So I leave for a weekend concert series, and I can't be a priest in Cyrene anymore?

Comments

• Aodfionn said:
    We had a good run, but hopefully the Cyrenians who dipped and the ones who stayed Devotionists are all stoked for their new roles.
    Given the overwhelming results of the vote in Cyrene, I'd actually be quite interested in seeing numbers on how many choose to remain Devotion-users, and how many move to a different class.

(Or class distribution spreads in general, actually.)
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    What in the fuck happened to my text. There's missing words, and there wasn't before.

In case anyone is wondering... the missing words are, in order: weird, finally, excited, and future. 
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Kakotas said:
    Antidas said:
    Makaela said:
    I find it funny that it is only Good whose definitions are changed.  The Te'Serra had the right to ex-comm before and suddenly these New(Old) gods are saying they are wrong and their definition is the right one.  Seriously if the gods cant agree then they need to leave mortals be until they all figure out. I mean Aurora and Deucalion were brought back to life. What will happen if the Te'Serra suddenly come back? Oh oh they need to all go timeout and talk to find the real definition of  Good.  BTW I would love to see this play out.
    Fyi, this was the biggest reason why the admins got rid of the Te'Serra and brought back Aurora and Deucalion. Because the Te'Serra kept changing the proper definition of Good until it was so convoluted that no one really knew what it was. Thus, we got Aurora and Deucalion to set a single proper definition for Good. Te'Serra won't be coming back, and Deucora's definition of Good is THE definition of Good - the rest is no longer relevant.
    Slight thing. The Te'Serra should be allowed to morph and come back (Especially as the game moves along). Most of them had multiple realms no offense. For example Pentharian had Honor that was attached to his realm heck it's why Silas got kicked out the Elysians at least once that I can remember. We even had Mhaldorians in our pre-order simply to learn about honor at one point (and that was Original Penth as I recall). Miramar really could come back and go total neuteral I always felt her tie to Te'Serra kind of limited her. Tarah would not be horrible either the whole Peace and Harmony vibe especially compared to the now polarizing city states might make for some interesting counter-roleplay. And I know of at least a couple loopholes on the first two that would allow them to come back if Admins ever decided too but oh well #spoilers
    I like the bolded so much. Thanks for revealing that little fact from the past. We see so much in the real world how groups love to paint opposing groups as something not human or having inferior minds, etc. So I guess it's really good to know that in a game world, someone made something like that possible, even if it is only for a little while. It's magical. Feels very enlightened and secure.
  • Kakotas said:
    Antidas said:
    Makaela said:
    I find it funny that it is only Good whose definitions are changed.  The Te'Serra had the right to ex-comm before and suddenly these New(Old) gods are saying they are wrong and their definition is the right one.  Seriously if the gods cant agree then they need to leave mortals be until they all figure out. I mean Aurora and Deucalion were brought back to life. What will happen if the Te'Serra suddenly come back? Oh oh they need to all go timeout and talk to find the real definition of  Good.  BTW I would love to see this play out.
    Fyi, this was the biggest reason why the admins got rid of the Te'Serra and brought back Aurora and Deucalion. Because the Te'Serra kept changing the proper definition of Good until it was so convoluted that no one really knew what it was. Thus, we got Aurora and Deucalion to set a single proper definition for Good. Te'Serra won't be coming back, and Deucora's definition of Good is THE definition of Good - the rest is no longer relevant.
    Slight thing. The Te'Serra should be allowed to morph and come back (Especially as the game moves along). Most of them had multiple realms no offense. For example Pentharian had Honor that was attached to his realm heck it's why Silas got kicked out the Elysians at least once that I can remember. We even had Mhaldorians in our pre-order simply to learn about honor at one point (and that was Original Penth as I recall). Miramar really could come back and go total neuteral I always felt her tie to Te'Serra kind of limited her. Tarah would not be horrible either the whole Peace and Harmony vibe especially compared to the now polarizing city states might make for some interesting counter-roleplay. And I know of at least a couple loopholes on the first two that would allow them to come back if Admins ever decided too but oh well #spoilers
    I was never kicked out of the Order. I always toed the party line on honour, even when I disagreed. Some of my last posts to Shallam as Caliph and Penth's OH were to enforce Penth's demands to beholden the city to a sense of honour, despite playing host to the Dawnies and two other Houses with no ties to the Church or to honour.

