Classleads September 2014

Comments

• Also, eep monks got nerfed much. What's a good support class to play if you don't 1v1 much? XD
  • Also, eep monks got nerfed much. What's a good support class to play if you don't 1v1 much? XD
  • Unlike Monks, Knights still have multiple ways to mitigate Augment (delph, epseth/epteth whichever one does arms, and curare) whereas Monks only have one way and that's RHK.

Also, an update, I think I've solved the limb damage equation.  I was just being lazy and undercaffeinated earlier, now it looks pretty straightforward.
  • Ada said:
    Also, eep monks got nerfed much. What's a good support class to play if you don't 1v1 much? XD
    Monk. Nothing is better.
  • Jacen said:
    Wtf even is augment? Didnt see it in the help file.
    It lets you parry a limb while prone for a duration based on % of shin spent(works with two broken arms) and has a 3.5 second delay before it comes into effect. Also, I think they have a balanceless %-based heal now. 
    I haven't logged in to test, but I'm assuming based on @Makarios's comment last page that even if you can augment with broken arms (no idea if you can or can't), it won't let you actually parry with broken arms. Unless broken arms are somehow treated differently than paralysis/entanglement, which would be silly.

Healthtrans is %-based instead of a flat amount of shin, which is a buff for anyone with >3k health, but I doubt it's enough of a change to make a huge difference to DSB viability. And remember that both of those (augment and healthtrans) use shin, so it's they can't get the full benefit of both at once.
  • Does Augment have any third-party messages?  If it does, all you have to do is prep limbs as normal, wait for it to drop, then go for your prone/breaks.
  • It can last up to 90 seconds.

• This ability adds decision making and a new mechanic. Attach an interesting abusable repercussion while the ability is up please.
  • edited October 2014
    Double post
  • Santar said:
    It can last up to 90 seconds.
    How long is the cooldown?
  • So BMs are pretty much immune to Knights now. Healthtrans heals more, mir reduces damage, prone parry bypass roughly half as effective.

• ANGEL PUSH line, for those who want it:

A guardian angel extends a hand in your direction, and a sudden impact knocks you from your feet.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • Ada said:
    A guardian angel extends a hand in your direction, and a sudden impact knocks you from your feet.

Yay for priest proning!!

Kuy said:
    ANGEL PUSH line, for those who want it:

• woops
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • Cooper said:
    So BMs are pretty much immune to Knights now. Healthtrans heals more, mir reduces damage, prone parry bypass roughly half as effective.

Not necessarily, they just have to do more than spam ept/ept into their break chain to bypass parry. I can still do it prone so you have to stick the anti-parry measures prior to the leg breaks, to stop the parry stopping your second leg break (assuming switching parry on first leg break which anyone smart is going to do)

I like the change (albeit biased) because as Ayoxele said now there are decisions that have to be made both on your offense and my defense. If I put up Augment, I'm probably not going to have Shin to healthtrans to mitigate bbt/dsb. Also can't do it off balance from other class skills (that I've seen) but is balanceless so can be done before. With Shin being the pool you use, if your shin accumulated is down to say 40 instead of the 100, your not going to have Augment up for very long.

It is just going to make knights have to do some intelligent fighting vs BMs. Monks can still RHK to bypass it, obviously at a much slower prep rate.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.

• With monks having 40% less time before limbs reset, and having significant reductions in actual limb damage landed, I don't think monks have 60-90 seconds to wait for Augment to drop.

Additionally, I think Augment should absolutely have a 3rd party message for when it drops.

Also, can't you continue to generate shin while Augment is up?  Something to keep in mind is that Shin is generated crazy fast, so I think it's going to be very easy for people to simply put it up when their legs get prepped, and call it a win vs monks (and probably also knights).
  • The issue isn't your break chain, it's getting to that point. Knights already had a rough time. If a BM knows they can parry on the ground, all they have to do is perma parry an arm and it will take an ungodly amount of time to set them up for vivisect or dsb, and they'll probably just tank the dsb anyway.

• I'd say they're both issues, but that's definitely true.  Something to keep in mind is that BMs are roughly as tanky as monks (not at all, without monk abilities), and while Healthtrans might be pretty nifty, it has some restrictions, and is nowhere near as crazy as Numb/Apathy.
  • Jacen said:
    Makarios said:
    We are sorry about the inconvenience (re: limb damage), but it pretty much had to happen sooner or later. As a form of consolation, the reason we didn't touch axk quite yet is so we can see how this goes and adjust it around that. So you will probably get something new soon.

