The Bal'met event

Comments

• Tirac said:
    Seriously guys? I ignored the idiots and had fun, just like every other day in Achaea. Epic conclusion to an epic event, only slightly tarnished by the antics of idiots and massive lag during the start. Did not see demigodhood coming for all of us.

Also does this mean the player behind Sarapis is leaving as well? Hopefully not because he and Tecton have really been bringing their A-game lately.
    I echo the bolded. Achaea has been -so- much better since Sarapis popped back in. Please, stay? Tecton has also been doing a great job.

• I don't believe people hated it as much as they just love to complain.

Overall, pretty cool and had fun..
  • Oh I definitely realize you're not about to jump straight into another one, lol. Just hoping this is the beginning of smaller-scale ones more often, on top of occasional larger ones.
  • The part about the Fire in Sarapis' last speech was interesting, would love to see what impact it has on IG ideologies regarding Creation/Chaos. 

The event itself was epic. The lag was awful, especially while hunting shades, where my commands were going in a full 5 minutes after I'd typed them. But eh, I had fun! From where I was standing, it was only a minority indulging in idiocy, easily ignored. 
    For beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror, which we are still just able to endure,
    and we are so awed because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
  • Barring the unfortunate lag, the event was awesome.

• Also, the endgame:

As the gruesome likenesses fall to the Gods, They draw nearer and nearer to the true form of Bal'met.
     Finally, Bal'met stands alone amidst the ring of encroaching deities.

Across the battlefields and plains of Achaea, the voice of Aegis, God of War resounds like thunder, 
    "You have managed the one thing that has never happened before, Bal'met. You have at last united all 
    of the Gods in a single purpose: Your defeat. Sartan cast you into Nishnatoba, intending it to be a 
    prison. Now it will be your grave."

Furiously the Gods hurl fire, lightning, and myriad magics unknown to mortal apprehension. Lighting 
    the skies and shaking the planes, They act with one accord to divert Bal'met from His terrible 
    purpose.

Beautiful and awesome in Her growing power, Aurora stands alone, unmoving and focused. Once more She 
    wields the Sword of Dunamis in Her hands, and hungry fire courses down the blade's length.

With murmured words Deucalion begins to direct the prayers of the faithful into a shining shield, 
    standing beside Aurora and protecting Her with His arm extended.

Nodding to Deucalion, Aurora advances, the Sword of Dunamis extended as Her own arm.

Booming with laughter, Bal'met lashes out at the Lightbringer, cracking whips of force that tear at 
    Her like seething whips of pure pain.

Aurora continues Her assault, augmented by the unwavering attacks of the Gods that surround Bal'met, 
    and Deucalion cries out in pain as He takes His bloodsworn's wounds upon Himself.

Rich motes of lucent clarity suffuse the skies as the Lightbringer evokes, "Aeon has foreseen your 
    fall. By Our hands you will be unmade, and His vision will come to pass."

Drawing back the blazing Sword of Dunamis, Aurora lunges forward and buries it in Bal'met, and a 
    ghastly chorus of a thousand wailing voices tears across the planes.

Unforming and writhing upon the blade, Bal'met claws out at Aurora with devastating brutality, but 
    She stays firm, holding the hilt steady as the Gods strain, overcoming the diminishing god with the 
    strength of Their combined powers.

With an ear-splitting cry that shakes the foundations of every plane, causing the seas to swell and 
    the skies to weep tears, Bal'met is forced to relinquish His grasp on reality.

Held hostage by the Blade of Dunamis, Bal'met perishes in agony, utterly destroyed by the magnified 
    power of the Pantheon.

• Bal'met may be gone, but there are still a lot of things yet to be resolved. Many of the adventurers of Sapience are still somewhat disenfranchised at the moment, namely the former citizens of Shallam, the former followers of Kastalia and Lorielan for example.

• The Xorani plague is still around as well.

• Is the zombie dragon who is no longer a zombie still alive? And going to make people dragons again? I got spammed out and couldn't tell who lived and who died...
  • It's a tad frustrating.

