Overwatch

Comments

• I have been loving Soldier76/Healer76/Sniper76 so much. So versatile.

That and dubstep, every time I drop his ult I wanna be like "yo check out my mixtape"
  • Uh oh...
  • Joined a team. Playing in the Gosugamers tourney Sunday. Eeeeee!

• i died.
  • Aesi said:

i died.
    Would be an adequate orgy IMO
  • SethSeth North Carolina
    http://plays.tv/video/575d7609d3d72e466a/had-some-fun-learning-new-characters-durnig-weekly-brawl-

Was playing the weekly brawl to force myself to play new characters. It was pretty fun!
  • I just caved in. Lovestruck#1380
  • Been playing Junkrat nonstop. I just love the outplays in close quarters.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Borran said:
    Been playing Junkrat nonstop. I just love the outplays in close quarters.
    I have to platform Pharrah because of people like you. I hope you're happy. 
    Huh. Neat.
  • I play pharah like I'm a six year old playing "the ground is lava" lol
  • edited June 2016
    Daeir said:
    Anyone else starting to find Widowmaker absolutely insufferable? Good ones can hold points by themselves, and the only real counter to her is either a Winston, or another Widowmaker.

I kind of just sigh when I tab and see one now, either on my team or on theirs.
    Posted by Jeff Kaplan
    06/13/2016 08:34 AMPosted by Paragus
    Are you able to comment at this point which characters may be getting adjustments at this point?

McCree and Widowmaker

Per blizzard forums: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745045439?page=5

I think she needs longer scope time and 149 damage on full on body shot IMO. As well as either get rid of, or tone the assault rifle way down, because with venom mine i can still solo a reaper with the right movement. Tracer played right is hard enough to hit but I destroy zenyatta over and over again
  • Longer scope time, longer time between shots, assault rifle nerf. No game actually benefits from having very strong snipers anyway, don't mind if she's nerfed into uselessness tbh
  • Kiet said:
    Longer scope time, longer time between shots, assault rifle nerf. No game actually benefits from having very strong snipers anyway, don't mind if she's nerfed into uselessness tbh
    When you have one character that can literally shut down a site in a pub on their own it's not a good thing
  • edited June 2016
    Hmm, ways to beat Widowmaker...

Reinhardt - Provide barrier and walk forward. Must rely on teammates to do the damage and kill her/others.
    Mei - If you can get in close enough, she's guaranteed dead.
    Reaper - Flank and destroy. Hope the assault rifle doesn't get you.
    Widowmaker - Counter snipe. Just ask @Minifie
    Anyone with a fast, accurate gun (D.Va zero suit, Mercy, as examples) - I've taken out several Widowmakers with spamming shots directly at her head.

Those are just the examples I can think of off the top of my head. She certainly could use toning down though.
  • edited June 2016
    Jukilian said:

Reinhardt - Provide barrier and walk forward. Must rely on teammates to do the damage and kill her/others.
    Anyone with a fast, accurate gun (D.Va zero suit, Mercy, as examples) - I've taken out several Widowmakers with spamming shots directly at her head.

Those are just the examples I can think of off the top of my head. She certainly could use toning down though.
    Aside from reaper and countersnipe good positioning/swapping it up/hookshot not fucking you over and slamming your face into a wall defeats all of that though

and then sometimes reaper gets mad because you hear the teleport and he gets shot in the face.

Reinhart goes down quick if you spam his shield before he can push.

and mei is the antichrist.

In all of these cases a better non widow will beat out the less good widow, but you really can't deny at all that widow can push the game into a teams favor way easier than she should be able to. Just like McStupid
  • Aesi said:
    Jukilian said:

Aside from reaper and countersnipe good positioning/swapping it up/hookshot not fucking you over and slamming your face into a wall defeats all of that though

and then sometimes reaper gets mad because you hear the teleport and he gets shot in the face.

In all of these cases a better non widow will beat out the less good widow, but you really can't deny at all that widow can push the game into a teams favor way easier than she should be able to. Just like McStupid
    Mccree could do it by a quadruple amputee who's been dead for over a century. A widow needs charged body shot nerfing (much like TF2 sniper) and a slight nerf to CQC, so that if you engage her close or her aim sucks doesn't matter that widow isn't doing anything worth while.
  • Minifie said:
    Aesi said:
    Jukilian said:

Mccree could do it by a quadruple amputee who's been dead for over a century. A widow needs charged body shot nerfing (much like TF2 sniper) and a slight nerf to CQC, so that if you engage her close or her aim sucks doesn't matter that widow isn't doing anything worth while.
    You people need to add me because solo queuing is making me want to hurt people.

warrior#1640

not opposed to playing on EU server either 
  • Aesi said:
    Minifie said:
    Aesi said:
    Jukilian said:

You people need to add me because solo queuing is making me want to hurt people.

warrior#1640

not opposed to playing on EU server either 
    Done, we can swap playing in each other's lag land.
  • edited June 2016
    I'll add you too. Then Minifie and I can both suffer US server lag.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Pharah's an excellent counter to Widow and I'm surprised nobody has mentioned yet. I've made a few Widows rage quit the game when I Pharah simply because I just kill them over and over. Rockets are so powerful and the splash damage often kills when they try to hide around corners as well.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Pharah's an excellent counter to Widow and I'm surprised nobody has mentioned yet. I've made a few Widows rage quit the game when I Pharah simply because I just kill them over and over. Rockets are so powerful and the splash damage often kills when they try to hide around corners as well.
    I suppose I haven't played a good enough pharah, I just continually pluck her out of the air or the ground
  • In my experience,  ^this is what happens. 

• McCree nerf is basically insignificant, he can still fan roll fan every single character in the game. Only bad McCrees that can somehow not aim at point blank will be affected.

Widow nerf extremely minor, won't do much except save tracer/zen/mechless dva from oneshot body shots, but since it's a semi-auto rifle anyway they'll still get owned by the next shot, lol
  • Yeah the quick scope movement fix will help juking widow vs widow but with a headshot damage boost I'm going to be destroying even more
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Aesi said:
    Yeah the quick scope movement fix will help juking widow vs widow but with a headshot damage boost I'm going to be destroying even more
    Headshot damage is the same. Bodyshot damage got nerfed.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Oh yep saw the multiplier increase and got excited but it balances with the damage drop