The Revelation

Comments

• edited November 2016
    Illarion said:

• This might just be me because I'm not in the councils of power any more, but it seems to me that the playerbase has been seriously, seriously reactive here.  My recollection of big events in the past was that everyone flew around doing everything they could.  Rituals, denizen exploration, public posts - all with a couple of aims - first, from an RP perspective, to try things out, and secondly from an OOC perspective, trying to get the attention of the admin so that they'll roll with whatever good idea they see and that fits in with the planned narrative.  I've seen very little of that (or heard very little of that, and I'm a pretty nosy parker).  It feels a lot like people are just sitting there with their mouths open waiting for the admin to fire cake into them (metaphorically speaking).  No-one wants to go into the kitchen and make their own cake.  Could be just me, but that's a feeling I have.

I agree with most of your post and think the event is incredibly well designed and has some mechanics that are amazing. That being said, this is a game and people have a lot of other things going on in their lives, and at this point I think the event has lasted long enough that people's stamina for organizing is pretty low. Part of the reason that I think the coalition (and other groups) have become reactive is because people have run out of mental bandwidth to organize and motivate. They've also run out of in game political capital--after getting concessions and compliance from certain groups in order to get shard strategies going, they can't get more concessions to make this talisman/orb collection as effective as it could be. 

I've been imagining what it would look like if the shrine portion of the event hadn't happened, just the shards and hunting for orb talisman pieces, and I can see all kinds of interesting things people could have tried. Negotiating ceasefires between cities, uniting to gather up a bunch of talismans to shut down tide in a whole section of the world at the same time, working out complicated priority orders and organizing cities to patrol certain areas. It's not that any of that can't happen, it's just that after all the intensive negotiating that's already happened and after everybody's brain is fried from a solid month of tide, it's almost impossible to make it happen. I think some of the cool aspects of the second half of the event are being lost because people don't have the mental energy to really get into them. 

I <3 the admins and love so many things about this event. Lowbies and midbies can meaningfully participate! There are cool puzzles to solve and multiple possible strategies and scenarios! The storytelling is amazing! But I think that at this point, a lot of people get home from work and think about logging in, and think about how there is tide everywhere and all the grueling critter hunting and clearing they did yesterday has probably all been undone, and they decide to do something instead. And I think that's not laziness or bad roleplaying, it's a rational response. The last announce post from @Nicola seemed to acknowledge this--I definitely got a vibe like, "Hang with us, it's almost over!" 
  • Makarios indicated a fair few pages back that a lot of what was happening from an admin point of view was in reaction to the playerbase's decisions/actions. 

What I would love to know is : are we meeting, exceeding or falling short of admin expectations in terms of time-line? Did you guys expect us to have a shrine built by now? Or weeks ago?

Also, given how much you guys urged us to use miracles - which burn through essence like crazy - and how the player base responded with 'naw, gotta SaveOurShrines', did you guys up the total amount of essence required in response?

Able to give any feedback @Nicola? @Makarios?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Exciting!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GMT Time:  2016/11/05 00:00:01
    Information:
    You'll want to be here!

This will begin around the time of Friday's end Serenade.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically about 2 days until Cyrene is destroyed for harboring Tenith'oru
  • OMg I can actually attend since it's a Saturday! Wooooo!
  • Makarios said:
    Xaden said:
    Makarios indicated a fair few pages back that a lot of what was happening from an admin point of view was in reaction to the playerbase's decisions/actions. 

What I would love to know is : are we meeting, exceeding or falling short of admin expectations in terms of time-line? Did you guys expect us to have a shrine built by now? Or weeks ago?

Also, given how much you guys urged us to use miracles - which burn through essence like crazy - and how the player base responded with 'naw, gotta SaveOurShrines', did you guys up the total amount of essence required in response?

We expected a shrine a bit before this.

We didn't change values.

We've deliberately not advertised all the mechanics for this event, there's a definite advantage to be obtained for people who figure things out before other groups. That's all I'll say about the miracles question.

A particular player decision did extend the timeline, though.

I'm sure once the events over, we'll be more than happy to give specifics!

This will be like reading the book after watching the movie... omg i cant wait. I'm like... jab ogre... jab ogre.. and then someone be like dude... the miracles work on the tide creatures idiot.

• "I SHALL INVOKE WRATH UPON YOU STUPID OGRE!!!"

This doesn't sound like the best use of essence.  I'd rather just #Bargain to get tide creatures to fuck the dude... or sartan summon... or.. uh.  Consign.

• Reymi has been devoured alive by an eight-legged goblin.

Shit getting wierd..
  • Makarios said:
    Xaden said:
    Makarios indicated a fair few pages back that a lot of what was happening from an admin point of view was in reaction to the playerbase's decisions/actions. 

