Titanic CTF

Comments

• I personally found it rather unprofessional with the titan mechanics. First introduced with the bugs, after being promised for some time. Then, told it'll have to wait for next time (from the obvious bugs). I personally was only sticking around to enjoy the lovely "all class" mechanics, but when it was announced it wont be implemented, I decided to go do something else. Then...apparently, after 1 hour, it was randomly initiated after all?....after having just told us it'll have to wait for the next CTF?

So now, not only did I not get to enjoy the mechanics, but apparently I missed out on them because of faulty public speaking?

Unhappy.
  • Veldrin said:
    what Alliance? Tesha gave Eleusis the flag then told everyone to 'go on the offensive' which meant some just stopped participating in the CTF right there and then
    I'm not sure what you would call Targossians sitting on the flag in Shastaan defending it after literally giving the flag to them to plant. Alliance fits.

No surprise though, this is the Xth CTF in a row where the same thing has happened, just wish a Targ or Eleusian God would actually crack down on them about it.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Lavakhi said:
    No Inb4, already throwing a temper tantrum in Targossas. Ololol
    You can't really expect people to be OOCly polite re: their ingame actions when the other side doesn't.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited December 2015
    Mhaldor does throw the best tantrums.
    @Kiet You mean everyone is just used to Mhaldor throwing a fit like usual?

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited December 2015
    Tbh, the forum reactions make it pretty clear that people's hatred for Mhaldor is more OOC than IC, hence proving my earlier point. If you want to hate on a text game faction OOCly and act on it, okay, go for it! Don't exactly expect that faction to hold back out of OOC respect then, though?
    edited December 2015
    People hate on Mhaldor for a reason, dear <3
    Personally, I don't hate them. But I am not surprised if people do for the stuff they tend to pull.

• Kiet said:
    Lavakhi said:
    You can't really expect people to be OOCly polite re: their ingame actions when the other side doesn't.
    We're not talking about being polite OOCly. We're talking about...

21+ guards slain and three rooms blown up with no one to dismantle. 
    15 Mhaldorians vs 6 Targossians. Rolling on 2 hours now.  :+1: 
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    I'm more sympathetic to Mhaldor OOCly than ICly to be fair. ;)
  • Lavakhi said:
    Kiet said:
    Lavakhi said:

If Targ wants to assist Eleusis then have all its defenders QQ afterwards, I'm not sure why you think we should just go "Oh, I guess they don't deserve retaliation because they left".

If you don't want this kind of thing to happen, don't help another city because of OOC dislike every CTF!
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

Yeah, yeah. I am sure you have to take your revenge on an empty city. Much too effort to wait until they can defend themselves.

Just as usual, Mhaldor

• Letters. 

394.jpg 28.9K

• edited December 2015
    Lavakhi said:
    Kiet said:
    Lavakhi said:

The only reason to not guard-wipe and to keep numbers even is OOC politeness. There's no IC reason to not grief the other faction out of the game--it's simply that people understand that it's OOCly quite rude. This was something that Dethea basically beat into Mhaldor back in the day. A lot of the combatants in Mhaldor are very restrained these days compared to what they once were. But when the other side chooses to, well, kind of flip that concept off, who's going to honestly go 'oh, we should still be nice?'

Like Jarrod said, no one forced half of Targ to quit when the inevitable and predictable raid came, either. Including the person that brought this on Targ, coincidentally!
  • Tbf that's not even 'griefy' so while I'm arguing philosophically here, Mhaldor's not really doing anything that spiteful anyway. Targ decided to shout  IC and taunt over it, Targ did an IC action against Mhaldor, Targ gets retaliated against ICly. 20 guards is hardly that bad.
  • Shirszae said:
    Mhaldor does throw the best tantrums.
    @Kiet You mean everyone is just used to Mhaldor throwing a fit like usual?
    Truth and eventually they usually get bright shiny toys or other cities blown up. Just waiting... pass the popcorn will you?
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • sigh..
  • edited December 2015
    I'm also confused that Mhaldor responding IC is seen as petulant and Targ helping Eleusis beat Mhaldor for OOC reasons (both enemies, but they dislike Mhaldor) is not.

• No one is saying that. Can we all just drop it? This is becoming a rant thread, seriously, take it somewhere else guys. 
  • Atalkez said:
    While I understand why Mhaldor isn't happy about Tesha doing what she did, at the same time from a Targossas perspective Eleusis is by far the lesser of two proverbial Evils in that scenario.

I don't think it's really that bad to make a decision to support an enemy of your enemy, to thwart an enemy from winning, when you're obviously out of contention. It does against RP, but if you look at RP as you would morals IRL, it's not just a static state of being. They're going to alter and adjust based on situations.

