Classleads September 2014

Comments

• Mishgul said:
    Talysin said:

Are you guys going to flame me for suggesting a fashion count reduction to puppet throttle? Currently does asphixiation damage at the cost of 6 fashions, needs as least 30 fashions to use and is already area wide (instead of continent wide). I was thinking we could reduce it to two fashions used and have a minimum of 15 fashions to use. Explain your reasoning for dissent please.

I don't see it seeing more use because of a fashion reduction.
    I would use it with a fashion reduction, it's like one of 3 damaging attacks a shaman actually has.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Like Daeir said, it's a -huge- drain on devotion if it gets spammed or missed. To combat people just spamming it due to a reduced cost, I figure an EQ balance for failure will ensure that people wouldn't be able to recklessly abuse it.  But whatevs.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • I like it without eq cost because it kind of discourages triggering a phrase for the auto-deliver albeit not a huge discouragement but if it is triggered and a mono is down then of course pretty big repercussions come from having it triggered.
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Achimrst said:
    Mishgul said:
    Talysin said:

Are you guys going to flame me for suggesting a fashion count reduction to puppet throttle? Currently does asphixiation damage at the cost of 6 fashions, needs as least 30 fashions to use and is already area wide (instead of continent wide). I was thinking we could reduce it to two fashions used and have a minimum of 15 fashions to use. Explain your reasoning for dissent please.

I would use it with a fashion reduction, it's like one of 3 damaging attacks a shaman actually has.
    Would be cool to see some kind of "quickfashion" thing added that lets you fashion twice as fast but will disable your ability to touch shield or leave the room without the puppet/doll disappearing instantly. This, ofcourse, is just a joke. Plz no ACC-combat-experts-who-last-actually-did-combat-in-2004 take it too seriously.
  • A mechanic similar to that would be neat, maybe. Something that let's them start fashioning twice as fast but if the target leaves the room you lose half the fashions.  Or something that functions in that manner. I realize that doesn't change the nature of puppetry but it could open up discussion. 

• For the lulz

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Strata said:
    Achimrst said:
    Mishgul said:
    Talysin said:

Would be cool to see some kind of "quickfashion" thing added that lets you fashion twice as fast but will disable your ability to touch shield or leave the room without the puppet/doll disappearing instantly. This, ofcourse, is just a joke. Plz no ACC-combat-experts-who-last-actually-did-combat-in-2004 take it too seriously.
    Why stop there, give shaman quick fashion but let them have a super Uruz that not only stacks with regular Uruz, but it works as a Dagaz rune and....get this....

It. absorbs. damage.

Yes that's right, absorbs damage, like a freaking SoA and it stacks with SoA because yes.

Also, because I am in such a good mood today, vodun abilities should absolutely not use fashions while "quickfashion" is up.
  • Fuck it. You got my vote. Shamans should get a chance to be OP.

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    RSL: 50% chance to bypass parry when shield/rebounding is down? Yes, no, maybe?
    Give Runies some love bby please we need it bad.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
    Also the mind throw off impale thing that was mentioned earlier. Seriously.

• Runie is okay vs parry, imo.

Mind throw needs fixing. Has it not been classleaded already? :O
    Skill       : Venom          Ability     : Loki
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Problem:
    Loki cannot secreted onto dirks. Its definitely not OP to be able to dstab Loki, since it has such a small chance of giving afflictions that work towards a lock.

Solution:
    Enhanced weapons
    ----------------
    (Note: Any standard weapon that can be forged can be bought at one of three levels of enhancement. The ones below are just those we've created so far.)

For 750 credits, you may add the Asp ability to almost any artefact edged weapon. This is achieved via ARTEFACT <item> ADD ASP.

The Asp ability causes the weapon to hit with a random venom each time, and 1/3
    of the time no specific venom message is given. If there are venoms on the weapon, the venoms will be delivered and the asp will not take effect. If there are no venoms, asp will take effect.
    Jovolo said:
    Runie is okay vs parry, imo.

Mind throw needs fixing. Has it not been classleaded already? :O
    I think it's fine vs parry but just the fact that its prep is so long for what is a fairly mediocre finisher when other prep classes have much more powerful and more difficult to avoid ones I think is an issue.

Little faster prep time or little more potent finisher would be nice.

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    @Strata yus but does asp work with dstab or just single jabs?

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    works with everything iirc.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Classlead for Runelore : Flooding or staying in water rooms mitigates the Runelore skillset. Thurisaz isn't a viable counter and a Scepter of Aqueous Mastery has been discontinued.

Solution : Make runes sketch-able in flooded rooms to bring Runelore in line with Rites/Necromancy.

Y/N?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Rather than making Flood useless, I'd rather just do something like Thurisaz have a condition when it fires to destroy flood in the room of its target shoud it be there, otherwise act like normal. Gives runewarden's some counter play to Flood but doesn't make the ability useless.
  • Strata said:
    Problem:
    Loki cannot secreted onto dirks. Its definitely not OP to be able to dstab Loki, since it has such a small chance of giving afflictions that work towards a lock.

Solution:
    Enhanced weapons
    ----------------
    (Note: Any standard weapon that can be forged can be bought at one of three levels of enhancement. The ones below are just those we've created so far.)

For 750 credits, you may add the Asp ability to almost any artefact edged weapon. This is achieved via ARTEFACT <item> ADD ASP.

of the time no specific venom message is given. If there are venoms on the weapon, the venoms will be delivered and the asp will not take effect. If there are no venoms, asp will take effect.
    Who the hell wants to dstab loki anyways?
  • Iocun said:
    Strata said:
    Problem:

Solution:
    Enhanced weapons
    ----------------

Base svo config queues/auto-diagnoses after 2 unknown afflicts, okay-ish to waste some dude with that configuration's balance.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
    Aktillum said:
    @Strata yus but does asp work with dstab or just single jabs?
    Just think... you're in retardation and "If there are no venoms, asp will take effect." And yes, it's 2 Asps on 1 dstab.

Iocun said:

You didn't get the memo? The combat paradigm shifted from calculated skillful action to "Pay and then Spray-and-Pray".
  • Looks like a good change. Some veil users will probably disagree though.

• Probably a fine change. 

• Would prefer it if it consumes a lot of balance,  similar to veil glance.  Also,  monks already have a lot going for them in a raid scenario,  why not give it to someone else.  I dunno who,  though.