventory.
    A length of rope falls out of your inventory.
    An iron bar falls out of your inventory.
    A piece of stag's horn falls out of your inventory.
    A spool of cloth falls out of your inventory.
    A strip of leather falls out of your inventory.
    A collection of small gems falls out of your inventory.
    A piece of polished bone falls out of your inventory.
    A small bar of platinum falls out of your inventory.
    A cube of elemental ice falls out of your inventory.
    A piece of obsidian falls out of your inventory.
    An iron bar falls out of your inventory.
    0h, 3472m, 17000e, 17000w ex|0/0|0/0|0/0|99-  (20:7:50:197)(-1807 Health)

Lol go fuck yourself.

• Wait. We can actually win at things during this event?
    I legit went to watch youtube for 45 mins and come back and missed it. Mad! Not at anyone directly, just mad at the bad timing of missing something focused on us. Raaarrrrr!

But still, looks badass.
  • +1 to Mhaldor. Definitely winning this event
  • Can... I  get a  heads  up  on  what  happened?  I've been partying

• Szanthax said:
    Can... I  get a  heads  up  on  what  happened?  I've been partying

Tsol'teth tried to steal Mhaldor and Targ guardians next. They got Targ's one, but Mhaldor thwarted them by killing Mhaldorus
  • Asmodron said:
    Szanthax said:
    Can... I  get a  heads  up  on  what  happened?  I've been partying

Tsol'teth tried to steal Mhaldor and Targ guardians next. They got Targ's one, but Mhaldor thwarted them by killing Mhaldorus
    Awesome

• Was it a pre-planned "if this happens to us, do X" thing, or purely spur of the moment?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    That sounds an awful lot like powergaming unless there was a lot of RP behind it.  And wtf we lost our silver surfer?
  • Achilles said:
    That sounds an awful lot like powergaming unless there was a lot of RP behind it.  And wtf we lost our silver surfer?
    You can re-summon it.
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."

• edited November 2016
    So to be honest, no there was not any "If this happens, let's do plan A, then B" It was genuinely a spur of the moment decision as the event unfolded concerning Mhaldor's guardian.  

edited November 2016
    Sarathai said:
    Was it a pre-planned "if this happens to us, do X" thing, or purely spur of the moment?
    Spur of the moment. We had hidden Mhaldorous away in hopes he wouldn't be bothered, but that didn't work out. @Ailea made the call in the middle of the havoc.

Edit: Achilles, we had seen what happened to Eleusis' guardian, and Mhaldor is all about "sacrifice so the enemy does not gain an advantage". It made pure RP sense for any city during this event, but especially Mhaldor.
  • If I'd known that the Tsol'teth were stealing Eidolons and killing them for samples I'd probably have ordered the same, yeah. On the other hand, "efforts will continue" - so I assume they'll make a few more tries for the Eidolons they didn't get.

• So Parni coming back, was that alluded to or set up by anything? I tried staying on top of things but am so not seeing it.
  • Like steel on stone, the preternatural tones of Parni deSangre thunder throughout Creation, "Take command of the shadows. The forbidden arts of bending time to one's will. The lost art of Terminus."

Like steel on stone, the preternatural tones of Parni deSangre thunder throughout Creation, "The arts of the Depthswalker, as passed down by the Overlords three."

Like steel on stone, the preternatural tones of Parni deSangre thunder throughout Creation, "Maybe one of you will survive."
    New class!

• Greys said:
    So Parni coming back, was that alluded to or set up by anything? I tried staying on top of things but am so not seeing it.

There were clues, but the question that would need to be answered to put it in context was "why is there a Tsol'teth chilling on Meropis anyway?" Its easy to go along with unreliable narrators though, which is what the Tsol'teth antagonists (in their reports and such) were in this case. That's a big part of why we do reports in this instance: perspectives can be falible.

• Makarios said:
    Greys said:
    So Parni coming back, was that alluded to or set up by anything? I tried staying on top of things but am so not seeing it.

There were clues, but the question that would need to be answered to put it in context was "why is there a Tsol'teth chilling on Meropis anyway?" Its easy to go along with unreliable narrators though, which is what the Tsol'teth antagonists (in their reports and such) were in this case. That's a big part of why we do reports in this instance: perspectives can be falible.

So was Tenith'oru originally planned to be Parni back when he was first introduced or was that character later reused when coming up with the lore and storyline that you two came up with?
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!