You could release the formula in compensation? :)
    Yeah the one thing about Achaea that really can be annoying as sin is having to build counters without knowing the damage points/requirements. Applies to certain staffstrikes, as well as alchemist fluid/temper levels and stuff. Where numerous players have to test the abilities to figure them out over and over. I suppose it encourages a form of roleplay in having to actually "learn" your abilities, but even if it's not listed in-game I think the wiki should have official percentages for people who "ain't got time fo dat".
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • edited October 2014

It takes about 8-12 hours to "solve" the limb damage equations, per ability, to mathematical certainty.

While it's certainly a(n unecessary) pain in the ass, it's hardly impossible.
  • Sena said:
    So, what does spirituality push do? And what are the new mace stats?

• Cooper said:
    The issue isn't your break chain, it's getting to that point. Knights already had a rough time. If a BM knows they can parry on the ground, all they have to do is perma parry an arm and it will take an ungodly amount of time to set them up for vivisect or dsb, and they'll probably just tank the dsb anyway.

Why would you static parry an arm, letting them break your leg with delph to prep that arm? Even if you switch parry between arms, they'll both get prepped eventually if you never switch to leg. Both arms are prepped, so now I switch to leg that is probably already prepped from my parrying arms.

Please explain?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Cooper said:
    So BMs are pretty much immune to Knights now. Healthtrans heals more, mir reduces damage, prone parry bypass roughly half as effective.
    If they were I think it'd be a suitable unbalance. Some classes "counter" others, and if something called Blademaster is any sort of easy prey to other classes that use blades, it kind of defeats the point.

Frankly I never liked blademasters a ton but I think I've seen several Shindo buffs lately that I approve of. It always kind of lacked the oomph I thought it deserved. Even a skill like Annihilate that doesn't do much annihilating. 
  • I assume the ability was added to prevent being mangle-locked by Monks, in which case it doesn't need to be up to ninety seconds long. What's wrong with a 3.5s eq activation cost that lasts for eq cost+10%of the amount of shin they activated it with? so 20% = 5.5 seonds, 50% = 8.5 seconds, 100% = 13.5 seconds. They only need to stop that one combo before the leg break to be able to stand anyway.

• Atalkez said:
    Cooper said:
    The issue isn't your break chain, it's getting to that point. Knights already had a rough time. If a BM knows they can parry on the ground, all they have to do is perma parry an arm and it will take an ungodly amount of time to set them up for vivisect or dsb, and they'll probably just tank the dsb anyway.

Why would you static parry an arm, letting them break your leg with delph to prep that arm? Even if you switch parry between arms, they'll both get prepped eventually if you never switch to leg. Both arms are prepped, so now I switch to leg that is probably already prepped from my parrying arms.

Please explain?

Because I'm not going to die from a dsb on double broken legs alone, and I can evade out on any prep damage. Once they start breaking legs to parry bypass they will only get in 1 dsl per leg broken, making their prep extremely long. I'm sure there is a more efficient way to parry and use the ability to make it even worse, but I'm lazy.

• I don't disagree with you, knight parry bypass is in serious need of work. There are ways, and lots of them, but nothing reliable enough to be called a true parry bypass for the class.

The ability is going to be very hard to deal with for knights and monks alike, although monks have some mitigation of it through telepathy (mind switch parry to broken limb).

I like it, though I think it was rather unnecessary change to be honest. If stopping mangle locks was the idea, shouldn't the monk limb change accomplish that? The only time I've been mangle locked was against a STR specc monk, never against another prep class. 

• @Atalkez strength doesn't affect limb damage.  
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    You can mangle lock as bm with level 3 band and arash if the health is low enough.

Blunt damage is 2x slashing damage limb levels, which is the reason monks break so fast imo

• Ernam said:
    @Atalkez strength doesn't affect limb damage.  
    Knuckles do, though, so there may be some confusion if someone sees a harder-hitting monk prep faster.
  • Oh when I said decisions made I also said add a negative to using it. Something like temporary more damage taken or whatever was what I had in mind. Maybe something more creative than that. Oh and if you have to activate it early that's already a bit of intelligence required so the negative penalties don't have to be too harsh (as long as you can't keep the ability up more than like 7 seconds).