Titanic CTF

Comments

• Personally I think we should have gotten rid of the effigy a long time ago. Or it gives a double xp bonus for a week or something. The pattern of strongest city wins CTF, gets stronger by being even more attractive for the next six months is tiring.

The CTF is a fun game, but does it really need any more of a reward than bragging rights, maybe some sort of shiny statue for the city.

• edited December 2015
    Except that Nature's very much an enemy of Targossas as well. Unless you really want to amnesia-dust them murdering your denizens for blood rituals, raiding, blowing tanks in your city, writing posts threatening to destroy you, etc. Amnesia-dust RP ftw
  • Generally, realistic characters and factions take being constantly attacked and threatened with extermination as a reason to hold someone as an enemy, too.
  • Targ is getting blasted a lot even though their ideology pretty much says "even if you have to do bad things and break laws to weaken evil/chaos do it".

What about the Eleusians who accepted the help/offer?
  • 'Vying' = the last speaker and the current one? As far as I know, there's only one Hierophant that hasn't been an enemy of Targ in a while, too.

Yeah, there's a historical basis for them winning if they help each other... And Mhaldor/Ashtan were basically completely unbeatable when they were together, yet they drifted apart based on conscious decisions made by the players that that wasn't good for the game and made for less interesting RP. Part of the annoyance here is that Targossas only pays lipservice to the unspoken agreement of 'every city for itself' that's been the norm for years.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA

Jarrod said:
    When every city except Cyrene is hostile towards your city...
    Whoa. Whoa. Whoa, bro. We totally tried to Breathrain/holobomb one of your hills. Let's not take our ineptitude for a lack of hate.

Ainly said:
    I seriously think of Targossas as physical proof that Evil beat Good.
    Smugness, on part of any faction, toward any other faction, is a dull and predictable reaction. Inevitable, perhaps, but boring.
    Tesha said:
    I threw that eye sigil. Owned you.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • edited December 2015
    It's all good. Let's bring back Mhashtan ad let the tears start flowing. @Jhui, @Xinna, let's get on dis. We didn't even do it for the Reckoning event :(
  • No Ashtan. I like that whatever we accomplish, it's actually accomplished by our own city.

• Man, Mhaldor really can't deal with losing at all, can they? :/

It's CTF, which is a game. It's not like it's "Ideologically pure City-versus-City conflict." People've always done slightly questionable things during Y700 events that really shouldn't ever be taken as the measure of a City's actual stance/position. I'm one hundred percent fine with Targossas helping Mhaldor lose a CTF. Wouldn't be okay with Targossas fighting a war for Eleusis (which it hasn't, and won't).

And it's funny to see that some of you, whom I very distinctly remember have taken dives to not gain points in order to just mess with others' chances to win CTFs throughout the year, whining so hard about the shoe being on the other foot. Pretty much everyone here, in some alt or another, I'm sure, has actually done that to another faction, so, forreal, take it easy.
  • edited December 2015
    Honestly, it wasn't Targossas. It was Tesha and maybe a few people who were defending Shastaan, potentially without even realizing it was Eleusis' flag at the time (we had Shastaan for the entire CTF before then). Eleusis was still attacking Tesha on sight. 

Arguing about whether a motivation is acceptable or not isn't going to be particularly beneficial, because we all play characters in different factions. Perspective is highly important. I'm getting that from Mhaldor's perspective it was entirely unjustifiable IC because they don't see Mhaldor as being any more of an enemy to Targossas than Eleusis. Targossas doesn't really seem to get how it isn't obvious that Eleusis is far less of an enemy compared to Mhaldor. 

The thing is, arguing about what's right and wrong isn't going to get anywhere. Sometimes it's best to just agree to disagree, and there doesn't seem like there's going to be any changing Mhaldor's mind or Targossas' mind. And that's okay. I just hope they don't think it's out of OOC hatred or anything like that, it's fine if they think the reasoning is flawed, though. 

I think that believing people hate you/your faction OOCly would be really unhealthy, and that it would probably lead to behavior that isn't particularly great. At the end of the day it's important to remember that it's just a game, and try not to feel like IC actions mean ill OOC feelings, much less were motivated by such. It's probably naive to hope that the majority of such a small community can be friends, but at the very least I hope there aren't any lingering feelings of OOC animosity. 

i'm a rebel

• edited December 2015
    To me it was just a shitty thing to do OOCly. Let a city fight their own battles.

