The Revelation

Comments

• @Omor Our guess is that someone had been hunting gnolls in Manara and died at the Tide invaded racetrack with all the gnoll corpses in their inventory.
  • They're refugees!

Maybe they were hiding in the goblin's stomach.
  • Nicola said:
    @Omor Our guess is that someone had been hunting gnolls in Manara and died at the Tide invaded racetrack with all the gnoll corpses in their inventory.
    Yea but those gnolls are alive, not dead! I support the refugee theory, personally.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Did @Nicola just let slip some major secrets about how the Tide works? :open_mouth:

I wonder if that's just mechanical operation, or if it has to do with the Tide itself. #BoredInClassTheories #ICanPrayTooOkay #LeaveMeAlone #FuelMyConspiracies
    Huh. Neat.
  • @Antidas they were dead when they were dropped, but when Tide is cleared, all the dead mobs in the room (oddly including corpses dropped there during the invasion period) return to life!
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Blast. So much for my dreams of a power that can bring dead armies back to life at a whim without batting an eye. Curse you, Nicola!
    Huh. Neat.
  • @Nicola Okay, thanks for the clarification. I was super confused as to how that happened, and according to @Jinsun I was supposed to take them to their leader in return for a gnoll harem. I politely declined.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Nicola said:
    @Antidas they were dead when they were dropped, but when Tide is cleared, all the dead mobs in the room (oddly including corpses dropped there during the invasion period) return to life!
    brb, dropping Dominar minions at the wheel and clearing the Tide from it.
  • Nicola said:
    Antidas they were dead when they were dropped, but when Tide is cleared, all the dead mobs in the room (oddly including corpses dropped there during the invasion period) return to life!
    Oh really? Hmmm.............

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Time to recruit some Sunderland guards
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Yeah this sounds like good fun in the making brb bringing tuna from meropis to eastern reaches 
  • Not the tuna!!!
  • Calyn said:
    Nicola said:
    @Antidas they were dead when they were dropped, but when Tide is cleared, all the dead mobs in the room (oddly including corpses dropped there during the invasion period) return to life!
    brb, dropping Dominar minions at the wheel and clearing the Tide from it.
    Small time.

Get Jeramun, Belladona, and Zsarachnor, and dump them at NoNT. Then sit back and watch the carnage.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Hunting tide creatures in lesserform as a bardatar is heaps of fun, much better than dragon. Thanks for changing things up again, event-monkeys!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Hunting it as a monk is much less fun.

Getting hit for 3-4k per hit.. of my 7kish health with runes sucks.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Don't get me wrong, it's still dangerous as a bard, but faster balance recovery means faster "tactical withdrawl", and hallelujah stacking with avatar passive cure makes ogres and beetles much easier to deal with

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Don't get me wrong, it's still dangerous as a bard, but faster balance recovery means faster "tactical withdrawl", and hallelujah stacking with avatar passive cure makes ogres and beetles much easier to deal with
    Cheaper too :)
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• "Dangerous" and "actually impossible if I didn't use transmute 5x+ times" are completely different stories.

Which puts me in insta-kill range for.. 3-4 different classes.

#MakeMOnksGoodAgain
  • DWC Runie not so bad either if you get yourself a Dagaz and Uruz down.

(which of course makes it so you cannae sketch transfix traps on the ground for protection against the arseholes of the world)

• edited November 2016

First off, I LOVE this event.  Hats off to @Nicola, @Makarios and the gang - an awesome job, and let's not underestimate the cojones required to even do a Black Wave event.  It's been the Big One for a RL decade.  I don't get to play that much any more, but there's been lots going on even for someone who is dabbling, and the story has been clear.  And I sincerely hope you're not at all demotivated by the seemingly bottomless Achaean playerbase desire to bitch and moan about anything happening ever.  It's a fricking disgrace that the "Thank You" thread is outweighed about 100:1 by the whines.  That's just who we are - it doesn't mean we don't think this is awesome, and we don't want you to do this kind of thing ALL THE TIME AND NEVER SLEEP UNTIL OUR DESIRE FOR FUN TIMES IS SATED WHICH IS NEVER.

