Titanic CTF

Comments

• I'm not saying the decision was a good one, but I could see a scenario where the RP works.

"We're not going to win. Eleusis and Mhaldor are close. I really don't want Evil to win, I'd rather see Nature win. Lets help them"

That's not accounting for the obvious feelings of Eleusis towards Targossas, as you and I both have heard from people in TMC, Targossas doesn't feel Eleusis is an enemy. I disagree with this thought process, but I can see how that could be approached and decided upon IG.

Also it was a single person that did it, so again, it could have been an IC decision. Whether or not it was, we'll never really know.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Kiet said:
    Kasya said:
    Kiet said:
    Aquil said:
    No one is saying that. Can we all just drop it? This is becoming a rant thread, seriously, take it somewhere else guys. 
    The people yelling about 'tantrums' aren't saying that, really?
    Yeah. I yelled that ICly... but if you think I think that OOCly I suggest you reread my post.
    Re-read the posts on this page, I'm pretty sure the forums aren't IC, so those posts up there are OOCly calling it a tantrum!
    Oh. Sorry! Long day! I should just log of the forums now.
  • Atalkez said:
    Also it was a single person that did it, so again, it could have been an IC decision. Whether or not it was, we'll never really know.
    There was a group of Targossians actively defending the Eleusis flag in Shastaan until Hashan eventually killed them and uprooted.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Ainly said:
    If that's the way they choose to play it.  But, and I say this OOC, Targossas has a very slimy feel to it. It doesn't feel like the city of Good.  It's...I don't know.  Pretending to be Good? I mean one thing that pervades all good factions in general is that they're honest, upright, and principled.  Targossas is more...the ends justify the means.

Slimy Good. I dig it. :awesome: 
  • Jarrod said:
    Atalkez said:
    There was a group of Targossians actively defending the Eleusis flag in Shastaan until Hashan eventually killed them and uprooted.
    Ah, I thought the biggest issue was the flag being handed over. I can see how they go hand in hand, and defending the flag they just handed making it even harder. I got ya.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Ainly said:
    Atalkez said:
    While I understand why Mhaldor isn't happy about Tesha doing what she did, at the same time from a Targossas perspective Eleusis is by far the lesser of two proverbial Evils in that scenario.

I don't think it's really that bad to make a decision to support an enemy of your enemy, to thwart an enemy from winning, when you're obviously out of contention. It does against RP, but if you look at RP as you would morals IRL, it's not just a static state of being. They're going to alter and adjust based on situations.

With that said, it would be better to have everyone stand on their own, win or lose. That didn't happen, and it sucks, but it's not that big of a stretch either.
    If that's the way they choose to play it.  But, and I say this OOC, Targossas has a very slimy feel to it. It doesn't feel like the city of Good.  It's...I don't know.  Pretending to be Good? I mean one thing that pervades all good factions in general is that they're honest, upright, and principled.  Targossas is more...the ends justify the means.
    Apart from this whole CTF thing, I think that's part of the point of the city - it's rough and tumble Good. I think one of the Axioms of Righteousness is: If a law prevents you from your task, rewrite it. If a moral gives you pause, expunge it. If a man stands in your way, cut him down.
    That's my point though.  It's subjective good.  But who decides?  Shouldn't what's good now always be good no matter what? Seems like an axiom that gives them a free pass to justify any act as long as it helps them reach their goal, but if the acts become corrupt enough, havn't they defeated their initial purpose?  I seriously think of Targossas as physical proof that Evil beat Good. Not by causing events that lead to the destruction of Shallam, but by forcing Good to change what it believed in.

For example, from the Holy Codex, Deucalion writes, "My realm is that of goodness as the codex states, goodness is not a relative term that one defines for him or herself, but it instead an eternal absolute, a holistic truth that is unchanging, regardless of the circumstances."

That is in direct contradiction to what their new axiom says. Thus, what are they now?
  • Who was in that group anyways? 
  • I think this thread needs some good closing. Mhhhmmm..
  • edited December 2015
    @Ainly, I don't know the answers but sounds like some good IC discussion/debate opportunity for you and Targossians? Philosophies with shades of grey are probably more fun to talk about...
  • Sad I missed out on this and can not comment more on all the crocodile tears.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Probably a better conversation to have IG than the forums, but Good is not the same thing as good. At all.
  • Just remember, no amount of destroyed rooms and killed guards will get that effigy back. gg no re

just kidding I wasn't there for either ctf or raid
  • Daeir said:
    Mhaldor wins staff = gets congratulations from Targossian champion, gg's all alround

Mhaldor loses CTF = last 2 pages of this thread

Haha, oh wow.
    Not really the same things in the context of this conversation, though!

• edited December 2015
    But can we reminisce about how awesome crystalism and holocaust are with phasing? And Tesha repeatedly killing like 10 people at once?

Edit: also wanted to commend Tesha for, at the very beginning, stressing that everyone just have fun, above all else. Was a blast.

• Daeir said:
    Mhaldor wins staff = gets congratulations from Targossian champion, gg's all around

Mhaldor loses CTF = last 2 pages of this thread

Haha, oh wow.
    Almost as if Mhaldor didn't team up with Ashtan or something to ruin Targ's time :open_mouth: 

• Alaskar said:
    But can we reminisce about how awesome crystalism and holocaust are with phasing?
    And people with 9k+ health in lesserform plus so much mitigation that we could literally sit there and laugh at the holos while occasionally transmuting health.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Alaskar said:
    But can we reminisce about how awesome crystalism and holocaust are with phasing?
    What did we learn today?

That the Fiery Conflagrations of Hell evidently transcend space and time, lol
  • @Daeir complaining about someone else being salty... what a time to be alive.

• I'm just glad that Mhaldor is still big and bad enough that people will team up on them to see them lose.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Aepas said:
    I'm just glad that Mhaldor is still big and bad enough that people will team up on them to see them lose.
    Actually it was because my restaurant ran out of salt and I wanted a free supply for christmas ;)
  • The flag from Tesha and mini Targ defense was just a little push albeit sufficient to push us into the lead, we were trailing relatively close behind throughout.

A portion of Mhaldor's loss was due to overextension and poorly defended hills too. Plus that was pretty much all of Mhaldor's core, minus one or two people. If all the Eleusian fighters that were active over the past year decided to log in for this, the nature of this thread would be quite different.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • ITT confirmed: Targ salty over losing Staff of Nicator, teams Mhaldor for righteous vengeance. Will this finally balance the scales of what necessitates retribution, bringing peace to the lands? As we're just 5 days away from Christmas and someone still has to ruin it: not a chance!
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    The flag from Tesha and mini Targ defense was just a little push albeit sufficient to push us into the lead, we were trailing relatively close behind throughout.

A portion of Mhaldor's loss was due to overextension and poorly defended hills too. Plus that was pretty much all of Mhaldor's core, minus one or two people. If all the Eleusian fighters that were active over the past year decided to log in for this, the nature of this thread would be quite different.
    We were 1800 points in the lead when Tesha gave over the flag and they started to help. We were doing quite fine (and while we lost some, we always gained back what we lost in short order), and would have likely succeeded without that step-in, unless you suddenly had a good force of people suddenly log in.

And... your last statement is kind of obvious. Yes, you have more people. And? I'm not sure how it relates. Mhaldor's always been small, everyone knows this. If you had won with purely your own people, we would indeed be having a different conversation.

I'm not saying you guys didn't do a good job - you did! - but to say you got a little push is downplaying it a fair amount.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
This discussion has been closed.