Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Classleads September 2014

Comments

• IocunIocun Member Posts: 3,506 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    There should be a survival ability that allows you to switch the limb damage between any two of your own limbs. Without a third party message.
    RakonPraxidesXith
  • BukariinBukariin Member Posts: 438 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Makarios said:
    We are sorry about the inconvenience (re: limb damage), but it pretty much had to happen sooner or later. As a form of consolation, the reason we didn't touch axk quite yet is so we can see how this goes and adjust it around that. So you will probably get something new soon.
    Can you at the very least confirm or deny that Monk limb attacks now deal some if not all of their damage as a percentage of limb health?
    Aelios
  • DraqoomDraqoom CyreneMember Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    I had a perfect limb counter and finally started using independent attack combos instead of one limb combos, join the mark because I'm feeling like I can get the hang of combat again and then I see this limb damage change and I just facepalm.

But it's ok, because CAT has a reduced balance now. What? Cat? No other stances touched (yet) but Cat gets a change? lol

Praxides
  • XerXer LangleyMember Posts: 804
    edited October 2014
    Is it really that hard to fix the limb counters? I modified my previous one for DRS, SCS and unstanced in a hour and it's worked on a range of health values from 4k to 8k - for 8 different people. I'm sure I'll find a few mistakes here and there eventually, but I don't think it's too bad. I suppose it's just grunt work, but it's something every limb class needed to do at some point.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
    Xer said:
    Is it really that hard to fix the limb counters? I modified my previous one for DRS, SCS and unstanced in a hour and it's worked on a range of health values from 4k to 8k - for 8 different people. I'm sure I'll find a few mistakes here and there eventually, but I don't think it's too bad.
    Test it on people with under 4k health and see how accurate it is.
  • CooperCooper IowaMember Posts: 5,063 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The change is pretty irrelevant to most limb counters because of how necessary rhk is to use and how much faster your prep is when you can disregard parry.

• XerXer LangleyMember Posts: 804
    Also accurate on sub 4k health targets. 
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • PraxidesPraxides Kansas, USAMember Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Jacen said:
    Makarios said:
    We are sorry about the inconvenience (re: limb damage), but it pretty much had to happen sooner or later. As a form of consolation, the reason we didn't touch axk quite yet is so we can see how this goes and adjust it around that. So you will probably get something new soon.

You could release the formula in compensation? :)
    I've never really understood this part of classleads, why aren't the numbers given on release? Even if subject to change, it would relieve a lot of confusion.
    Xith
  • JacenJacen Member Posts: 2,304 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Xer said:
    Is it really that hard to fix the limb counters? I modified my previous one for DRS, SCS and unstanced in a hour and it's worked on a range of health values from 4k to 8k - for 8 different people. I'm sure I'll find a few mistakes here and there eventually, but I don't think it's too bad. I suppose it's just grunt work, but it's something every limb class needed to do at some point.

You're also a math god and an ACC fighter, so you've got a good leg up on the rest of us peasants!
  • SeftinSeftin Member Posts: 923 @ - Epic Achaean
    you guys use limbcounters? Lol
    Cooper
  • MizikMizik Member Posts: 2,096 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Coders get something to do... For 30 minutes.
  • CooperCooper IowaMember Posts: 5,063 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Seftin said:
    you guys use limbcounters? Lol
    My limb counter has never done anything more than count 1 for punch. People rely entirely too much on them.

• AchillesAchilles Los AngelesMember Posts: 2,516 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Bukariin said:
    Can Augment also parry while paralyzed?  Otherwise Monks are pretty boned vs. BM
    Monks?  I'm wondering how knights are suppose to pull off a double leg break.  Can't they just augment parry the opposite leg on the first leg break?
    AtalkezArador
  • TalysinTalysin Member Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Ernam said:
    You keep saying how awesome priest is, and yet I see like... 2 active priests.
    I don't agree that there's clear correlation here. Priest is a faction class, changing class is expensive, most people will not change class abruptly solely for PK.
    Many people have switched class irrespective of their RP faction. Nowadays it seems that alts are more en vogue. Regardless, we would see more priests around.
    Ernam
  • KenwayKenway San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,130 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited October 2014
    Well BM's gonna be kinda a bitch to DSB if they're clever now...

EDIT: Slightly looking forward to this, slightly not.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
    Anedhel
  • JacenJacen Member Posts: 2,304 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Wtf even is augment? Didnt see it in the help file.
  • ExelethrilExelethril Member Posts: 3,351 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited October 2014
    Jacen said:
    It lets you parry a limb while prone for a duration based on % of shin spent(works with two broken arms) and has a 3.5 second delay before it comes into effect. Also, I think they have a balanceless %-based heal now. 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • SenaSena Member Posts: 3,957 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    So, what does spirituality push do? And what are the new mace stats?
  • AdaAda Member Posts: 213 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    A guardian angel extends a hand in your direction, and a sudden impact knocks you from your feet.

Yay for priest proning!!

TalysinTesha
    Also, eep monks got nerfed much. What's a good support class to play if you don't 1v1 much? XD
    Also, eep monks got nerfed much. What's a good support class to play if you don't 1v1 much? XD
    Unlike Monks, Knights still have multiple ways to mitigate Augment (delph, epseth/epteth whichever one does arms, and curare) whereas Monks only have one way and that's RHK.

Also, an update, I think I've solved the limb damage equation.  I was just being lazy and undercaffeinated earlier, now it looks pretty straightforward.
  • MizikMizik Member Posts: 2,096 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ada said:
    Monk. Nothing is better.
    Draqoom
  • EldEld Member Posts: 3,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Jacen said:
    It lets you parry a limb while prone for a duration based on % of shin spent(works with two broken arms) and has a 3.5 second delay before it comes into effect. Also, I think they have a balanceless %-based heal now. 
    I haven't logged in to test, but I'm assuming based on @Makarios's comment last page that even if you can augment with broken arms (no idea if you can or can't), it won't let you actually parry with broken arms. Unless broken arms are somehow treated differently than paralysis/entanglement, which would be silly.

Healthtrans is %-based instead of a flat amount of shin, which is a buff for anyone with >3k health, but I doubt it's enough of a change to make a huge difference to DSB viability. And remember that both of those (augment and healthtrans) use shin, so it's they can't get the full benefit of both at once.
    Does Augment have any third-party messages?  If it does, all you have to do is prep limbs as normal, wait for it to drop, then go for your prone/breaks.
  • SantarSantar Member Posts: 2,382 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    It can last up to 90 seconds.

• VaehlVaehl Member Posts: 962 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    This ability adds decision making and a new mechanic. Attach an interesting abusable repercussion while the ability is up please.
  • VaehlVaehl Member Posts: 962 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited October 2014
    Double post
    Santar said:
    It can last up to 90 seconds.
    How long is the cooldown?
Sign In to Comment.