Multiclass (It's here!)

Comments

• @Kyrra For me, it's not the cost of the inks themselves but the principle. I shouldn't have to make that investment of inks, willpower(!!) and time whenever I switch to the class and want to use it.

Just so they're all in one place, here are the solutions mentioned so far that would resolve it for everybody:
    1. Have the option to opt out on a per item basis.
    2. Add a command to remove the runeblade and runicarmour empowerments. Usable by non-Runewardens so you don't get stuck if you forget to do it before switching class, maybe restrict it to the person who did the original empowerment (is that the right word?) if possible and necessary. Runeblades and runicarmour wouldn't fade on class switch.
    3. Remove the restriction on wielding runeblades (and wearing runicarmour?), but modify weapon runes to not fire unless you're actually a Runewarden.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Antonius, I knew what you meant and I agree with you. Just until things get fixed, I'd be willing to share my brush to help ease the burden.

Also, empowerment is the right word.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Honestly, I'm kindof torn between loving the racial trait and specialization change with class change and hating it.

On the one hand it's fantastic for being awesome at every class and not having to worry about being a squishy Runewarden...but it's also -very- unrealistic in regards to going from some chubby little mage girl to an amazonianesque runewarden in a blink.
  • I don't think anyone but you can see your specialization, so it's all in the roleplay.. but that sort of thing is why my character's likelihood of picking certain classes is at about 5%. It doesn't really fit too well.. and I'd end up roleplaying wearing Plate as being constantly out of breath and achey, lol

• Ralae said:
    Honestly, I'm kindof torn between loving the racial trait and specialization change with class change and hating it.

On the one hand it's fantastic for being awesome at every class and not having to worry about being a squishy Runewarden...but it's also -very- unrealistic in regards to going from some chubby little mage girl to an amazonianesque runewarden in a blink.
    That physical change is entirely effected by you though, and not by the game, right?. Why can't you be an amazonianesque mage, or a chubby runewarden? The race specs are ultimately just labels, and really, they describe a behavior/occupation more than your physical nature. You're free to keep your description entirely static. The only game-driven physical change I know of related to class/spec switching would be serpents growing fangs
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Jacen said:
    The only game-driven physical change I know of related to class/spec switching would be serpents growing fangs
    That reminds me.. Do occultists lose their mog when they switch?
  • I'm curious about what happens to groves. I'm scared to make a move on this without knowing.
  • Whether I'm monk, magi, or runewarden, I'm a lithe, well-muscled, intelligent lizard-man. Roar.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
    Kez said:
    I'm curious about what happens to groves. I'm scared to make a move on this without knowing.
    Imprint stays, sunlight stays (and I'm pretty sure it even continues to accumulate when you're in another class). Hive stays -- it didn't originally, but that changed, maybe because I or other people argued for it.

Haven't tested all Grove effects, but the critical, static, non-combat Grove effects like sealing sunlight or protection against Exterms stay.

Golem goes away. Not a big deal -- makes me sad just for sentimental reasons. Still hoping it might change since golems are collarable, and other collarable ents stay after class switch (snakes and falcons, though falcons fly off to sanctuary).
    Just tested Rain, Snowstorm, Screen, Concealment, Forestwatch, the whole gamut, etc. They all remained after I changed class. Basically a room effect by Groves stays, but those that affect your DEFENCES (Vigour, Panacea, etc.) go away.
  • Oh man. Got to feel bad for all the patron-customised golems.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Krypton said:
    Jacen said:
    The only game-driven physical change I know of related to class/spec switching would be serpents growing fangs
    That reminds me.. Do occultists lose their mog when they switch?
    Soulcage does not stay (so I have to waste 30% essence every switch - reminds me, I should bug that), so I imagine mog might not either. Cannot say that for a fact though.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
    I imagine most customised golems would have resetting invested. Golems are so easily killed, and so often killed just for lulz by the anti-forest guys.

Transmogrify is like a unique race change, though (and non-reversible, unlike Viridian). It's not a DEF, like Soulcage.
  • So far I'm noting a ton of things that would be solved by some way to 'save' them in a dormant state rather than getting rid of them.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • They're still weeding through the bugs. I can set my snake on people while I'm in Jester, though I can't recall him to my inventory. Bugged it, but I assume there's lots of little things like that out there atm, it's been waiting a couple of days now and it's something that would affect combat, so I'd assume a high priority.

