Multiclass (It's here!)

Comments

• It might make sense, but being without your weapon for a day sucks balls. I don't see why there shouldn't be a way to do so, but it would suck if you forgot to before you switched, since the ability would presumably be in Runelore.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited October 2015
    Considering they are making runes and everything else fizzle out when you change, I don't see why empowerment would be an exception. 

Mind you, I'd prefer an alternative way of doing it, but yeah... 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Shirszae said:
    Considering they are making runes and everything else fizzle out when you change, I don't see why empowerment would be an exception. 

That's fine too, it would suck to have to re-empower every time you switched back to runewarden especially if you upgraded to the point where you only have a one minute cooldown.  
  • Shirszae said:

I'm pretty sure they don't mean 30-day things to go away like that, but to avoid people going runie, giving runes, changing back.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Trevize said:
    Shirszae said:

I'm pretty sure they don't mean 30-day things to go away like that, but to avoid people going runie, giving runes, changing back.
    I can see changing to runie, giving yourself runes, changing to priest giving yourself shields etc is bad but why would runes on other people fade away? if you want to spend 1250cr to be a rune bot why is that so bad?
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    @Morthif you've put like 3200 total lessons into Devo. How does this make you feel.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • edited October 2015
    Sarapis said:
    Ashelynne said:
    Dochitha said:
    Silvarien said:

Edit: @Sarapis , @Tecton : any chance future Lesson Sale promos could have a 15,000 lesson option as the largest, rather than 10,000? For people going for 5+ classes this would be a better fit, though I admit I myself can't do that much this month.
    10,000 lessons sales? Where? I thought we only get 2x 1,000 no-brainer lessons deals? HALP.
    Once every other other blue moon IRE has a lesson sale as their monthly promotion instead of credit sales, gift bags and the like.
    You're unlikely to see those in the future. They always do terribly for us, on all games.
    Back then we don't have multiclass. Now it's different.

• Morthif said:
    Aodfionn said:
    @Morthif you've put like 3200 total lessons into Devo. How does this make you feel.
    Worried about excom... You should let me hold that staff. For safe keeping.
    Does the Dread Eccything get anything like the Staff of Celestia, out of interest? Anybody know?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

I don't think the Dread Ecuador has a Staff of Celestia equivalent. Paging whoever the hell is currently doing that. Harmonia? Carmain?
  • edited October 2015
    Aodfionn said:
    I don't think the Dread Ecuador has a Staff of Celestia equivalent. Paging whoever the hell is currently doing that. Harmonia? Carmain?
      @Harmonia yeah.

(Although on honours she's unranked. Did she go dormant?)
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sarathai said:
    Aodfionn said:
      @Harmonia yeah.

(Although on honours she's unranked. Did she go dormant?)
    I think @Daeir asked for it? I'm sure @Sartan would give something if it was requested and made RP sense.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    No they don't.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• edited October 2015
    Morthif said:
    Aodfionn said:
    Personally, I think devotion should have the staff's function removed. But then, I'm also a person who thinks forest-enemying should go the way of the dodo. I have never been in favour of one player or an organization ran by players to be able to hold a skill hostage or a large portion of the world hostage.

It is great for flavour, don't get me wrong. I think the Staff of Celestia and the idea of being the 'font of Devotion' is amazing for roleplay and the idea behind Devotion. However, telling a player that they now have the ability to control access to a skill for TWO ENTIRE CLASSES seems like inviting something Orwellian. It was even part of the discussion Isaeah had as he was starting to fall away from Targossas, that he would most likely lose access to Devotion (his opinion of @Aodfionn at the time), so why stay as a Paladin?

Now, I am not speaking to the likelihood of megalomania by the player/character controlling devotion, at all. It is the simple fact that it exists. Same with forest enemy - that an organization has the ability to tell anyone that pisses them off that they can't enter a good 30% of the world (with a heavy helping of that 30% including bashing zones).  Forest enemy is intended to be a foil to exterminate, I know, so I'd nix them both. 

Anyhow, to post on topic - I really have absolutely no idea what I'd multiclass. All the classes that fell into my second category if I hated Sylvan cannot be taken with Sylvan due to affinity. :(
  • Morthif said:
    Trevize said:
    Shirszae said:

I can see changing to runie, giving yourself runes, changing to priest giving yourself shields etc is bad but why would runes on other people fade away? if you want to spend 1250cr to be a rune bot why is that so bad?
    Whoa I'm glad they did this.. Was considering picking up a 5th class just to be an afk def stacking bot.. 
    You'd think it'd turn into an Orwellian thing, but I think it's telling that the potential for abuse has always existed and, in over an RL decade, has never been made real.
  • Shirszae said:

@Shirszae : thing is, runes fizzle out but they're meant to last ~1 hour. Runeblades are meant to last a rl month.
  • Silvarien said:
    Shirszae said:

@Shirszae : thing is, runes fizzle out but they're meant to last ~1 hour. Runeblades are meant to last a rl month.
    I don't disagree, but don't forget runebinding is a lot longer on self.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Achilles said:
    Add a way to remove runeblade empowerment.  I can't use my level 3 longsword when I switch to Paladin because of it.  
    Obviously you should have to buy two longswords, one per class, @Achilles. I am working on buying my second collar and diadem for when they get bound via ability to my classes.  
  • edited October 2015
    Ignore me!