With that said, it would be better to have everyone stand on their own, win or lose. That didn't happen, and it sucks, but it's not that big of a stretch either.
    If that's the way they choose to play it.  But, and I say this OOC, Targossas has a very slimy feel to it. It doesn't feel like the city of Good.  It's...I don't know.  Pretending to be Good? I mean one thing that pervades all good factions in general is that they're honest, upright, and principled.  Targossas is more...the ends justify the means.
  • Aquil said:
    No one is saying that. Can we all just drop it? This is becoming a rant thread, seriously, take it somewhere else guys. 
    The people yelling about 'tantrums' aren't saying that, really?
  • Rangor said:
    Totally have to get back to making Eleusis one of the bad guys in Targ eyes.

Who are you?

No but seriously we totally do it to piss you off.
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Kiet said:
    Tbf that's not even 'griefy' so while I'm arguing philosophically here, Mhaldor's not really doing anything that spiteful anyway. Targ decided to shout  IC and taunt over it, Targ did an IC action against Mhaldor, Targ gets retaliated against ICly. 20 guards is hardly that bad.
    And the bank and the post office and the news. ;)

I didn't even stay logged in enough to process how Kas felt about the Eleusis thing, because that's another story and it's been too long of a day. But OOCly, I don't blame Mhaldor at all. Just frustrating to log in to the middle of something you had nothing to do with when all you really wanna do is help build a sandman. ;)
  • Ainly said:
    Atalkez said:
    While I understand why Mhaldor isn't happy about Tesha doing what she did, at the same time from a Targossas perspective Eleusis is by far the lesser of two proverbial Evils in that scenario.

I don't think it's really that bad to make a decision to support an enemy of your enemy, to thwart an enemy from winning, when you're obviously out of contention. It does against RP, but if you look at RP as you would morals IRL, it's not just a static state of being. They're going to alter and adjust based on situations.

With that said, it would be better to have everyone stand on their own, win or lose. That didn't happen, and it sucks, but it's not that big of a stretch either.
    If that's the way they choose to play it.  But, and I say this OOC, Targossas has a very slimy feel to it. It doesn't feel like the city of Good.  It's...I don't know.  Pretending to be Good? I mean one thing that pervades all good factions in general is that they're honest, upright, and principled.  Targossas is more...the ends justify the means.
    Apart from this whole CTF thing, I think that's part of the point of the city - it's rough and tumble Good. I think one of the Axioms of Righteousness is: If a law prevents you from your task, rewrite it. If a moral gives you pause, expunge it. If a man stands in your way, cut him down.
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Kiet said:
    Aquil said:
    No one is saying that. Can we all just drop it? This is becoming a rant thread, seriously, take it somewhere else guys. 
    Yeah. I yelled that ICly... but if you think I think that OOCly I suggest you reread my post.
  • Kiet said:
    Aquil said:
    You're trying to restart when I'm trying to disarm. Targ can say whatever they want, but I frankly hate when I try to bring friends into the game and they look at forums or look into the game and they read threads like this where it's nothing but snark, bias, favortism, and people being rude to each other. We're supposed to be a community and a family, and honestly, the games in the game only bring out the worst in people. Things make sense in an IC standing point, but all this OoC hate and bringing down what the admin worked so hard on. 

I just want to see positive posts from all sides that doesn't include factions yelling at each other other posts, then allies from the factions like their posts. There's clear OoC reactions from Mhaldor regardless what anyone says, there's also clear reactions from Targossas, fine. We have emotions, but that's no reason to make this thread into the TMC.
  • Jarrod said:
    I'm also confused that Mhaldor responding IC is seen as petulant and Targ helping Eleusis beat Mhaldor for OOC reasons (both enemies, but they dislike Mhaldor) is not.
    You're assuming ooc reasons. Could easily have made that decision IC.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Kasya said:
    Kiet said:
    Aquil said:
    Yeah. I yelled that ICly... but if you think I think that OOCly I suggest you reread my post.
    Re-read the posts on this page, I'm pretty sure the forums aren't IC, so those posts up there are OOCly calling it a tantrum!
  • edited December 2015
    When every city except Cyrene is hostile towards your city, I fail to see how assisting one of them when it has no chance of resulting in the victory of Good is an IC decision. It's a "We want Nature to win" decision, when Nature is actively hostile towards Targossas.

For those who think Nature/Targ aren't hostile towards each other, there was this post by some guy who probably has a decent representation of Eleusis:
    PUBLIC NEWS #19754                                      (10/11/2015 at 09:28)  
    From   : Wildguard Rangor Corten, Seer of the Forest
    To     : Micaelis Bayt al-Azhan, Sefyric Prince
    Subject: The Dawnspear
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Greetings Sefyric Prince,

How special you must feel, to believe you have been singled out amongst all the urban cities. I can 
    assure you, we seek to spread Nature's influence to all your sorry souls equally.

Since it appears you are interested in learning, I can only encourage you to seek out the Heartwood 
    and Scions to learn of our Theology and beliefs. Afterall, what is wisdom without knowledge.

- Rangor Corten

Penned by my hand on the 16th of Chronos, in the year 695 AF.

This discussion has been closed.