Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Latest batch of seafaring changes!

191011121315»

Comments

• MorthifMorthif Posts: 1,547Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    It is a distinct possibility that we are just not coming up with a better strategy to not get eaten by seamonsters then. 
  • KietKiet Posts: 2,879Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Don't you have a galley? What are you even fighting that's giving you trouble?
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USAPosts: 1,818Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited July 2016
    Galleys are actually not invincible anymore. The Phocian is easily a match for one, a ketea nearly sank us with a crew of 4. (the damage to my pride was worse than that to the ship) Even some of the level 280s can sink one now if you're not careful. (Mostly the serpent trios, that triple attack is brutal)

I have discovered what I'm pretty positive is a bug that reverses my crew's experience effect on turning, (As in, my turns are taking longer as my crew levels) perhaps it's a bug with crew experience in general? Maybe more experienced shipmates are actually repairing slower than they should be.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
    Lucianus
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo DomingoPosts: 3,002Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    It definitely feels like ship repair varies depending on things, but I am not sure exactly what it is. While I am fighting seamonsters (circling, not anchored), sometimes the repairs will be as fast as they should be with the experience of my shipmates, but sometimes it'd be agonizingly slow. Maybe its just a random bug.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

Marisella
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess BellaterePosts: 2,746Member, Seafaring Liason @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited July 2016
    I think I'm kinda feeling the chops damage more too, maybe it's just me. I crossed the sea of screamed prayers trying to bulldoze through and came out around 50 hull, which felt more than before the changes. I could be imagining though.

• AnariaAnaria Posts: 184Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited July 2016
    Well if you are sailing around, the repair speed is going to seem variable depending on the state of the ocean. Stormy waters are harder on the hull, so you aren't getting as much value out of your repairs as you are in calm seas. Speed of movement is also a factor, since repair speed is more or less fixed while the speed at which your hull deteriorates can vary based on how fast you are going.

That said, if something about repair was indeed changed, I sincerely hope the Devs announce it. I haven't run any tests recently. 
  • MorthifMorthif Posts: 1,547Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    A sea hag tore threw my sails pretty quick, we eventually killed it but it was close with 3 ballista and a 4th rotating between spider-shot, star-shot, and putting out fires. 
  • GreysGreys Posts: 704Member, Seafaring Liason ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    I have no experience on galleys but I know Naomh and myself (Rank 3 weapons w/ harpooner trait) can go through the Tier 3 area just fine. There is a lot of intricacies with hunting them to learn. 
    Shirszae
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo DomingoPosts: 3,002Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited July 2016
    I've managed to hunt down Ketea on my own in a Strider, plus all the tier 3 creatures. Not any of the other Phocian, thought

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

Sign In to Comment.