Hail, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Overwatch

Comments

• SethSeth North CarolinaMember Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Eh, I find it more that everyone will choose their character leaving the last player to pick healer or tank....and they'll pick McCree.
  • JukilianJukilian Member Posts: 1,579 @ - Epic Achaean
    Kyrra said:
    I wish there was a way to save game highlights, some of these are just so brilliant.

I figure if D3 can auto screenshot and save every HC death you have, Overwatch should have an option to save highlights before you quit the game.
    I have a program called PlaysTV that I can use to record games. I can then use it to go back and run over my highlights to re-record them to be sure as well. Records everything.

Speaking of which, I uploaded a few short clips from tonight. Guest starring @Minifie in them

http://plays.tv/u/Deluril

This was fun: 

http://plays.tv/video/5752d3567c62295c15/an-a-mei-zing-surprise-for-the-enemy-widowmaker-
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 3,370 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ermigerd @Jukilian, thanks for teaching me pro strats.

Frosty#11533 if anyone wants to add me and see me fail brilliantly as Winston.
    Huh. Neat.
  • AesiAesi Member Posts: 1,212 @ - Epic Achaean
    Warrior#1640

Installing.

Prediction: great aim from quake/cs but lots to learn lol
    Aesi said:
    Warrior#1640

Installing.

Aim's only super-important for a few heroes. Decent aim will definitely make a difference with most of them, but it's not nearly as crucial and rarely as precise as a game like cs.
    Huh. Neat.
    Ahmet said:
    Aesi said:
    Warrior#1640

Installing.

Aim's only super-important for a few heroes. Decent aim will definitely make a difference with most of them, but it's not nearly as crucial and rarely as precise as a game like cs.
    If I was smart I'd have started it downloading before I went out drinking so by the time I started battling the hangover I'd have entertainment! *shakes fist*
  • OmorOmor Member Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Question for you guys:

I am a big fan of TF2, and this looks a lot like it. Is it worth it to shell out the 60 bucks, or should I stick with TF2 until the price drops a bit?
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
    Omor said:
    Question for you guys:

I am a big fan of TF2, and this looks a lot like it. Is it worth it to shell out the 60 bucks, or should I stick with TF2 until the price drops a bit?
    I was in love with TF2 as well, about 3/4ths done and I will tell you once I get a couple games in. 

From everything I've read it definitely seems worth it
  • AylekAylek Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Ahmet said:
    Aesi said:
    Warrior#1640

Installing.

Only one where I've seen that your aim has to be really good is McCree for single shots, everyone else can pretty much aim roughly at a target and get a hit box come up.
    Omor said:
    Question for you guys:

It's only $40 if you don't buy origins edition :bleep_bloop:

Huh. Neat.
    holy balls this is amazing.

love Mcree and widow but haven't tried them all
    Kyrra
  • LucianusLucianus Member Posts: 416 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Average noob: I dun wanna play Reindhart. He's boring! All he does is hold right click and shield the team!

Actual Reindhardt players: Wrecks your whole team with well-placed ults and ballsy offensives.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.

Free Community System for Achaea: TReX System <link here>
    - I have decided to become involve in developing and maintaining this community system for Achaea. Feel free to message me in-game or on forum for help or bugfixing.
    Achimrst
  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Lucianus said:
    Average noob: I dun wanna play Reindhart. He's boring! All he does is hold right click and shield the team!

Actual Reindhardt players: Wrecks your whole team with well-placed ults and ballsy offensives.
    Reindhart a boss.
    Winston > Reinhardt
    Huh. Neat.
  • OmorOmor Member Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Ahmet said:
    Omor said:
    Question for you guys:

It's only $40 if you don't buy origins edition :bleep_bloop:

You've got a point Ahmet, I just kinda glanced over the pricing, but $40 is still more than I want to shell out. :P But you guys are raving pretty hard about it...
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • ExelethrilExelethril Member Posts: 3,280 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The way you guys compare Overwatch characters reminds me of how I used to compare Pokemon with my friends back in grade school, "omg pikachu would totally kick charmander's butt yada yada".

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
    RomAchimrstIniar
    edited June 2016
    Winston is an absolute beast when paired with mercy I find. Tough to deal with.

I'm really enjoying Luci, Torbjorn(sp?), Widow, Hanzo, Soldier, and McCree

I like how it's relatively easy to jump into a position and learn it (tank, damage, etc) -- so I've been trying to learn all of them to be more versatile

Although McCree feels a little too powerful. You can literally pop a flash over Reinhardt's shield and Fan him down in short order. That with his ult, man he's devastating.

I haven't tried anything tank wise other than Reinhardt but lesbian Pink looks fun, as does the mech.

I played a bit this weekend. Level 27 ish.

Would anyone be interested if I set up an Achaea discord? 

Dont have to constrain it to over watch either.

edit: or does it exist now?
  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Someone used to have a GameVox we would BS in sometimes, so I wouldn't be against a discord.
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,276 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Quad kill with Mercy's pistol.

Well, that just happened.
    Jukilian
  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,646 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Eventually I want to pick this up, it looks like a MOBA-ish game I might actually be good at.

• MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 1,936 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    http://plays.tv/video/57553c1ca771054e55/play-of-the-game-for-once- 

Sometimes I can snipe alright, would show the rest of the game but I had a terrible second part when they chain kept me dead with Q's and team ganking.

(Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Taryius says, "Oops, thats not a foray. Thats two novices going at it in the wilderness."
  • LucianusLucianus Member Posts: 416 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Aesi said:
    Winston is an absolute beast when paired with mercy I find. Tough to deal with.

I'm really enjoying Luci, Torbjorn(sp?), Widow, Hanzo, Soldier, and McCree

I like how it's relatively easy to jump into a position and learn it (tank, damage, etc) -- so I've been trying to learn all of them to be more versatile

Although McCree feels a little too powerful. You can literally pop a flash over Reinhardt's shield and Fan him down in short order. That with his ult, man he's devastating.

I haven't tried anything tank wise other than Reinhardt but lesbian Pink looks fun, as does the mech.

I played a bit this weekend. Level 27 ish.

Would anyone be interested if I set up an Achaea discord? 

Dont have to constrain it to over watch either.

edit: or does it exist now?
    It'd be cool to have an Achaea discord for gaming. :)
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.

Free Community System for Achaea: TReX System <link here>
    - I have decided to become involve in developing and maintaining this community system for Achaea. Feel free to message me in-game or on forum for help or bugfixing.
    I should make some more clips from tonight. Hmm
    Aesi
    Jukilian said:
    I should make some more clips from tonight. Hmm
    Is there a demo feature ? Or do you guys have a twitch/hit box running all the time
    PlaysTV. Basically comes with ATI graphics cards, I think? It records everything while I'm playing and I can cut it up afterwards.
  • UlaUla Member Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Ultramoose#11736
  • BorranBorran Member Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I play it on XBone.

This. Oh my god
    Achimrst
  • ExelethrilExelethril Member Posts: 3,280 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I like the pyro with a backburner equipped the most, if you ambush an enemy team with an ubercharged medic ez win.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
Sign In to Comment.