We expected a shrine a bit before this.

We didn't change values.

We've deliberately not advertised all the mechanics for this event, there's a definite advantage to be obtained for people who figure things out before other groups. That's all I'll say about the miracles question.

A particular player decision did extend the timeline, though.

I'm sure once the events over, we'll be more than happy to give specifics!

Appreciate the response. And I'm now expecting a full post-match analysis by the admin team once all this is done :)
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• It's called 'designer's notes'.
    I think that at this point, a lot of people get home from work and think about logging in, and think about how there is tide everywhere and all the grueling critter hunting and clearing they did yesterday has probably all been undone, and they decide to do something instead.

I'd love to bash the Tide, except they scaled it figuring people would have about 6 levels of tankiness artefacts (bracelets, regen ring, belt, sip ring) by the time they got to Dragon, and I only have 3. If the creatures are immune to criticals, it takes forever to drop them with all the running I have to do.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Korben said:
    It's called 'designer's notes'.
    I think that at this point, a lot of people get home from work and think about logging in, and think about how there is tide everywhere and all the grueling critter hunting and clearing they did yesterday has probably all been undone, and they decide to do something instead.

I'd love to bash the Tide, except they scaled it figuring people would have about 6 levels of tankiness artefacts (bracelets, regen ring, belt, sip ring) by the time they got to Dragon, and I only have 3. If the creatures are immune to criticals, it takes forever to drop them with all the running I have to do.

They're not all immune to criticals, and the more you try, the easier you'll find it, it's about learning how to hunt them.

Watch for the invulnerability and, if they have it, wait in the adjacent room for 20 seconds, then go back in.

Ogres don't hit particularly hard, they just spam blackout and limb breaks.

Beetles again don't hit particularly hard, but spam clumsiness (you can ignore this as a dragon) and a few other affs (tree / focus)

Goblins are harder hitters, but don't do much else.

Shadows are the nasty ones, they have a few really big hits, but you can use hold breath against at least one of those attacks.

None of them chase, none of them have tentacle tattoos, so you can either move to another room or fly to heal back up. From hunting them as a blue dragon and a bard, stun battlerage attacks don't work on them, but amnesia and clumsiness do.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Whoever said bashing them as an avatar was easy was a bloody liar.

Even with runes, scales, runed SoA, xerthyst, azelhurium, allied uruz, and allied harms I could just barely tank them.

Melodar and laytronite was letting me hit over 150k/hour though, and I was getting a lot of no crit mobs.

• I bashed them as an avatar occie and was surprised to find it was about as easy as dragon. We worked up about 14k on a splinterfall with 4 people. Wasn't bad at all
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Cooper As an avatar I cleared in two hours solo what four people were struggling to get done (took them longer, actually). Hunting Tide as avatar is a joke.

Then again, Im probably in for a very rude awakening in about a level and a half.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Hit level 99.  See what happens Ahmet.

I was hunting tide as an avatar monk fine at 98.  Level 99 as an avatar (even with them being supposedly weaker) ?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

No.

PS: Are dragon avatars a bug.  I feel like that's a bug.
  • Bashing tide as avatar in magi is pain and torture. i can't even stand toe to toe with a beetle
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited November 2016
    Apostate is tolerable, though runes and a xerthyst improves it a good bit.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited November 2016
    Eat nut>class switch bard>make accentato/jab alias>make harmonic alias>go bash

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
    Some of us are in the middle of a second class and can't just nut whatever class we want!

Hoping to fix that once I know what the hell the new class is and can commit one way or the other though.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • @makarios can wwe get confirmation dragon avatars aren't a bug? Can we also get another look at avatar class balancing? Alchemist seems absurdly crap, perhaps because we cant utilise one of our main class defence of robes?
  • Jhui said:
    Tsol'teth don't trigger deliverance, we've known that since Gattan'bahar I think.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• I think the mobs scale too much in Avatar. Switched to Bard, 9.4k health with runes/azelhurium, still can't tank them with harms, runes, xerthyst, and SoA.

• Yeeeeeeeesssss.
  • Thank god. Ily.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Name: Ain'lier
    Class: Serpent

Name: Aan'lier
    Class: Occultist
    Makarios said:
    I've just tweaked the mob levels down for the dragon+ tier for people not in dragonform, now that that's somewhat required.
    All of my joy and happiness. 
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Cooper said:
    I think the mobs scale too much in Avatar. Switched to Bard, 9.4k health with runes/azelhurium, still can't tank them with harms, runes, xerthyst, and SoA.
    Dang, what you doing wrong? I was having no problem without runes or rare minerals. Got to move out of the room occasionally but not really that bad.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • When I first logged on and saw that events post...

Image result for what the fuck did I just read

Had to ask around about an apparent assault.

More tsol'teth!