• Moar logs/combo ideas
  • This was my first CTF and I did not know what to expect! It was very messy half the time because there were so many people to hit but I think I enjoyed the experience. Despite having access to all other skills, I feel like I was overwhelmed with what I could do and fell back into using the skills I was most familiar with.

Whoever dropped all those holocausts while phased, they really hurt! And I hope I will never find myself in the same room as Jarrod and Crixos. They locked me so fast that I did not even have the chance to run.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited December 2015
    Anedhel said:
    Man, Mhaldor really can't deal with losing at all, can they? :/
    These are pretty much the only kind of comments I have protested against in the whole of the thread (the above, the "petulant" comments, etc). Everything else I've discussed fairly level-headedly. I disagree with what Targossas did (and yes, Tesha, you do represent your city in such a large event, even if it wasn't a complete city-wide effort) did (obviously), but it's their decision to make.

But srs, there's really nothing else left to discuss. The divine of Targ at least support it, I imagine Eleusian ones don't give a damn, ours is busy building a brothel deep in the Inferno, and Mhaldor will just have to try for their first CTF win another time.

Edit: I am all for discussion of crazy skills and logs, mind. I wish I had more time to play with things. I didn't even get to check out much except that I have 44% devotion left still.

Edit edit: I'm so tired, what is english.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I'd like to also point out that I spent the last 15 minutes trying to take an Eleusian flag because I had no idea we were helping them. Also, true wracking dsl combos what?

• Gonna be honest, I'm jealous of you all, I so wanted to play but rostered on 6 days this week ugh. Can I has my own titanic CTF please @tecton?
  • Who took Barkskin, Diamondskin, toughness, weathering, vitality, fury, runes and scales and went bashing?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited December 2015
    Watchman said:
    @Tesha always has the worst plans, and NO one should ever listen to them.

..especially not Tesha.
    I don't know, some of them had a certain flair.

I forgot I could evade out of gravehands in the "I love you" log from Tharos, too. Actually, I forgot I could evade repeatedly. I guess dirge went to my head a bit, because I was having far too much fun making gravehands go away.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Aegoth said:
    Except that Nature's very much an enemy of Targossas as well. Unless you really want to amnesia-dust them murdering your denizens for blood rituals, raiding, blowing tanks in your city, writing posts threatening to destroy you, etc. Amnesia-dust RP ftw
    Eleusis isn't an enemy of Creation, which is what Targossas cares about. They're at most an annoyance that sometimes distracts us from doing the important work of countering Evil, Darkness and Chaos, there's not really a need for us to do anything except ignore them unless they give us a reason to.
  • That's just it though, they put a decent amount of effort into giving you a reason to. I saw lots of them trying to escalate conflict, and lots of Targ trying to avoid it.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Jarrod said:
    That's just it though, they put a decent amount of effort into giving you a reason to. I saw lots of them trying to escalate conflict, and lots of Targ trying to avoid it.
    Thing is surely they'd have to outevil and destroy mhaldor for them to rate a mention against Targossas though?
  • I guess actively trying to stop you from being able to impact Creation at all (whether to improve or remove others) isn't a good enough reason.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Jarrod said:
    That's just it though, they put a decent amount of effort into giving you a reason to. I saw lots of them trying to escalate conflict, and lots of Targ trying to avoid it.
    Targ did make a couple of raids on Eleusis during that period. Just off the top of my head, there was one lengthy brawl that I missed, another that resulted in a couple of fishing rooms destroyed, and then that really fun one that went for ~3 hours.

It's sort of a shame, because I liked getting raided by them for a change of pace (it's usually Mhaldor).
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I thought Targ originally had the stance "if you're not with us and one of us, then you're against us" but now it appears that's not quite the case as they've become more tolerant over time. Although I am not complaining, nor do I care about how the CTF turned out since it has no impact on rogue life, but Targ has seemed to change from what it set out to be originally.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Finally managed to ruin Christmas. Good Job @tesha, same deal next year.

@Mhaldor bring it! We're hardened logosmas grief veterans.
  • Jarrod said:
    I guess actively trying to stop you from being able to impact Creation at all (whether to improve or remove others) isn't a good enough reason.
    Honestly I know very little of new Targ, but from my position I'd just assume that good would be all about hindering and stopping evil as it's main purpose, even if it means letting other enemies succeed. Basically I think if ashtan/hashan/cyrene had of replaced Mhaldor in that position they would have done nothing, but the thought process would be "just stop evil at any costs!" If Sylvaria was mhaldorian or Targossian I'd RP that to the hilt, where either or I'd be fixated on stopping the other, eleusis/ashtan/hashan be damned
This discussion has been closed.