So I leave for a weekend concert series, and I can't be a priest in Cyrene anymore?

Comments

• AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    The problem is that doing such a thing is literally unprecedented, and has never happened before, on any situation, or any circumstance, to the best of my knowledge.  It's not really the Garden's fault that we the players chose to do this, so I doubt they would trip over themselves to help out.  But then again, @Sarapis is a really super nice guy, so who knows?
  • If not perhaps @Halos could be a really nice guy and bug @Yen to sell us credits at that rate... I mean Yen would love the extra gold for upkeep.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • At least you've, hopefully, found a solution to make you happy in achaea. That is what it's for, after all.
  • Sit back, drink rum and throw all the empty bottles at the people who interrupt your ranting?

...Damn, now I want to do that.
  • @Kaden

Welcome to Clan Aleswill'r your drinking lessons begin right after you change race. We also accept rogue priestesses.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • Daklore said:
    So... guys... now that we got rid of devotion... We can have full control over toteming now, right? Right? Runewardens -were- Cyrene's factional class before autoclass, admit it. Thusly, it stands to reason that now, only Cyrenians and allies-thereof can implant totems :3

(I am aware it'll never happen, but no one would wanna tick off Cyrene if we're the only ones who can fix your totems :3)
    Firstly, I want that signature image. Pure awesome.

Secondly, it's not THAT farfetched. Shamans have their own totems now, after all. Of course, the main issue would THEN be that Shamans would no doubt be Hashan's factional class.

But then again that's not so different to how things used to be, with cities dealing with one or the other Totem city for maintaining their totems. Though, of course, back then you could still have rogue Runewardens/Shamans doing their thing.

I'm 100% for all cities having their own factional class(es), but it does come with caveats. For example, factional classes usually involve a heavy divine hand, which one might say that's the price we pay for being in charge of our own destiny: nobody tells us what to do, but in exchange we don't get a unique class.

But if we could move past THAT little issue, odds are Bard would be more acceptable. Runewardens would be great if the totem issue could be resolved, but it would also mean that Knight classes would only be available in 3 cities.

Still, one can dream. :)
  • edited April 2015
    Apparently every guild/city/house/class I have joined I have accomplished it so well that the meta gaming admins had to step in and destroy my RP because I was just too damn powerful. People swarmed from every corner of the game world just to be my friend. Over night entire houses, clans, and structures just arose from nothing.

When I joined achaea it stated the organizations would be "player-driven" so stop pulling the strings! Its not my problem if I am popular, talented, sexy, and all around awesome.

I will suggest this to all of you suffering from static stagnant RP being inflicted upon you without consent report every one of the strangers whom track you down and break character to bark out orders to you.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Ahmet said:
    Daeir said:

... blah blah ...

I am the most excited for the prospects of a new set of relations between Targossas and Cyrene, as Jurixe has already outlined above. Open and forthright hostility can now finally be brought into the picture without awkwardly treading on people's toes. This is nothing but a good thing, and I very much look forward to how things are going to progress in the coming weeks and months.
    This is the problem with Targossas though. They're out to pick a fight with everyone, even the people who supported you. Yer gonna end up worse than Mhaldor. 
    This isn't true.  Targossas has gone out of its way to not fight Eleusis for instance, ignores Hashan (and I'm sure the same towards Cyrene a few months from now) for the most part and spends most of their time fighting Mhaldor, and defending against Ashtan.
  • edited April 2015
    "There is no RP justification for Targossas offering Cyrene any aid to cover the costs of the class changes. Cyrene got a pretty clear choice, let Targossians preach or get Devotion nixed. They chose the latter. No refunds, do not pass go, do not collect $200."

There always is RP justification for a city to grant asylum to refuges. By its very nature that is how a city is formed not by any other virtual means but by sheltering people. You sir are simply a griefer with no sense of RP. No one chose anything consent was mandatory as this event was already sanctioned and if not this time another event would have been staged and more forcibly thrust upon the players.

It is simply Tyranny and I guarantee no one wants to play achaea with you losers in that craptactular house that was about to shut down. Those organizations that need to break and die because they fail, should not be fed a stimulus package of players as fresh meat straight into the grinder.
  • AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    I forgot how weird you were, Vion.
  • Vion said:
    "There is no RP justification for Targossas offering Cyrene any aid to cover the costs of the class changes. Cyrene got a pretty clear choice, let Targossians preach or get Devotion nixed. They chose the latter. No refunds, do not pass go, do not collect $200."

There always is RP justification for a city to grant asylum to refuges. By its very nature that is how a city is formed not by any other virtual means but by sheltering people. You sir are simply a griefer with no sense of RP. No one chose anything consent was mandatory as this event was already sanctioned and if not this time another event would have been staged and more forcibly thrust upon the players.

