What would you multiclass?

LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
Since multiclass is coming Soon™, I was just curious what everyone was thinking about choosing for their first multiclass. I'm sure some rich people are going to Collect As Many As @Sarapis Allows, but for most of us, it'll be one at most.

Since I'm a sylvan with quick-witted, a diadem, and INT traits/CON spec, my options feel pretty limited. I really wanted to go serpent, but I have 10 (!) DEX, the wrong traits, the wrong race spec. In addition to the credits for tri-transing, I'd probably need a gem and the trait reset equivalent before even getting to the normal artefacts serpents love. I wouldn't bash in serpent, but it still feel pretty limiting!

My only real choices seem to be INT monk or magi (which is more or less just sylvan again, albeit more different than it was before sylvan got its new toys). :dizzy: 

What about you?

Comments

• Occie/Shaman. I was going to go Alchemist over Shaman, but Shammy feels more right. Plus I'm not allowed around hard chemicals.

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Serpent/Blademaster. I only really want subterfuge as Serpent though.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Priest/Monk will be the deal in reality. Priest/Sentinel or Priest/Druid are my dreams that either @Aurora or @Tecton will crush.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • I would do serpent in a heartbeat if it were not for the fact that it's the only class where you really want to spec for dex.

If it turns out you can have a separate racial specialization for the different classes (sadly, that seems unlikely with gems being a thing, but I'm holding out hope!), I will be buy the necessary credits to add serpent literally the minute I see the announce post.

Occultist, the other class I'd consider, has the same problem with intelligence (along with some factional stuff). Though there I'd probably want different traits too, so things are even more awkward.

Aside from those, I'm not sure. Maybe alchemist or shaman someday. Maybe I'll finally dedicate myself to designing a UI and system that lets me play bard without it hurting my brain quite so much. But nothing seems quite as immediately enticing.
  • I'm leaning towards Shaman/Magi. I was initially thinking Alchemist over Magi... it'll be a tough choice.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I'd considered sentinel as a second class, but if I'm honest with myself, it's pretty pointless. I don't do anything with my current lesserform class. I don't do combat, and I only hunt in dragon. Then I considered picking up runie instead and just learning enough in runelore to sketch hunting runes... but I'm not sure yet.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Am a Shaman, going Jester, Serpent, Bard, Alchemist. 

I am a Dragon, I already multi *cough* duoclass.
  • Either Subzero or Scorpion. Shinnok kinda op though.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Druid, maybe Sylvan though.
  • Serpent, but only for Subterfuge.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Definitely Runewarden, but in my case it's more for roleplaying reasons than anything else. It was a great class for the character and it would feel right. (Also, she likes to play with pointy swords, hence why I put a blade on her magi staff!)

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Serepent.

Who next Dex to phase and backstab? Not this guy.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • What level will you get multiclass at?  Because if it's dragon, I'll be Magi/Nothing for a very long time.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Blademaster/Serpent/Bard/Magi
    One of those.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Jester. Maybe shaman or monk.
  • Probably Bard, Blademaster and Runewarden. Just have to buy weapons, have all of the other artefacts I would need for basically any class, but I like weapon using ones.
  • I suspect I will use multiclass to satiate my class-changing urge. The expectation is then that I will be every class in a year or two.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • edited September 2015
    -gasp-
    Only being able to take on one more class for every 5-10 levels over 100 you are would be amazing in both idea and trolling.

THAT WILL GIVE DRAGONS MORE GOALS PAST 100!
  • Tahquil said:
    -gasp-
    Only being able to take on one more class for every 5-10 levels over 100 you are would be amazing in both idea and trolling.

THAT WILL GIVE DRAGONS MORE GOALS PAST 100!
    Sooo not meant to be a suggestion.
  • edited September 2015
    Multiclass should come in some kinda 'pass' thing that is priced in lessons...you get the class and it's transed, you pay the total lessons right on induction. So no one is gonna learn just to hermit, raido, warp for quick travel, or inks, or attunement whatever abuse...

Don't hate me for this, cos I plan to raido, hermit, warp, tribal and runelore totem my kingdom...
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I think I might enjoy Serpent for the wormholes, Runewarden for the runes and for a throwback to Blacklotus memories, Blademaster to finally be able to use the blade, Ruthless Dragon or bard to join Ruth's husband in his enjoyment of the class.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• edited September 2015
    Ruth said:
    I think I might enjoy Serpent for the wormholes...
    Hmm. Wouldn't it be cheaper overall (or if not cheaper, then at least more convenient) to get a vibrating stick? You'd have to get the Serpent multiclass and then put the lessons into it to get the various wormhole-based abilities, and you'd only have them when you were in said class. A vibrating stick would work regardless of class, dragonform, and whatever. Unless you want the stuff besides the standard warp that the stick provides.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Phase and evade tho

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    Phase and evade tho
    C'mon, eavesdrop is where it's at.

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Oh yeah I forgot I'd thought about picking blademaster just to make blades for fun, but I don't know about that either.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Of the classes that are appealing - Blademaster, Bard, Jester, Monk, Serpent

Of the classes that would fit with my character - Blademaster, Bard