• Vion said:
    Linton said:
    Those who see Achaea more as a world will want it to have open ended possibilities and variations, they see broad/ooc attempts to regulate or define as stifling to roleplay. They want everything to be player driven.

Those who see it more as a game seem more focused on how to compartmentalize everyone so we can have clean and clearcut conflict lines. They feel that ultimately Achaea is a game, and games must have sides and rules, and sometimes fixes that are necessary even if they can potentially hurt realism.
    No, those same open ended possibilities create challenging and new gameplay as well. Clean and clearcut conflict lines are dull and boring for all by creating stagnation within the game. There is no reason to have such mind numbingly dull static fixtures in a mud!

As Achaea is not a hobbyist mud, but a commercial one, that opens up reasons at a different level on why things are the way they are. In another thread(Random Achaea Thoughts), another player believed that Achaea's main income come from selling combat artefacts in connection to his wish for a more RP intensive Achaea. If that is true, it will make sense for a profit making company to want clean and simple conflict lines in its game.

I feel you though. I had hoped that Achaea can be both commercial and hobbyist without sacrificing too much the priorities of either.
  • Sarathai said:
    Aodfionn said:
    We had a good run, but hopefully the Cyrenians who dipped and the ones who stayed Devotionists are all stoked for their new roles.
    Given the overwhelming results of the vote in Cyrene, I'd actually be quite interested in seeing numbers on how many choose to remain Devotion-users, and how many move to a different class.

(Or class distribution spreads in general, actually.)
    It's honestly very surprising, I think only @Jeslyn has left Cyrene to keep Devotion so far (Drual left Cyrene for Targossas a while back, @Aodfionn)

But as it stands, we have a bit more of an even spread on classes. A lot more Monks, Serpents, Runewardens, Magi, and Shaman, which makes things pretty awesome in my opinion. 
    meh

• edited April 2015
    Daeir said:
    I feel like we can safely let this thread die now.
    Hey Daeir, shut up. No one here forcing you to read. How about you mind your own business.

Now what I'm waiting on is for some alchemist out there to cast some bullshit spell and destroy all of our rifts. Imagine that you login and nothing but a pile of manure in your rift. Perhaps a side effect of the spell will be that your pants are disintegrated just for added humiliation. Seeing as the divine are allowing lowly mortals to dictate how crap is done around Achaea why not? Of course I'm sure the Achaean thought police will have sold all of such belongings and bought satchels before said events occur like proper metagaming hypocrites with their pre-planned agendas.

I'm sure that would please one of the older members having satchels like back in the day! They will be so giddy just waiting for half of the world to blow up so we can be running on Achaea 1.0 alpha.
  • Vion said:
    Daeir said:
    I feel like we can safely let this thread die now.
    Hey Daeir, shut up. No one here forcing you to read. How about you mind your own business.

Now what I'm waiting on is for some alchemist out there to cast some bullshit spell and destroy all of our rifts. Imagine that you login and nothing but a pile of manure in your rift. Perhaps a side effect of the spell will be that your pants are disintegrated just for added humiliation. Seeing as the divine are allowing lowly mortals to dictate how crap is done around Achaea why not? Of course I'm sure the Achaean thought police will have sold all of such belongings and bought satchels before said events occur like proper metagaming hypocrites with their pre-planned agendas.

I'm sure that would please one of the older members having satchels like back in the day! They will be so giddy just waiting for half of the world to blow up so we can be running on Achaea 1.0 alpha.
    I'm sorry, but whenever I read your posts, I envisage you looking something like this.

(Actually, I'm not sorry. Take your conspiracy theories and rude demeanor elsewhere. :smile: )
  • edited April 2015
    Jukilian said:
    I'm sorry, but whenever I read your posts, I envisage you looking something like this.