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Isaeah said:
    Morthif said:
    Aodfionn said:
    Personally, I think devotion should have the staff's function removed. But then, I'm also a person who thinks forest-enemying should go the way of the dodo. I have never been in favour of one player or an organization ran by players to be able to hold a skill hostage or a large portion of the world hostage.

It is great for flavour, don't get me wrong. I think the Staff of Celestia and the idea of being the 'font of Devotion' is amazing for roleplay and the idea behind Devotion. However, telling a player that they now have the ability to control access to a skill for TWO ENTIRE CLASSES seems like inviting something Orwellian. It was even part of the discussion Isaeah had as he was starting to fall away from Targossas, that he would most likely lose access to Devotion (his opinion of @Aodfionn at the time), so why stay as a Paladin?

Now, I am not speaking to the likelihood of megalomania by the player/character controlling devotion, at all. It is the simple fact that it exists. Same with forest enemy - that an organization has the ability to tell anyone that pisses them off that they can't enter a good 30% of the world (with a heavy helping of that 30% including bashing zones).  Forest enemy is intended to be a foil to exterminate, I know, so I'd nix them both. 

Anyhow, to post on topic - I really have absolutely no idea what I'd multiclass. All the classes that fell into my second category if I hated Sylvan cannot be taken with Sylvan due to affinity. :(
    First person to make it to deacon and pull a caerid affair all over again wins a crown? lolz
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • Daeir said:
    The Staff of Celestia was largely my idea and implementation, so yeah, Dread Eclair's gonna need to head down to the Infernal Bakery and conjure up a Baguette of Suffering to compete or something of their own accord.

Or not, who knows.

The Staff is also not quite what it seems, either, though I encourage you to ask either Aodfionn or myself about that in-game.
    Baguette of suffering... @Daeir I fell out of my chair laughing at that... thank you. Does that mean Occies need the Gravy Bowl of oblivion?
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

• edited October 2015
    Kakotas said:
    Daeir said:
    The Staff of Celestia was largely my idea and implementation, so yeah, Dread Eclair's gonna need to head down to the Infernal Bakery and conjure up a Baguette of Suffering to compete or something of their own accord.

Or not, who knows.

The Staff is also not quite what it seems, either, though I encourage you to ask either Aodfionn or myself about that in-game.
    Baguette of suffering... @Daeir I fell out of my chair laughing at that... thank you. Does that mean Occies need the Gravy Bowl of oblivion?
    @Kakotas : no, we need the cupcake Sigil of Oppression: it locks your tongue to your teeth like a flame sigil, blows up your teeth like a mushroom sigil, cuts your gums like a knife sigil... and then blissfully melts in your mouth like a butter sigil. The Truth of good taste spreads throughout your taste buds, which were fooled into Suffering.

@Sartan: DOOO EEEEET!
  • Kakotas said:
    Daeir said:

Or not, who knows.

No, they get the Extra Hot Curry Bowl of Wishing for Oblivion. 

Necromancy will get the Pickled Habaneros of Suffering. 

Devotion gets the Southern Chilli of Righteous Cleansing Fire. 

To ensure oversight and reversal of abuse, Certimene will get the Wet Tissue of Cool Relief. 

• Ugh you're making me so hungry
  • .... southern chili of cleansing righteous fire... I'm dying on the floor laughing now... so perfect for them.

only thing is Certimene will need the tums of gastric relief to cure that affliction.

• Arador said:
    Kakotas said:
    Daeir said:

Or not, who knows.

No, they get the Extra Hot Curry Bowl of Wishing for Oblivion. 

Necromancy will get the Pickled Habaneros of Suffering. 

Devotion gets the Southern Chilli of Righteous Cleansing Fire. 

To ensure oversight and reversal of abuse, Certimene will get the Wet Tissue of Cool Relief. 
    The only chili that is coming from, and headed to, the same direction!
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Achilles said:
    Add a way to remove runeblade empowerment.  I can't use my level 3 longsword when I switch to Paladin because of it.  
    Tagging @Tecton and @Makarios because I haven't gotten any resolution on this.  I don't want to empower my longsword again (it just wore off on its own) and cut off access to my sword for another 30 days.