The Revelation

Comments

• Same reason as most of the stuff: because fuck you, that's why. The admin are enjoying watching us squirm, it's part of the event. They want us tired, worn down, and frustrated. We'll make mistakes, we'll fuck up, and we just don't have the tools to beat this bitch like it owes us money.
  • Yeesh. Not sure about that, since there's an active event at all, it's been fun just hard to keep up with. Luckily I'm Mhaldorian. Maybe not seeing the reason to be aggressive @ the administration ... :( sorry.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I don't think he meant it in a negative way  =)

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Patroklos said:
    we just don't have the tools to beat this bitch like it owes us money.
    False.

We do have the tools at our disposal. Mhaldor and the A-team constantly ganking any avatar trying to fight back the tide means we can't utilize those tools properly.

If we took even a quarter of the shards that dropped and used them for fighting the tide, we'd have zero problem whatsoever.
    Huh. Neat.
  • The administration has said on several occasions that any event being produced is considered with several outcomes. The outcomes themselves are based upon the actions of players. This isnt cut and paste and truly all actions do have consequences. It can be very likely that one city gets smacked hard because of our lack of co-operation and our self-sabotaging. Just gotta see where it goes.
  • Or rewarded for it.
  • Skye said:
    Atalkez said:
    They seemed to be weaker while I was Avatar.

Edit: I bashed as Avatar for nearly 2 hours, 50+kills. Alternating between sub-80 and dragon level fights. The fights weren't scary,  even took 2 at one point.
    One of the things that definitely made it easier was that Avatar has passive aff healing (thanks @Antidas lol) so you don't get stuck in blackout, for example.
    This was always my master plan. You are all welcome.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited October 2016
    Taszya said:
    Hey I know I've arrived and started playing the game late in this event but can I ask about the Unwind cooldown. 24 hours is a bit much for one, in comparison to how fast this is progressing...is there a reason for the restriction or can it be lower? Just seems demanding...Thanks.
    Don't mind Patroklos, he's about as subtle and chill as a grouchy cactus.

I imagine it's demanding because it's suppose to feel very tense and "I better use this very carefully and in a coordinated fashion". However, it should be noted that new information can often shift what exactly we're doing and how. For quite a while, there wasn't even a way to fight the shrines, just the usual fog bashing we've all been doing. The unwind bit was only exposed recently, and now there's potentially new avenues to explore (maybe, anyway - depends how people react).

The reason it's tense for us is because we're on some of our lower population numbers (as is Ashtan), whereas the coalition has the force of four more-populated cities behind it. So of course, we'll feel the crunch a lot more. But considering we made five shrines fall within about six to eight hours, we're doing pretty good. :)

Keep it up! If you have (in-character, of course, I realize this one was a mechanics-based) questions, feel free to prod us IC.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • This new stuff is pretty cool. I like that it encourages the use of avatar.

Do hope our side gets to utilize it, though! 

• Calyn said:
    So, when there's a shardfall in the Black Forest, you might be thinking "Gee, there's a whole bunch of Tide in there that wants to murder me, I want to get back to safety with this essence. Oh look, a mushroom!"

And you'd be right. There are mushrooms.

But in order to get out of Bopalopia, you have to wear a hat.

And avatars don't wear hats.

LOL. I was considering that theory, glad I didnt test it myself now XD
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    heartstop

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Halos said:
    heartstop
    Either that or an embarrassing deathsight to a jackalope.
  • edited October 2016
    Aegoth said:
    Avatar-status is shitty because no arties. Arties make a huge difference, especially while PKing. 
    Makes you quite the target too (even if you have like 200 essence left and no miracles), plus it's gotten so many nerfs to things like rapid movement, fast travel etc. that being an Avatar, at least for me, feels like I'm wading through molasses.
    Melodie said:
    Was fairly much impossible and didn't seem to do anything special at the time.
      @Melodie I know several people tried on the Coalition side as well, when the Tide was first appearing. We immediately found that doing it as a dragon was much easier, so the idea was discarded.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• in ye olden days of the Blackwave I got a few avatars out of dodge doing this.

Because then you could follow someone.  And following someone wearing the hat was A+ and worked.  (Got your ass to Cyrene REAL QUICK).

But yeah.  Being an avatar has a lot of negatives, and requires pretty much CONSTANT attention with someone actively guarding your ass incase a dragon (aegoth) decides to fly over you and breath rain.. or just.. land in your room.
  • Ahmet said:
    Patroklos said:
    we just don't have the tools to beat this bitch like it owes us money.
    False.

We do have the tools at our disposal. Mhaldor and the A-team constantly ganking any avatar trying to fight back the tide means we can't utilize those tools properly.

If we took even a quarter of the shards that dropped and used them for fighting the tide, we'd have zero problem whatsoever.
    This happens on both sides, Sir!
    Getting killed when you try to gank avatars =/= getting ganked when minding your own business and fighting the tide.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Getting killed when you try to gank avatars =/= getting ganked when minding your own business and fighting the tide.
    The Coalition resounded with a pretty big "fuck no" when I asked them to let Mhaldor retain one splinter to hunt the Tide with, in return for the Coalition receiving immunity while doing the same.