• Skipped from page 5 to 15 because effort. Where do we sit with Weaponmastery transferring between knight classes? Currently Xaden is trans WM and plans to be trip trans by the time he hits 100, if he decides on Paladin as class 3 does he have to trans WM from scratch again?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Xaden said:
    Skipped from page 5 to 15 because effort. Where do we sit with Weaponmastery transferring between knight classes? Currently Xaden is trans WM and plans to be trip trans by the time he hits 100, if he decides on Paladin as class 3 does he have to trans WM from scratch again?
    Yes

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Antonius said:
    Just so they're all in one place, here are the solutions mentioned so far that would resolve it for everybody:
    1. Have the option to opt out on a per item basis.
    2. Add a command to remove the runeblade and runicarmour empowerments. Usable by non-Runewardens so you don't get stuck if you forget to do it before switching class, maybe restrict it to the person who did the original empowerment (is that the right word?) if possible and necessary. Runeblades and runicarmour wouldn't fade on class switch.
    3. Remove the restriction on wielding runeblades (and wearing runicarmour?), but modify weapon runes to not fire unless you're actually a Runewarden.
    @Tecton @Makarios @Sarapis Any chance we could get a comment on if/when Runewarden and multiclass will be addressed further?
  • Xaden said:
    Skipped from page 5 to 15 because effort. Where do we sit with Weaponmastery transferring between knight classes? Currently Xaden is trans WM and plans to be trip trans by the time he hits 100, if he decides on Paladin as class 3 does he have to trans WM from scratch again?
    I can understand why you lose it, but I'm not sure how I feel about it from an RP sense. Sure, my mentor just transcended weaponmastery with me, good thing I forgot all of it when swapping devotion for runelore! Also I somehow forgot my chivalry AND what the hell? A falcon? Dis messed up yo...

It would be unfair, for a paladin->runewarden double class compared to alch-serpent I guess, but if you wanted to have 2 of your classes both be knights shouldn't mean you completely forget everything about being a knight in the process....
  • Sylvaria said:
    I can understand why you lose it, but I'm not sure how I feel about it from an RP sense. Sure, my mentor just transcended weaponmastery with me, good thing I forgot all of it when swapping devotion for runelore! Also I somehow forgot my chivalry AND what the hell? A falcon? Dis messed up yo...

It would be unfair, for a paladin->runewarden double class compared to alch-serpent I guess, but if you wanted to have 2 of your classes both be knights shouldn't mean you completely forget everything about being a knight in the process....
    Exactly. It also doesn't tie in with the IC reasoning for the increased lesson cost: Effort of retaining more info... It's not more info, it's the same. Can get with the IC idea that the addition of Devotion could muck things up in ones mind and therefore you need to relearn the last 500 or so lessons to bring you up to transendency - in line with the increased cost of lessons per skill...

• Also excellent news re: Runeblades etc sticking about. In runey mode right now I'm nothing but arrow fodder when defending a raid. I'm glad I'm able to switch to Monk to help out my city. Though there's a lot to be said for arrow fodder at the right time.

• edited November 2015
    In what world is runewarden not extremely useful in a raid :open_mouth: 
  • Re: runewarden. I am so excited. 

• Kiet said:
    In what world is runewarden not extremely useful in a raid :open_mouth: 
    Not runewarden itself, me playing runewarden. I have the class about 2.5 weeks now and have yet to do much other than hunt. So no aliases or anything really set up. Still have all my monk stuff set up from back in the day.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Actually tempted to save up lessons for Runie now...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I've found it to be infinitely better for hunting than Monk now. Though having said that - I made a bollocks of a decision for my racial spec' upon returning to the realms.

• Xaden said:
    I've found it to be infinitely better for hunting than Monk now. Though having said that - I made a bollocks of a decision for my racial spec' upon returning to the realms.
    race and spec?

also SCORE FULL. do you have a ressurection? 
  • Made the right decision by going (Satyr) Gallant as a Runey. But as a Monk am a Brute which has 2 less con.