What would you multiclass?

Comments

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    @Alrena Yes, that's kind of the point. A "Dark-nature" thing through class. Suggestions welcome :)
  • LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    Lusternia has a 'dark forest' city, and while a lot of it isn't transferable at all, there may be some strands of story or thought you can draw from there.
  • Athelas said:
    @Alrena Yes, that's kind of the point. A "Dark-nature" thing through class. Suggestions welcome :)
    Well, every class can pull it off. Just look at how savage Sentinel combat can be, for example. Even Druids can use reclamation to that effect. It's really not something you should depend on for a class itself. I could list a series of other things, but it's really up to you to decide what you want to RP. I'm just saying, a class doesn't make your character one thing or another. It can be a tool to help shape your character, but there's no single, right way. 
    Alrena said:
    Athelas said:
    Well, every class can pull it off. Just look at how savage Sentinel combat can be, for example. Even Druids can use reclamation to that effect. It's really not something you should depend on for a class itself. I could list a series of other things, but it's really up to you to decide what you want to RP. I'm just saying, a class doesn't make your character one thing or another. It can be a tool to help shape your character, but there's no single, right way. 
    Agreed. And yes ... some have seen me use reclamation for exactly that dark RP.
    Daeir said:
    Pull on the innate savagery of natural life and how it is presented in your class skills, yeah. Predators show their prey no mercy, so why should you?
    OMW! You have no idea how relevant that really is. I've been playing that already so ... it's basically a case of: Keep calm and carry on :)
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    In order of preference:

Serp,
    Shaman,
    Jester.

Yes, I may actually go back to Jester. :lol: 

I actually would have liked priest too, but the restrictions make it too much not worth for me. Even though I'm plainly rogue to the core, 10/10 would get excommed in a week. 

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I'd only ever want to go priest to deliver @Achilles into guard stacks. Demigod was way too much fun >.>

I've been thinking about multiclass since it was first brought up and there's pretty much no other class that I'd really want to play. Especially since shamans lost runelore. I started playing as a Runewarden and I've never changed class ever. Hell, I still have my original reincarnate from however long ago that was.

Checking out various other classes and cities on alts has probably ruined things for me a little bit as well. The ones that I did enjoy the flavour of, I bought artefacts for and it just seems pointless to pick up any class that I've alted. Why pick up serpent when I have one rocking level 3s? The rest I just have zero desire to ever play, or there's the restrictions with forestals and cities.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Wait, there are classes that aren't occultists? Since when did this happen? I clearly need to leave Fire and Spice more often.
  • @athelas I'm all for dark, sinister borderline evil forestals. But if you pick up Necromancy you won't be a forestal no more. :)
  • Definitely serpent - I'd like to upgrade my bow and maybe even get back into combat some day. The high dex requirement is a bit of a pain, but that just gives me a reason to bash up gold for credits! 
  • LucineLucine Utah
    edited September 2015
    Athelas said:
    Condemned for wanting to defend the thing he cares for most :)

Just imagine the results on the Poetry news :lol:

But we really are jumping the gun here. It's most probably never going to happen. I just really like playing his "dark-side" and this would be an interesting avenue.

The most likely thing that will happen though, is that he never does the multi-class thing, but ends up with a very visible, disliked and/or adored ability to publicly skin Mhaldorians alive, and using the skin to make decorative back-packs for his fellow Eleusians.
    Okay.  I can handle the dark nature/necromancy... but eesh.  Please don't make backpacks out of Mhaldorians.  Do you want disease?  That's how you get disease.

(See also:
    )

• Daeir said:
    Pull on the innate savagery of natural life and how it is presented in your class skills, yeah. Predators show their prey no mercy, so why should you?
    This is roughly what the Sentinel guild/class was founded on - being the savage aggressive forest type that showed no mercy when defending the forests, whereas Druids were the more passive (if not straight pacifist) guild/class.