It is simply Tyranny and I guarantee no one wants to play achaea with you losers in that craptactular house that was about to shut down. Those organizations that need to break and die because they fail, should not be fed a stimulus package of players as fresh meat straight into the grinder.
    Yeah, I'm on the opposite side of this and I actually agree there is no RP justification for Targ to offer any aid to cover the costs, except maybe in very individual situations. People didn't choose this event, but people can choose to be in Cyrene or leave and if they leave they won't lose anything. This was a player-driven event on both sides of the aisle.

You may not like that certain classes have restricted RP, but that's the way the administration has put them in - not the players.

• edited April 2015
    Don't talk down to me Verrucht, speak your side and support it. Or do you prefer to put words in my mouth spreading disinformation and propaganda.

This action changes how the administration has put things into play no matter how wishy washy some may want to doctor up the rules. The players will always lose something and this event is at their expense. Most importantly they will lose relevant RP and back story in this upheaval. That is the most prized and treasured possession of such a deep roleplaying environment.

So I submit to you why not simply perma death all those players like back in the day when players were placed out of time. That sort of Tyranny did not work out did it. My side is winning and yours will lose Verrucht so join the winning side while you can.

This event happened right before summer when player populations were at their lowest and easily undermined so these organizations can directly control the influx of new players.

Failure must be purged, no more stimulus packages of fresh meat!
  • Vion said:
    Don't talk down to me Verrucht, speak your side and support it. Or do you prefer to put words in my mouth spreading disinformation and propaganda.

This action changes how the administration has put things into play no matter how wishy washy some may want to doctor up the rules. The players will always lose something and this event is at their expense. Most importantly they will lose relevant RP and back story in this upheaval. The most prized and treasured possession of such a deep roleplaying environment.
    I'm not talking down to you. I'm explaining to you what you seem to have a hard time grasping.

• AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    It really was player-driven.  The admins didn't really have any pull, except to maybe perpetuate it once we had all made our choices.
  • This was really the only way this was going to be allowed to go. Cyrene had to be the one to make the move or from what I've been told the admins wouldn't allow it to happen. 
  • Technically, they aren't losing any back-story whatsoever. Back-story is history, history is preceeding of this moment, therefor, no back-story is being lost. RP? Well, the RP you wanted for your character, maybe, but RP is supposed to be pliable, able to adapt to change. Change is happening, thus, either you adapt your RP, or you whine and moan about it. Adapting is a far more preferable choice in general, as it actually accomplishes something.

Sure, you can say I'm in such a lofty position, not being affected by having to change class, and I agree, changing class if you don't want to leave Cyrene is a pain... but come on, like everyone has already said over and over... "it's been wrote on the wall for -years-." Hell, we all knew this was going to come at some point after Rho. Newer players might be bitten a bit harder... but they should have been able to see the tension in the air and draw a fair conclusion about the tenuous nature of Devotion in Cyrene.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • edited April 2015
    Agrias said:
    It really was player-driven.  The admins didn't really have any pull, except to maybe perpetuate it once we had all made our choices.

Exactly and don't think any of those officials got to where they are now without admin approval. And if you disagree then go back a couple successions and see it was all perpetuated not by players.

Naverre said:
    @Vion Your attitude could use some clearing up. No one has spoken down to you, though you've felt the need to insult a fairly wide range of people in only two posts.

Oh so you make ad hominem attacks upon my intangible "attitude" and then hide behind faux scarecrow people to appear as some sort of high and mighty vigilante. That is all well and fine but where is any evidence to support your claims? In your rash emotional outburst it seems you misplaced that. So what's next are you going to cast a spell on me? Seems you can't separate fact from fiction.

The usual route to joining a new city is to renounce your backstory and disarm entirely so as to not be seen as a threat. Who would take in such people seen as informal enemies of an entire faction.

All of these players caught in this upheaval their plans are gone, there is no evidence of any claim they make, their actions are completely disconnected.

When one is too weak to forcibly perma death a player this is the route that is taken. A horrid meta game attack depriving others of the gaming experience they sought out to create from the start.

• Vion said:

Exactly and don't think any of those officials got to where they are now without admin approval. And if you disagree then go back a couple successions and see it was all perpetuated not by players.

Could you explain this? It doesn't make any sense to me.

• edited April 2015
    Verrucht said:
    Vion said:

Could you explain this? It doesn't make any sense to me.
    Look it up, read the manual, find out for yourself. You will have to pen faster to catch me violating some patheticaly flimsy social construct in order to silence opposition to your cause. Verrucht you are wrong know it and accept it.
  • AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    edited April 2015
    Vion said:

Does he not realize that I'm one of those officials?  Pretty sure I got elected the normal way, through player votes.  The admins had nothing to do with it.

Edit: Yep, just a troll.  Moving on.