• edited October 2014
    Ernam said:

15% less Naga.
    Wut?
    The Truths hurt. Always.
  • Antonius said:
    Ernam said:
    Jovolo said:
    It only takes like 8 seconds of combos at the start of a fight to get a break point. Prior calculations are an optional, unnecessary endeavour. Good luck with it if that's what you want to do, but don't let it stress you out.

It's considerably longer for knights
    Probably twice as long, worst case. Not difficult to break an arm or head (i.e. a limb your opponent probably isn't going to worry about you hitting). 16 seconds at the start of the fight to make sure you know when your opponent's limbs will break isn't a huge deal. The problem Knight has is using that knowledge afterwards, since bypassing parry with rapiers that aren't at the very top end of speed is fucking awful against certain classes.
    Regarding this last bit, it will only help out those of us that bought artie weaps, but @Sarapis said that he was going to tweak SP stats to help us out. That was a few months ago though, so I'm not sure what we're actually going to get.

• Draqoom said:
    Mizik said:
    Yes, it's how Monks track parry changes.
    lol'd for thinking a monk can hold a sapience lock for any amount of time that would help at all unless they're a newb that's 5% of your might
    I could no problem. Unartied. Mind print too good. 

Then intellect crown, gg.
  • edited October 2014
    Until they spam hi 300x at you while you're in the same room.

Or take a page out of Azefel(from Imperian)'s book, and perform every single emote that's on the emotionlist all at once (and then subsequently crash the game because of it)

• The way I spam because of my crappy latency, I feel sorry for any monk that tries to watch me. At least on my end I gag the spam.

• Also, pretty sure shrubbable offense.

• Mizik said:
    Draqoom said:
    Mizik said:
    Yes, it's how Monks track parry changes.
    lol'd for thinking a monk can hold a sapience lock for any amount of time that would help at all unless they're a newb that's 5% of your might
    I could no problem. Unartied. Mind print too good. 

Then intellect crown, gg.
    Also, I mind sapienced @Jhui one time. Just once, and the wall of 'queue this' or 'adjust that' spam I got in the brief 5 seconds I had was enough to literally fill my buffer with just that. Not saying everyone is like that, but lol no way.

• You sapience jhui at your own peril.
  • Rangor said:
    You sapience jhui at your own peril.
    Yeah it's pretty aweful.
  • Since we knocked down monk's limb damage, can we get a buff to Tekura accuracy? Just went 17 hits and 44 misses on Maccabeus... That's 2 minutes, 44 seconds to prep just legs, and that's only in Tekura balances. Actual time to prep two legs was 4 minutes, 44 seconds. Spent a lot of the fight perma-paralyzed or off eq from using disrupt to avoid the lightwall/darkshade instakill. 5 minutes is a long time to set up a kill when you're fighting a class with a ~15s instakill skill. And hell, I didn't even prep torso, which is pretty necessary for a kill.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited October 2014
    Jacen said:
    Since we knocked down monk's limb damage, can we get a buff to Tekura accuracy? Just went 17 hits and 44 misses on Maccabeus... That's 2 minutes, 44 seconds to prep just legs, and that's only in Tekura balances. Actual time to prep two legs was 4 minutes, 44 seconds. Spent a lot of the fight perma-paralyzed or off eq from using disrupt to avoid the lightwall/darkshade instakill. 5 minutes is a long time to set up a kill when you're fighting a class with a ~15s instakill skill. And hell, I didn't even prep torso, which is pretty necessary for a kill.
    If your disrupting to avoid the lightwall/darkshade instakill.. you could be running.. and returning.. because limbs don't reset for 3 minutes but afflictions will reset in 10-15 seconds tops.

And even if they don't fully reset if you run out of the room and cure half of it the serpent will need to reset because fuck if he knows what you cured and what you didn't.

Oh and if you think Maccabeus is bad try fighting Strata, Took me over 20 minutes to prep him once as bm. (that's in thyr also)

• Perma-paralysis + pinshot. While you're trying to move away and failing, you're wasting balance and time that you could be hindering to achieve the same effect.

• Honestly, you should just channel your inner Miagorme and spam JPK to prep these dodge min-maxers.

• Will take a look at monk accuracy when time permits (obviously a little busy this week end, but we'll see how things go). Reevaluating that is probably fair given the limb damage changes. No promises, of course.
    Jacen said:
    Perma-paralysis + pinshot. While you're trying to move away and failing, you're wasting balance and time that you could be hindering to achieve the same effect.
    Tumble is your friend.

• were you using RHK?
  • RHK misses a lot.  Nowhere as bad as SWK, but against super-dodgy mofos, it's still pretty unreliable.

Unless you're good at sticking paralysis (which ain't easy), best bet is sadly JPK (mind throw, JPK if you're pinshot).
  • JPK is good for a lot of things, anyway, like dismounting opponents.  I usually have to spam JPK before I kai up enough for a Banish.
  • @makarios I'd say looking into having jpk NOT unstance you would be pretty cool also or make stancing use no balances
  • Payne said:
     make stancing use no balances
    No, as much as I'd like this, it would mean you could literally change stance mid-combo. 
  • edited October 2014
    scs;kick;brs;punch;punch;drs - yeah no thanks. Unless you can't change stance while -off- balance/prone/hindered in any normal way, then I don't really think that'd be a huge problem. jpk not unstancing you though... lul

• Please, please explore your class however you can and try out new strategies before suggesting really impactful changes
  • I agree. JPK should do 0 damage, be avoidable by balancing, and not unstance you.

F-in JPK.

@Makarios *hope*

• Jacen said:
    Since we knocked down monk's limb damage, can we get a buff to Tekura accuracy? Just went 17 hits and 44 misses on Maccabeus... That's 2 minutes, 44 seconds to prep just legs, and that's only in Tekura balances. Actual time to prep two legs was 4 minutes, 44 seconds. Spent a lot of the fight perma-paralyzed or off eq from using disrupt to avoid the lightwall/darkshade instakill. 5 minutes is a long time to set up a kill when you're fighting a class with a ~15s instakill skill. And hell, I didn't even prep torso, which is pretty necessary for a kill.
    Blademaster feels your pain.

Can we get JPKSlash? 

Or this 

Solution #1:
    Allow Blademaster Bands to increase to-hit by 5/10/15%.
    Solution #2:
    Increase Thyr to-hit bonus to +30% for free.
    Solution #3:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Decision:
    Approved for investigation vs high dex targets.
  • Man I missed 40% against a Magi earlier today.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Double post

@Makarios is the above still being looked into or is it on the list for next round of classleads?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Atalkez said:
    Man I missed 40% against a Magi earlier today.
    you loved that fight and you know it
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

edited October 2014
    Voidfist 4 seconds now with a 2.7 second balance and still costs 15 shin? Why not remake the ability instead of turning it into... that..

Edit: Or at least remove impale making it poof until someone can come up with a better fix.

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    edited October 2014
    I do wish it took at least a bit of build-up to get to Void. Getting Voided after the first strike or two pretty much sets the tone for that fight.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.