• Loved the event, and I love the fact that I can sit here forging for the house newbies for a bit even though I'm a Bard.
  • There will always be questions left unanswered after a war. It is a matter of waiting to see what happens and how we play it out ourselves.

Brilliant, epic work, everyone. To the staff, the players…bar the lag…it was an amazing feat. Kudos to everyone.

Also: Demigod powers. Awesome. Got to play with setting up every possible defence known to man :D
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Oh and sorry, the spam of people saying History was kinda my fault, I did History Gods, trying to catch what Phaestus has said, but it still went through to the chat for some reason, and people starting spamming history. My bad :(
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    It was okay for the non-mana users but I leaned on my stormhammer macro trying to get attacks in until I ran out of mana trying to chase balance >_>

But the lag aside, it was amazing :,)

• Dracot said:
    Oh and sorry, the spam of people saying History was kinda my fault, I did History Gods, trying to catch what Phaestus has said, but it still went through to the chat for some reason, and people starting spamming history. My bad :(

This is how it probably went.

Gods: Dracot says "History"

ten other people think: hey, history, I wonder if there's anything interesting there. He must have screwed it up, let's try it.

... outcome.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Dracot said:
    Oh and sorry, the spam of people saying History was kinda my fault, I did History Gods, trying to catch what Phaestus has said, but it still went through to the chat for some reason, and people starting spamming history. My bad :(
    You deserve to burn for that one -,-
  • In other news. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED IT!!

Asmo went a bit crazy afterwards with all his powers abusing them left and right (sorry Hashan D:).

Other than that, I feel this event still has many unanswered questions for future stories. What happened to Ashaxei's father? What will the refugees do now? With the Pentad and Creator gone, what will become of Achaea? Is this the dawn of a new age in Achaea? Will the Calendar be reset for A.S (After Sarapis)? More and more!.

Also:

You raise your fists above your head.
    Concentrating briefly, you cause rippling crimson fire to flow from the heavens
    above into a ball of energy between your upraised fists. Scornfully, you throw
    your fists forward, sending a beam of crackling energy to incinerate a colossal
    Dala'myrr. The final blow proves too much for a colossal Dala'myrr, who expires
    pitifully.

^ win. Game over. Achaea life complete.
  • I never did get to zap anything. :( Katz is far too responsible to ignore orders and return zaps from enemies, and the Dala'myrr died too quickly to get one off.

• Katzchen said:
    I never did get to zap anything. :( Katz is far too responsible to ignore orders and return zaps from enemies, and the Dala'myrr died too quickly to get one off.
    Phrasing.

• Idelisa said:
    Katzchen said:
    I never did get to zap anything. :( Katz is far too responsible to ignore orders and return zaps from enemies, and the Dala'myrr died too quickly to get one off.
    Phrasing.
    Bit of a stretch there.

• Let the record show, I landed the killing blow on zombie Matsuhama! Seriously though, awesome conclusion. Huge kudos to all involved.
  • Clearly not in my brain.

• I do have something to say but I'm a little not happy at the moment, so I'll just shut up. For once.
  • Tanris said:

Absolutely outstanding ending to the event. Sure it was laggy, but you had over 100 people in one room at points spamming their bashing macro, you can't really expect anything else. I for one was far happier at least having the opportunity to have that pretty character defining opportunity to participate in that way. Being able to say that your character participated in a war on the scale of the war of humanity is something its unlikely any other people will get the opportunity to do, or at least not for rl years (you can't exactly whip up a god-eating entity every month or so).

Sure, people can say they'd have preferred the emotes, but I'm calling bs. If you'd had those two options laid on the table from the start, lag or not the vast majority would have wanted it this way.

Plus, the content was just epic, as Delphinus said. You got to face off with twisted shades of divinities while empowered by Maya, then the conclusion speech by Sarapis was one of the most emotional pieces I think we've seen in a very long time.

On that note, has anyone prayed yet? Assuming Maya's gone,  I was wondering how that'd changed.

I got zapped by someone a bit after the whole thing.  Still no difference.
  • Asmodron said:

Dracot said:
    You deserve to burn for that one -,-
    I'm sorry. I'm sorryyyyyyyyyyy.