• Mhaldor doesn't even have any reason to hunt the Tide as an Avatar... Why bother?
    Pretty sure most of us never heard about you asking, and I know for sure I'd like to see some sort of 'leave each other the fuck alone' agreement.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Farrah said:
    Mhaldor doesn't even have any reason to hunt the Tide as an Avatar... Why bother?
    We sure do!

@Ahmet it's good to know it was brought up on the clan! 

Don't get me wrong, it was a fine IC decision for the coalition to make. No hard feelings there at all. It would just be nice to have the opportunity to keep the tide at bay and not having to worry if I'm going to login to Mhaldor being over run.

Going to bed Saturday with the tide no where near Mhaldor, and logging in Sunday to it being one room away from defendable was a terrible feeling.

• Should have stayed in Coalition!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
    Coalition literally this whole event: The world is ending stop being petty and put aside your bullshit grievances to save us all.

Coalition when someone offers exactly that: Lolnofuckyou.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I'm pretty sure several people would die suddenly IRL if all of the work that was put into the renaissance was undone because they couldn't field participants consistently to a month long event. 

Re: destroying a whole fucking city. 

• Ahmet said:
    Coalition literally this whole event: The world is ending stop being petty and put aside your bullshit grievances to save us all.

More like we offered help, got told fuck you, and now those same people want a truce.

Nah.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Eh. If Mhaldor wants to negotiate a truce, they should explain why they want to hunt as Avatar (IC). They've been deceptive before already, so the Coalition isn't exactly trusting. It seems shady.

If they don't want to explain, they'll have to deal with the Coalition protecting its interests. As far as we're aware, Cyrene was the only city offered anything. I know this influenced my own vote.

I'm only saying this in an attempt to curb all of the OOC frustrations though. Would have to be pursued IC.
  • Cooper said:
    Atalkez said:
    Ahmet said:

More like we offered help, got told fuck you, and now those same people want a truce.

Nah.
    Like I said, it was a fine decision to make and no hard feelings there. I understand!

On an OOC note, it's not like Mhaldor has been trying to end the world here. We've been smashing the Tide, harassing Tsol'teth, offering help to Tenith'oru, attempting to figure out ways to stop/slow down the Tide, testing as much Avatar stuff as possible (@Taraus definitely leading the way there), and attempting to rebuild or shrine - all while adhering to the ideals of Mhaldor (#1 being Sartan first no matter what, especially if it makes you suffer).

Yes, that means no Coalition for us. That was a decision I knew would cause us grief IC and OOC, but it was one I would definitely make again. It has definitely been rough on us, and I'm 100% aware of the repercussions.

I'm thankful that not a single person from Mhaldor has complained about it IC or OOC, even the guy who I was certain was going to light me up over it. To have a player base that will look at leadership and accept something like that is absolutely amazing, even knowing a lot are unhappy about the current circumstances.

Anyway, got side tracked there.
    I really admire the consistency of ideals / roleplay here.

Frankly, I think there are a few other "factions" forgetting some of their "X First!" ideals and going with the flow. The decisions have been made for good reasons,  "Or else the world will end!" but without handling the inconsistency with their global stated beliefs.

Just very glad that as a Cyrenian Pandoran I do not have to agonize over those (what should be) internal conflicts/inconsistencies, or figure out a way to justify them.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• I wouldn't say there's that much tension at this point. People are desperate and hoping that a shrine (any shrine) will help repel the Tide. There isn't much reason to believe it has to be your Patron's shrine.

So, on one hand, everyone wants their Patron's shrine the most, for sure. But on the other hand, if everyone strives to rebuild only their Patron's shrine, the process is too slow, we get no shrine, we all die. That's pretty good reason for people to say alright, let's get any shrine up first and our own up later.

It is of course all based on limited information though.
  • Farrah said:
    I wouldn't say there's that much tension at this point. People are desperate and hoping that a shrine (any shrine) will help repel the Tide. There isn't much reason to believe it has to be your Patron's shrine.

So, on one hand, everyone wants their Patron's shrine the most, for sure. But on the other hand, if everyone strives to rebuild only their Patron's shrine, the process is too slow, we get no shrine, we all die. That's pretty good reason for people to say alright, let's get any shrine up first and our own up later.

It is of course all based on limited information though.
    That is assuming, ofcourse, completed shrines will actually help at all. Secondly, that said Patron won't go Lorielan-NO to other cities/orgs. For example: Aurora protecting Mhaldor/Ashtan(/Hashan?) even if we were still in the Coalition? Not 100% sure of that. I understand the reasoning, ofcourse, it's just a gamble people are taking. That's the fun of the political aspect, though I'm also glad Mhaldor isn't in the Coalition anymore. If we were, there's no doubt this would've been a lot more boring for everyone involved, if probably less frustrating at times. And I also doubt we'd have settled on less shrines receiving splinters, or at this point Mhaldor would've been semi-forced out of the coalition anyway.

Anyway! Like @Cooper said, Mhaldor is actively fighting against the Tide, we're just doing it by ourselves.