Latest batch of seafaring changes!

Comments

• Should someone feel particularly griefed by another player's behaviour, they are welcome to issue.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Nicola said:
    Should someone feel particularly griefed by another player's behaviour, they are welcome to issue.
    Yeah, but issuing wont get people back their wiped crew

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    Nicola said:
    Should someone feel particularly griefed by another player's behaviour, they are welcome to issue.
    Irrelevant. Issuing won't get you your experience back with someone griefing you with kills, but that's another application for issuing. Issuing isn't meant to be a reversal of fate, it's a venue to get inappropriate behavior stopped. 

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Trey said:
    Shirszae said:
    Nicola said:
    Irrelevant. Issuing won't get you your experience back with someone griefing you with kills, but that's another application for issuing. Issuing isn't meant to be a reversal of fate, it's a venue to get inappropriate behavior stopped. 
    Not really irrelevant as far as I see it, specially considering the amount of time invested to raise a crew to a decent level.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Shirszae said:
    Trey said:
    Shirszae said:
    Nicola said:
    Not really irrelevant as far as I see it, specially considering the amount of time invested to raise a crew to a decent level.
    I've had miracles happen with issues. Miracles.

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    I just don't how any of the current shiptrades are at all really worth it aside from just wanting some reward for tooling around. I looked at some of the small personal ones again and did the math. Was planning the route for the 50k gold one and stopped when I figure out that you have to invest 18k before sailing to Suliel which you're pretty much guaranteed to get sunk doing. And Crowns are removed? Has anyone working on seafaring changes ever sailed on the game? Or are you just shooting in the dark hoping that people will like it?
  • Jinsun said:
    I just don't how any of the current shiptrades are at all really worth it aside from just wanting some reward for tooling around. I looked at some of the small personal ones again and did the math. Was planning the route for the 50k gold one and stopped when I figure out that you have to invest 18k before sailing to Suliel which you're pretty much guaranteed to get sunk doing. And Crowns are removed? Has anyone working on seafaring changes ever sailed on the game? Or are you just shooting in the dark hoping that people will like it?
    I never thought the day would come that Jinsun would post something and I'd agree with every single word of it.
  • What would alleviate this a bit if there was more interconnections between the trade goods. That way I can say build up a stockpile of wine and readily convert it into something else for a trade and then pick up extra cargo.
  • Vinegar?
  • They did say that they were replacing crown trades with something else
  • @Nicola : Any news on diving comm changes ? I will do unspeakable things to be able to hear all the conversations in the bell and underwater or none at all. I will also do unspeakable things if it's not changed. Just different sorts of unspeakable things.
  • edited June 2016
    Flying Sheilei.

@Nicola@Antonius Remember how I suggested these things should be bumped up slightly in terms of their damage, since they were the most trivial of the three L1 seamonsters? You might have over done it a smig. Just a scooch really. Just a teeny, tiny, itty, bitty, little bit.

These things are now far more dangerous than sea serpents were. Less unpredictable, I'll give them that. You can be pretty much sure that they will drop your hull and sails at a consistently insane rate. I've never seen anything on Achaea attack with this high a speed, and that includes higher level monsters from the L2 and L3 zones.
  • The 70k half-trade that was there yesterday is pretty good imo. The 50k suliel one isn't but they can't all be good. I knew I should've taken more of the 70ks tho
  • No seamonster damages have been increased, at all, in the last 2 RL months. In order to gently try and bring things to a more manageable state all seamonster attack speeds were increased (slowing down their rate of attack.)
  • Nicola said:
    No seamonster damages have been increased, at all, in the last 2 RL months. In order to gently try and bring things to a more manageable state all seamonster attack speeds were increased (slowing down their rate of attack.)
    Then I'm confusing increased speed of damage with increased damage then. Fair enough. But they will still wreck your face, destroy your universe, and then eat your lunch. That being said, even after the Hullgird change, I can't remember one of these things so much as scratching my hull, which is why I pointed out that they were kinda wimpy even for kiddie pool. Now they ravage both hull and sails in no time flat. I actually sorta like seeing sail damage be non-trivial, but that level of speed on both sails and hull is....whew.