(Actually, I'm not sorry. Take your conspiracy theories and rude demeanor elsewhere. :smile: )
    Actually I look a bit more like this only way younger:

MarkTwain-Stupid-peoplel-are-a-waste-of-energy.jpg
  • This is the one I see.

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    edited April 2015
    If I hadn't just gotten in trouble for wrasslin' with Jules, I'd definitely contribute more to this gang bang. I guess the nice thing to do is to assume we're dealing with the brightest seventh grader in school and put an appreciative gold star next to his Mark Twain quote.
  • Does Daeir's 10 other Alt's have anything to say?
  • @Vion Are you still not forum banned? First off Alt speculation is against the rules. Second off I can gurantee non thof thpse are Daeir's alts assuming he has any.

• edited April 2015
    Makaela said:
    @Vion Are you still not forum banned? First off Alt speculation is against the rules. Second off I can gurantee non thof thpse are Daeir's alts assuming he has any.
    I have neither disclosed, discussed, speculated, or hinted. I have outright accused a strawman. Now would you like to step forward and break the rules? Or will you cease your bickering? Of course with a safety catch #1 rule such as "Don't be a Jerk" really banning anyone is possible. You just have to squeal loud enough until someone comes to relieve the little cry baby so hop to it Makaela.

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Mishgul said:
    Turns out Vion is actually one of the biggest racists i have ever had to read the posts of. I do hope he receives a proper treatment for thinking women are a lesser gender too.
    Really? I doubt he tops out over 5'5"
  • Now THIS is what I've been waiting for!

In all seriousness, it is an interesting point. Imagine how different the reactions would be if runelore was recalled. But of course, that will never happen.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    That is taller than Cain though

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Vion said:
    Makaela said:
    @Vion Are you still not forum banned? First off Alt speculation is against the rules. Second off I can gurantee non thof thpse are Daeir's alts assuming he has any.
    I have neither disclosed, discussed, speculated, or hinted. I have outright accused a strawman. Now would you like to step forward and break the rules? Or will you cease your bickering? Of course with a safety catch #1 rule such as "Don't be a Jerk" really banning anyone is possible. You just have to squeal loud enough until someone comes to relieve the little cry baby so hop to it Makaela.

Accusing is a form of speculation moron. I am not the one being a jerk here you are by insulting the entire player base. I have yet to see a single non-insulting post from you at all.

• Aminah said:
    Now THIS is what I've been waiting for!

In all seriousness, it is an interesting point. Imagine how different the reactions would be if runelore was recalled. But of course, that will never happen.
    So uh... what god controls Runelore?  Cause I know of two gods that control Devotion. 
  • Phaestus would be a good bet. Scarlatti could control voicecraft

• I think technically Phaestus could cut off the magic that makes Runelore actually work, but I don't think he'd have the ability to control who it benefits. Something to do with Yggdrasil, but I can't remember. It's been a long time since I've been in his pre-order. I'd rather new classes be introduced than make some random - up to justify factionalising existing neutral classes.
  • Why would neutral cities get faction classes? You have pay a price for your nihilism
  • edited April 2015
    Jovolo said:
    I think technically Phaestus could cut off the magic that makes Runelore actually work, but I don't think he'd have the ability to control who it benefits. Something to do with Yggdrasil, but I can't remember. It's been a long time since I've been in his pre-order. I'd rather new classes be introduced than make some random - up to justify factionalising existing neutral classes.
    Twenty-nine runes were inscribed on the World Tree by Sarapis back in "prehistory" times. However, the branch was cut off (clearly somebody needed themselves a new Splinter...), and the knowledge began to decay, so it was sealed. Later the fallen branch was remade and the runes were re-etched on the tree, which restored Runelore. So presumably you couldn't cut off the magic without doing something rather nasty to the World Tree.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    edited April 2015
    Morthif said:
    Why would neutral cities get faction classes? You have pay a price for your nihilism
    I was just going to say something like that. It makes sense for priests or occultists or druids to be aligned and restricted. It doesn't make sense for something like runewardens.