Also, some observations:

• Man, people are entitled about their RPz.  If you take the Tide down, and it returns - that's tough.  Achaea isn't a game where you put 10c into the slot, and get to tide the pony for exactly the right length of time, over exactly the same path.  Things happen.  It's a story.  Sometimes you lose in a story.  Sometimes you screw up.  Sometimes the bad guys have resources you don't know about.
    • It's been obvious that it takes a metric fuckton of shards to rebuild a master shrine for, gosh, ages.  The Coalition (understandably given the ridiculous dynamics, and a massive shout-out to the people trying to make that work - it's a lot of work and in return you get nothing but grief) has been slow to deal with that.  It's been spreading shards too thin for far too long.  But guys, we CHOSE this.  Some people chose another way, which has its own benefits and problems.  This is a choice we made.  Getting stressed, or angry, or surprised that your shrine isn't here is... silly.  If you don't want to do a thing in Achaea, don't do it.  Your RP should be second to your fun always.  If it's not, you'll end up screwing up the RP anyway, because no-one RPs well when they're bored, resentful and angry.  Step back, do something different, whatever.  but don't spend 6 hours of your day doing something you hate, and then come to the forums and blame someone else for it.  We're all grown-ups.
    • This might just be me because I'm not in the councils of power any more, but it seems to me that the playerbase has been seriously, seriously reactive here.  My recollection of big events in the past was that everyone flew around doing everything they could.  Rituals, denizen exploration, public posts - all with a couple of aims - first, from an RP perspective, to try things out, and secondly from an OOC perspective, trying to get the attention of the admin so that they'll roll with whatever good idea they see and that fits in with the planned narrative.  I've seen very little of that (or heard very little of that, and I'm a pretty nosy parker).  It feels a lot like people are just sitting there with their mouths open waiting for the admin to fire cake into them (metaphorically speaking).  No-one wants to go into the kitchen and make their own cake.  Could be just me, but that's a feeling I have.
    • The forum RP is hilarious.  The forums have been so bloody precious for such a long time about forum RP, and sharing IC information.  I, for one, am over the moon to see that breaking down here.  This is what happens when people care!  Shout at other people, argue your corner, name!  Shame!  Spill information, and gossip.  This is never wrong*

Now, back to Tide fighting!  Death to the tsol'teth!  Victory for Sapience!

*Footnote: sometimes this is wrong

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited November 2016
    I found avatar magi a bit depressing to bash in :( the lack of arties (and cape) was palpable. Harmony vibe was nice but you really feel the crystal burn trying to keep it up moving from room to room.

Trying to bash as a dex-specced Lv90+ serp was a lesson in suffering though.  I died like 4 or 5 times in a row before deciding to call it quits.  Can't tank more than one or two hits before getting my face rekt.

• Xaden said:
    DWC Runie not so bad either if you get yourself a Dagaz and Uruz down.

(which of course makes it so you cannae sketch transfix traps on the ground for protection against the arseholes of the world)
    Hey man, we're just trying to save the world, Mhaldor-style. Suffering makes you strong.
  • Alrena said:
    Xaden said:

Hey man, we're just trying to save the world, Mhaldor-style. Suffering makes you strong.
    The XP you've been donating to me is making me stronger ;)

Just kidding, it's good to have an adventurer enemy in this thing too!

• Xaden said:
    Alrena said:
    Xaden said:

I'm the villain. Being foiled is in the job description, as well as the fistshaking and the "I'll get you next time! And your dog!" mandatory threats. If Achaean combat were slower, I would even do monologues.
  • Alrena said:
    Xaden said:
    Alrena said:
    Xaden said:

I'm the villain. Being foiled is in the job description, as well as the fistshaking and the "I'll get you next time! And your dog!" mandatory threats. If Achaean combat were slower, I would even do monologues.
    You don't automate your RP? You're missing a trick there! Just wait tile my auto-preaching script is up and running!

• Enlighten, fling emperor, summon Xenophage.

Now you get fifteen minutes to monologue before you both get punted back to Sapience with no willpower and no ability to finish the job.
  • Xaden said:
    Alrena said:
    Xaden said:
    Alrena said:
    Xaden said:

You don't automate your RP? You're missing a trick there! Just wait tile my auto-preaching script is up and running!
    Way ahead of you.
  • Rangor's autopreaching is top notch.

Have had fun conversations during events while fighting against or alongside him.