Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Classleads September 2014

Comments

• CooperCooper Member Posts: 5,336 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    If you're Dragon level monk with int and wp arties and your opponent has much less mana and wp then it works fine. Also assuming that they don't drain your mana. So for 99% of fights it is useful to use in you can't use it. 

Draqoom
  • DarklyreDarklyre Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Cooper said:
    If you're Dragon level monk with int and wp arties and your opponent has much less mana and wp then it works fine. Also assuming that they don't drain your mana. So for 99% of fights it is useful to use in you can't use it. 
    As a comparison, I'm a 11-int monk with no arties. It pretty much takes me an entire minute to lock a dragon, and I lose it in about 15 seconds. The window in which sapience is useful is so small I might as well not bother and just RHK my way around parrying.
  • RangorRangor Member Posts: 3,282 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Draqoom said:
    Mizik said:
    Yes, it's how Monks track parry changes.
    lol'd for thinking a monk can hold a sapience lock for any amount of time that would help at all unless they're a newb that's 5% of your might
    Depending on the target, I can sometimes hold locks for 10-20 minutes. Assuming my WP is at max. If it breaks I just relock.

I don't actually track parry changes though, people generally just parry the same leg forever anyways.
    Atalkez
  • JhuiJhui Member Posts: 1,958 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    can also track what your opponent is targetting, and guard that limb...

All underused stuff.
  • SantarSantar Member Posts: 2,382 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Mind locks have been buffed a little too much.

They're honestly pretty OP.

• VaehlVaehl Member Posts: 962 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Shh guys monks are weak. All these swk hfp hfp bbt bbt monks know the class front to back.
    Kross
  • JovoloJovolo EnglandMember Posts: 3,249 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Yeah, sapience is what I was referring to when I mentioned a aurefire way to track fake applies as Monk. Cat's out of the bag now :'(
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

Really wish monk sucked as much as Draqoom thinks it does.

F monks. :(

• TeshaTesha Member Posts: 2,938 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I wish the gap between unartied monk and artied monk wasn't so ginormous. Same with other classes, but Monk is influenced the most heavily by arties. 

i'm a rebel

• BukariinBukariin Member Posts: 438 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Tesha said:
    I wish the gap between unartied monk and artied monk wasn't so ginormous. Same with other classes, but Monk is influenced the most heavily by arties. 
    I thought that was Jester?
  • XerXer LangleyMember Posts: 804
    edited October 2014
    What? Jester isn't been that affected by artefacts that much at all, offensively at least. Defensively, everyone benefits roughly the same from more health, and resistances. But what part of a Jester's offence is really dependent on Stat artefacts, weapons, or other misc artefacts? Maybe a few damage strategies, but Aeon/Juggling/Suicide Mice/Vodun isn't really affected by artefacts whatsoever.

Compare that to L3 Knuckles, Sash, Collar, Armband, Intellect Crown, Gauntlets, and on top of other defensive artefacts, the difference is vastly pronounced. Oh, and Diadem is really nice on Monk.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
    ErnamSherazad
  • DartegaDartega Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Quill is op as shit
    JhuiMalorn
  • EldEld Member Posts: 3,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Bukariin said:
    Tesha said:
    I thought that was Jester?
    Nah, shackle/balloon doesn't work anymore. (Right?)
  • DalranDalran Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    It got nerfed, but still works once. After they tentacle you once, you have to reinflate balloon, can't reinflate while prone.
  • BukariinBukariin Member Posts: 438 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    As a Monk I am mad jealous of any class that can use a SoA.

But honestly I don't know much about artefacts, just that I don't make enough money IRL to justify buying any.
    Dalran said:
    It got nerfed, but still works once. After they tentacle you once, you have to reinflate balloon, can't reinflate while prone.
    Ah, gotcha. Couldn't remember/be bothered to look up the details.
    Dalran

Bukariin said:
    As a Monk I am mad jealous of any class that can use a SoA.

But honestly I don't know much about artefacts, just that I don't make enough money IRL to justify buying any.
    Monks can (and do) use SoAs.
  • XerXer LangleyMember Posts: 804
    edited October 2014
    I use a SoA as a Monk. It's disgustingly good in larger raids.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
    SherazadJhui
  • ErnamErnam Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

15% less Naga.

"Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."

Manda  |  Godzilla  |  SLC
      1. SuladanSuladan Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
        edited October 2014
        Ernam said:

15% less Naga.
        Wut?
        The Truths hurt. Always.
      2. TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,800 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        Antonius said:
        Ernam said:
        Jovolo said:
        It only takes like 8 seconds of combos at the start of a fight to get a break point. Prior calculations are an optional, unnecessary endeavour. Good luck with it if that's what you want to do, but don't let it stress you out.

It's considerably longer for knights
        Probably twice as long, worst case. Not difficult to break an arm or head (i.e. a limb your opponent probably isn't going to worry about you hitting). 16 seconds at the start of the fight to make sure you know when your opponent's limbs will break isn't a huge deal. The problem Knight has is using that knowledge afterwards, since bypassing parry with rapiers that aren't at the very top end of speed is fucking awful against certain classes.
        Regarding this last bit, it will only help out those of us that bought artie weaps, but @Sarapis said that he was going to tweak SP stats to help us out. That was a few months ago though, so I'm not sure what we're actually going to get.

3. MizikMizik Member Posts: 2,128 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        Draqoom said:
        Mizik said:
        lol'd for thinking a monk can hold a sapience lock for any amount of time that would help at all unless they're a newb that's 5% of your might
        I could no problem. Unartied. Mind print too good. 

Then intellect crown, gg.
      4. DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,288 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        It's niche but I can see a myriad of ways where knowing exactly what your opponent is entering command-wise at any given point would be a tremendously useful tool.
      5. CynlaelCynlael Member Posts: 3,257 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        edited October 2014
        Until they spam hi 300x at you while you're in the same room.

Or take a page out of Azefel(from Imperian)'s book, and perform every single emote that's on the emotionlist all at once (and then subsequently crash the game because of it)

6. AradorArador Member Posts: 1,696 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        The way I spam because of my crappy latency, I feel sorry for any monk that tries to watch me. At least on my end I gag the spam.

Shirszae
      7. SynbiosSynbios Member Posts: 4,623 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        Also, pretty sure shrubbable offense.

Mizik
      8. DraqoomDraqoom CyreneMember Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
        Mizik said:
        Draqoom said:
        Mizik said:
        I could no problem. Unartied. Mind print too good. 

Then intellect crown, gg.
        Also, I mind sapienced @Jhui one time. Just once, and the wall of 'queue this' or 'adjust that' spam I got in the brief 5 seconds I had was enough to literally fill my buffer with just that. Not saying everyone is like that, but lol no way.

Rangor
      9. RangorRangor Member Posts: 3,282 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        You sapience jhui at your own peril.
        ErnamJhuiDraqoom
      10. ErnamErnam Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
        Rangor said:
        You sapience jhui at your own peril.
        Yeah it's pretty aweful.

"Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."

Manda  |  Godzilla  |  SLC
            Jhui
          Sign In to Comment.