Mining and Legions

Comments

• ANNOUNCE NEWS #4401                                     (08/04/2015 at 21:47)  
    From   : Sarapis, the Logos
    To     : Everyone
    Subject: mining startup costs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mine startup costs have been changed to now require stone instead of wood. HELP MINING has the 
    details!

Penned by My hand on the 24th of Scarlatan, in the year 690 AF.

• Inuad said:
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #4401                                     (08/04/2015 at 21:47)  
    From   : Sarapis, the Logos
    To     : Everyone
    Subject: mining startup costs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mine startup costs have been changed to now require stone instead of wood. HELP MINING has the 
    details!

Penned by My hand on the 24th of Scarlatan, in the year 690 AF.

Yes! But also no. :(
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Wood gonna be super cheap now haha.

Also, I keep sleeping through the lode spawns. :( Much unhappiness

• Skye said:

You need level 80 irl.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Yeah, it looks like the spawn was about an hour after I went to bed.

Super excited for normal spawning again, but also very disappointed there was so little left after I woke up. :(
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Trevize said:
    Skye said:

You need level 80 irl.
    Killing things until you don't eat or sleep. Sounds like PTSD to me. On that note, can we rename Logosian to Permanently Traumatized?
    Huh. Neat.
  • Sarapis said:
    Got some plans on how we're going to increase demand for other minable comms too. Have pretty much jettisoned the mini-lode idea even though it's fully implemented.
    I suspected as much. I'm sure you've got a ton of ideas already, but here are some more: 

-Make shipbuilding cost comms in addition to gold. Perhaps halve the gold cost and then have it require a bunch of misc commodities. Same for the figurehead, have it require gems and such. 

-special housing upgrades like regen rooms and such cost commodities other than stone/wood. 
    -require certain comms for furniture
    -maybe allow people to construct temporary fortifications inside enemy cities with commodities (hahaha)
    -cosmetic upgrades to weapons/armour/mounts/journals/backpacks/clothing/etc. Similar to the "marred with char marks" descriptor that could be added through a certain procedure. Allow items to be decked out with jewels or gilded or bound in platinum. 

• Hmm, will investigate.

• Ok, bonus from levels etc should always apply properly now to all mines.
  • Grandue said:
    Sarapis said:
    Got some plans on how we're going to increase demand for other minable comms too. Have pretty much jettisoned the mini-lode idea even though it's fully implemented.
    I suspected as much. I'm sure you've got a ton of ideas already, but here are some more: 

-Make shipbuilding cost comms in addition to gold. Perhaps halve the gold cost and then have it require a bunch of misc commodities. Same for the figurehead, have it require gems and such. 

That's the main one, yeah, though new ship sales are pretty slow.
  • Sarapis said:
    Grandue said:
    Sarapis said:

One word: Airships. 

Problem solved.  ;)
    Sarapis said:
    Grandue said:
    Sarapis said:

Wasn't there a surge of ship purchases during the plague event? Or was it mostly second-hand purchases?

Obviously we need moar nautical events. Also hail Neroes and ship fixes.

• Upgrade ships to the next level :tongue: 
  • The thing has been with battlerage its far more profitable to hunt relative to diving and deepsea fishing. Thus, marine activity declined. Also, the majority of trades are not worth executing on a given month. I never understood why there is the 65,000 gold trade as the cargo plus port fees has it about at a loss discounting the time to run it.
  • Question:

How does the miner's level actually work? It says that every level adds a 1/2 percent chance that that squad will generate an extra comm when it produces one normally.

For example, a squad of 20 miners will produce 6 iron each day. Does this mean that that squad will have a 1/2 percent chance to produce 12 iron each day instead of 6? Or does it mean they'll have a 1/2 percent chance to produce 7 iron each day?

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Grandue said:
    Question:

How does the miner's level actually work? It says that every level adds a 1/2 percent chance that that squad will generate an extra comm when it produces one normally.

For example, a squad of 20 miners will produce 6 iron each day. Does this mean that that squad will have a 1/2 percent chance to produce 12 iron each day instead of 6? Or does it mean they'll have a 1/2 percent chance to produce 7 iron each day?

I'd assume it's a 1/2% chance roll on all six commodities, so you have a chance to produce 7, lower chance for 8, lower chance for 9, but I'm not certain.
    Huh. Neat.
  • So far, the levels do not seem to be implemented for the miners. I get mining output equivalent to the baseline (lvl 1) despite the mathematical odds of that happening being insignificant. 
  • You're probably assuming Euclidian reality, which will throw off your calculations. Make sure to account for the void energy co-efficient and Vamarasnu's Parable too, and to correct for irrational numbers.
  • Sarapis said:
    You're probably assuming Euclidian reality, which will throw off your calculations. Make sure to account for the void energy co-efficient and Vamarasnu's Parable too, and to correct for irrational numbers.
    No wonder my equations were off!
  • Greys said:
    So far, the levels do not seem to be implemented for the miners. I get mining output equivalent to the baseline (lvl 1) despite the mathematical odds of that happening being insignificant. 
    @Makarios seemed to suggest that it was fixed. Bear in mind that even with moderately leveled squads, there is still a 10-15%+ chance that you don't see an increase in output. Given that it was only a few hours between your comments, I imagine it could just be the wonky nature of probability.
  • Why must Chaos ruin everything? 

@Inuad It was data on 36 hours of mining with 2 sets of 10 miners ranging from levels 3-6 with no deviation.  Unless I am completely misunderstanding the scrolls (entirely possible), I should have seen something.
  • Greys said:
    Why must Chaos ruin everything? 

@Inuad It was data on 36 hours of mining with 2 sets of 10 miners ranging from levels 3-6 with no deviation.  Unless I am completely misunderstanding the scrolls (entirely possible), I should have seen something.
    It was a bug. I mentioned it earlier in the thread. @Makarios added a comment which seems to suggest that it's fixed. Or at least, that it's being addressed.

Makarios said:

Ok, bonus from levels etc should always apply properly now to all mines.
    There is a large raw obsidian mine here on a small lode that you'd guess is approximately -3870% mined out.

Quite a few of these sitting around. :surprised: 

• One of my mines has collapsed, and the other will before the day is out. :frown: 
    "I WANT YOU BACK!" I scream in the night air, like a fireman that has gone to a house that has no fire.

• @Sarapis
    Could successful assaults provide a detailed report on the battle? I know successful defenses already receive a report with specific info (number of units, level of units, type of units, number and type lost for your side). 
  • Oops, the prospecting thing is fixed.
  • Makarios said:
    Oops, the prospecting thing is fixed.
    Dare I dream that it was at all tied to no new lode spawns?
    I was under the impression that the negative percentage was a result of new lodes spawning under existing mines.

• TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    Just a thought - since refining draws the necessary comms automatically from your rift, would it be possible to have the resulting finished commodities go to your rift, instead of into your hands?