• I want to multiclass as Magi, Bard, Runewarden and Megatron. I got every artefact that Megatron needs to put down rebellion by the civilized races and make everything into one big Quisalis den. Whee.
  • Since this is coming soon I bought my 300 credit no brainer credit package. Packages. I love me some package.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Lucine said:
    Athelas said:
    Condemned for wanting to defend the thing he cares for most :)

Just imagine the results on the Poetry news :lol:

But we really are jumping the gun here. It's most probably never going to happen. I just really like playing his "dark-side" and this would be an interesting avenue.

The most likely thing that will happen though, is that he never does the multi-class thing, but ends up with a very visible, disliked and/or adored ability to publicly skin Mhaldorians alive, and using the skin to make decorative back-packs for his fellow Eleusians.
    Okay.  I can handle the dark nature/necromancy... but eesh.  Please don't make backpacks out of Mhaldorians.  Do you want disease?  That's how you get disease.

(See also:
    )

No need to make Mhaldorian backpacks when you can have some nice mhun backpacks instead :pleased: 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    Outcast/Occultist (please please please @Tecton, @Sarapis)

• edited September 2015
    Cooper said:
    Daeir said:
    This is roughly what the Sentinel guild/class was founded on - being the savage aggressive forest type that showed no mercy when defending the forests, whereas Druids were the more passive (if not straight pacifist) guild/class.
    From what I remember, at least the ones I talked to when it was founded, it was omg we want cities and forest! That didn't last long, though, heh. Ended up leaving Hashan and founding Eleusis. (though they kept the allow city joining for a long time)

There was a lot less RP and serious RP back then though. Gaia approved Hashan's expansion initially, for example.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Fitz said:
    Old Occultist (outcast) is an evil/chaos class.

My initial thought to that is 'quick excom from two class skills - hope you like tarot!'
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    edited September 2015
    Trevize said:
    Fitz said:
    Old Occultist (outcast) is an evil/chaos class.

My initial thought to that is 'quick excom from two class skills - hope you like tarot!'
    I sometimes miss eating hearts and offering essence to the Chaos Lords.....

Edit: Ultimately though, I probably won't multiclass anything. Fitz is an Occultist. (Save for that brief stint as a Jester when he and Shakti had a bit of a tiff.))

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Maybe occultist purely with enough lessons in for astralform and soulmaster. Relive the old days of astralforming into an enemy city and soulmastering people (used to be templars!) to sing "little teapot" on their HT.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Most likely monk or Shaman. Shaman because that seems cool, but monk. Mainly so I can possess people and have them act like a total buffon.
    *glares at targossian people*
  • Going to finally return to my old Paladin roots! 

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    serpent and paladin.  Then I can still use a lot of my arties (SoA, Lupine Bow, Longsword).  Maybe I'd add magi just for silence vibe and cata.
  • edited September 2015
    The caveat: You can only CLASS CHANGE <class> after you tri-trans them. So no, no totems, hermit, raido, phase, astral, blackwind, wormwarp, evade blah abuse.

Just sayin, don't quote me.

EDIT: Or you can only CLASS CHANGE once every IC month normally, or once an IC day with Certimene's Talisman.

• I'd multiclass Barbarian.

So I would be Bronislav the Barbarian.

Rangor said:
    @athelas I'm all for dark, sinister borderline evil forestals. But if you pick up Necromancy you won't be a forestal no more. :)
    @Rangor Now I'm going to leave you in suspense, wondering wither or not it's going to happen :lol:

But this talk of dark/sinister/evil is actually not where Athelas is going. He isn't changing as much as he is accepting his demons. So it's more Balance and Great Circle of Life stuff.

He has realized himself, accepted those parts that he's been hiding all his life, but that does not make him any less gentle, kind or caring.

As I said somewhere else, it's not entirely accurate, but you can considered him the embodiment of Yin and Yang. It's still wrong, because it still separates the concepts of good and evil, but I find it makes it easier for people to understand the story.

All that aside though, if you've not known Athelas on a rather personal level, you'll likely not notice much of a difference.
  • I'll likely pick up Runewarden to go with Shaman. Having a trade makes you friends, and while I can have fun pretending to be Elsa with Icefort, building a totem fort sounds even more entertaining. We'll just have to wait to see what the limitations are though.
  • Magi.

Dem pearls!