Overwatch

Comments

• Kyrra said:
    I wish there was a way to save game highlights, some of these are just so brilliant.

I figure if D3 can auto screenshot and save every HC death you have, Overwatch should have an option to save highlights before you quit the game.
    I have a program called PlaysTV that I can use to record games. I can then use it to go back and run over my highlights to re-record them to be sure as well. Records everything.

Speaking of which, I uploaded a few short clips from tonight. Guest starring @Minifie in them

http://plays.tv/u/Deluril

This was fun: 

http://plays.tv/video/5752d3567c62295c15/an-a-mei-zing-surprise-for-the-enemy-widowmaker-
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Ermigerd @Jukilian, thanks for teaching me pro strats.

Frosty#11533 if anyone wants to add me and see me fail brilliantly as Winston.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Warrior#1640

Installing.

Prediction: great aim from quake/cs but lots to learn lol
    Aesi said:
    Warrior#1640

Installing.

Aim's only super-important for a few heroes. Decent aim will definitely make a difference with most of them, but it's not nearly as crucial and rarely as precise as a game like cs.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Aesi said:
    Warrior#1640

Installing.

Aim's only super-important for a few heroes. Decent aim will definitely make a difference with most of them, but it's not nearly as crucial and rarely as precise as a game like cs.
    If I was smart I'd have started it downloading before I went out drinking so by the time I started battling the hangover I'd have entertainment! *shakes fist*
  • Question for you guys:

I am a big fan of TF2, and this looks a lot like it. Is it worth it to shell out the 60 bucks, or should I stick with TF2 until the price drops a bit?
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Omor said:
    Question for you guys:

I am a big fan of TF2, and this looks a lot like it. Is it worth it to shell out the 60 bucks, or should I stick with TF2 until the price drops a bit?
    I was in love with TF2 as well, about 3/4ths done and I will tell you once I get a couple games in. 

From everything I've read it definitely seems worth it
  • Ahmet said:
    Aesi said:
    Warrior#1640

Installing.

Only one where I've seen that your aim has to be really good is McCree for single shots, everyone else can pretty much aim roughly at a target and get a hit box come up.
    Omor said:
    Question for you guys:

It's only $40 if you don't buy origins edition :bleep_bloop:

Huh. Neat.
  • holy balls this is amazing.

love Mcree and widow but haven't tried them all
  • Average noob: I dun wanna play Reindhart. He's boring! All he does is hold right click and shield the team!

Actual Reindhardt players: Wrecks your whole team with well-placed ults and ballsy offensives.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • Lucianus said:
    Average noob: I dun wanna play Reindhart. He's boring! All he does is hold right click and shield the team!

Actual Reindhardt players: Wrecks your whole team with well-placed ults and ballsy offensives.
    Reindhart a boss.
    Winston > Reinhardt
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Omor said:
    Question for you guys:

It's only $40 if you don't buy origins edition :bleep_bloop:

You've got a point Ahmet, I just kinda glanced over the pricing, but $40 is still more than I want to shell out. :P But you guys are raving pretty hard about it...
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • The way you guys compare Overwatch characters reminds me of how I used to compare Pokemon with my friends back in grade school, "omg pikachu would totally kick charmander's butt yada yada".

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • edited June 2016
    Winston is an absolute beast when paired with mercy I find. Tough to deal with.

I'm really enjoying Luci, Torbjorn(sp?), Widow, Hanzo, Soldier, and McCree

I like how it's relatively easy to jump into a position and learn it (tank, damage, etc) -- so I've been trying to learn all of them to be more versatile

Although McCree feels a little too powerful. You can literally pop a flash over Reinhardt's shield and Fan him down in short order. That with his ult, man he's devastating.

I haven't tried anything tank wise other than Reinhardt but lesbian Pink looks fun, as does the mech.

I played a bit this weekend. Level 27 ish.

Would anyone be interested if I set up an Achaea discord? 

Dont have to constrain it to over watch either.

edit: or does it exist now?
  • Someone used to have a GameVox we would BS in sometimes, so I wouldn't be against a discord.
  • Eventually I want to pick this up, it looks like a MOBA-ish game I might actually be good at.

• http://plays.tv/video/57553c1ca771054e55/play-of-the-game-for-once- 

Sometimes I can snipe alright, would show the rest of the game but I had a terrible second part when they chain kept me dead with Q's and team ganking.
  • Aesi said:
    Winston is an absolute beast when paired with mercy I find. Tough to deal with.

I'm really enjoying Luci, Torbjorn(sp?), Widow, Hanzo, Soldier, and McCree

I like how it's relatively easy to jump into a position and learn it (tank, damage, etc) -- so I've been trying to learn all of them to be more versatile

Although McCree feels a little too powerful. You can literally pop a flash over Reinhardt's shield and Fan him down in short order. That with his ult, man he's devastating.

I haven't tried anything tank wise other than Reinhardt but lesbian Pink looks fun, as does the mech.

I played a bit this weekend. Level 27 ish.

Would anyone be interested if I set up an Achaea discord? 

Dont have to constrain it to over watch either.

edit: or does it exist now?
    It'd be cool to have an Achaea discord for gaming. :)
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • I should make some more clips from tonight. Hmm
  • Jukilian said:
    I should make some more clips from tonight. Hmm
    Is there a demo feature ? Or do you guys have a twitch/hit box running all the time
  • PlaysTV. Basically comes with ATI graphics cards, I think? It records everything while I'm playing and I can cut it up afterwards.
  • Ultramoose#11736
  • I play it on XBone.

• This. Oh my god
  • I like the pyro with a backburner equipped the most, if you ambush an enemy team with an ubercharged medic ez win.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• edited June 2016
    Some more videos from my playing Overwatch!

I enjoy playing Mei a lot:
    http://plays.tv/video/5756a73784441d92ee/mei-route-66
    http://plays.tv/video/5756a58338f90a04ac/mei-gibraltar

http://plays.tv/video/5756a65dd80b90a120/lucio-nepal

Typical Rip-Tyre kills:
    http://plays.tv/video/5756a8147fdb504b78/junkrat-lijiang-tower
    http://plays.tv/video/5756a4c993ab6732f0/junkrat-kings-row

Edit: I finally got the achievement on Junkrat for blowing an enemy hero onto my trap using my concussion bomb.
  • Watching anyone play games isn't really that fun without all the Twitch emoticon spam  :/

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]