That said, the septaceans and sea serpents seem to be back to how they were pre-hullgird. A little tougher maybe, but certainly manageable and feel far less random. 
  • In case I wasn't quite clear, all seamonsters attack with the same damage and attacks that they had before, at the exact same strength, they just attack slower now. There have been no increases to damage or speed of damage.
  • Nicola said:
    In case I wasn't quite clear, all seamonsters attack with the same damage and attacks that they had before, at the exact same strength, they just attack slower now. There have been no increases to damage or speed of damage.
    In 2700+ seamonster kills I've never once had to shield on a Sheilei or run from one... until last night when every one of them required 2-4 shields to kill. Something is up with them. 
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    @Jarrod - will you be updating your script you had for seafaring trades? I didn't buy it before (though I had considered it), but with all these new trade types and different routes, it's sounding like it'd be extremely useful now.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• edited June 2016
    Unless they changed the items available at different harbours or the ratios of trading, the current version of the script doesn't need to be updated. It knows every trade at every port and creates routes based on that, not on specific trades.

If they did change those things, it would take 10 minutes or less for me to update the table of things so it automatically adjusts routes.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

Jarrod said:
    Unless they changed the items available at different harbours or the ratios of trading, the current version of the script doesn't need to be updated. It knows every trade at every port and creates routes based on that, not on specific trades.

If they did change those things, it would take 10 minutes or less for me to update the table of things so it automatically adjusts routes.
    I haven't tried them but there's new trades, and I think some of the routes were adjusted. Also another upcoming trade that hasn't  been released yet to replace the Mayan Crowns.

• He means the script isnt currently affected by changes to overall trade details (5 hemp as end product etc.) The only thing that the script can't handle is if the harbours changed what ratios the trade goods for or if the begin/stop selling things (I.e Minos stops sell tea or the exchange ratio changes).
    Tahquil said:
    He means the script isnt currently affected by changes to overall trade details (5 hemp as end product etc.) The only thing that the script can't handle is if the harbours changed what ratios the trade goods for or if the begin/stop selling things (I.e Minos stops sell tea or the exchange ratio changes).
    Ah okay. When it comes to reading the Mariners Guild map for routes and exchange rates it confuses me every time, I have to ask someone to help me. Wasn't sure how changed the routes were and exchange rates (the math for what to start with I always get wrong).

• edited June 2016
    Can we possibly address harbour sizes? Especially with the new trades, having harbours that do cargo trades fill up and not let you dock is ridiculous. The more ships are commissioned, the less adequate harbour maximum capacities become. At the very least manmade harbours should have a much higher limit or no limit.

Back when everyone just parked to shipreturn->gare it almost made sense, but nowadays, especially on mainland, not so much.
  • That said we just got a sink on someone because they couldn't dock, so hidden blessings
  • Shastaan's harbour capacity has been increased. If a harbour is full it only takes an ISSUE ME and we'll get it sorted.
  • Yay! Also I didn't think an issue me would solve that, good to know. Thanks for helping our sloppy sailing squad so much today.
  • Yeah, I've issued harbours being full several times and each time they've been increased, they're pretty good at it.

• Kiet said:
    Yay! Also I didn't think an issue me would solve that, good to know. Thanks for helping our sloppy sailing squad so much today.
    Sure thing. It's fun to see crews mastering and utilising the new mechanics. Continued bug reports and issue me's are a huge part of the refining process to make it enjoyable and balanced. 
  • I left harbour to not get drydocked, found out that Shastaan was full when I tried to get back in. Sailed to Mysia, full. Sailed to Eastern Shore, full. Said fuck it and homeported. 10/10 seafaring adventure, would recommend.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    If increasing the harbour limits is the solution when they're full, why have them at man-made harbours at all?
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.