What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Have to agree with Zbaco on this one. Red dragon is best dragon. Burn it all. (except the forests, don't burn those)
  • Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 130.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 5th Level of Penwizian Fortitude.
  • Atalkez said:
    It’s been a long time since I stayed up playing Achaea until sunrise. Gonna be t i r e d during meetings today.

Thanks for the support, Targossas!

NERD!
  • Sobriquet said:
    Milabar said:
    Yes the 16 out of 53 people that partook as forestal classes really turned the tide
    I think the second number there is what won you the CTF. Forestal classes or not, when you have more people than 2nd and 3rd place combined all you really had to do was show up. Which, to your credit, you did, but it was never really going to be a contest after the mass citizening of rogues and Ashtani's
    I don't know if that's true; Cyrene has shown up with 40-50 in a lot of the CTFs I've played in and they do well for themselves but CTF's definitely about more than numbers.

i'm a rebel

• Bashing by throwing a handaxe is QUANTIFIABLY 10% better than bashing by jabbing with a L1 Longsword, and unquantifiably better in crit chance (because I can't do math).

I'm so gyat dang excited by this information.

Gave up the classless bash-o-thon at 89(10%)

• Bashing by throwing a handaxe is QUANTIFIABLY 10% better than bashing by jabbing with a L1 Longsword, and unquantifiably better in crit chance (because I can't do math).

Longsword? Are you sword and shield then? Should be using slice smash!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Bashing by throwing a handaxe is QUANTIFIABLY 10% better than bashing by jabbing with a L1 Longsword, and unquantifiably better in crit chance (because I can't do math).

Longsword? Are you sword and shield then? Should be using slice smash!
    No, I'm classless, I just grabbed a longsword and a SoA when I started playing and assumed it was the best setup for bashing. I didn't realize the insane endurance drain on throwing handaxes though, so it might still be the best setup.

• Best bet is probably a Dirk then at that point.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Best bet is probably a Dirk then at that point.
    I wouldn’t be so sure, which is a massive headache. With knife thrower, I get 1.9s throws compared to 2.9s jabs, with roughly 10% less damage. My axe has 94 damage compared to the ~120 of the longsword. Dirks I believe have less speed than handaxes, and much less damage. My crit rate probably isn’t high enough to make up the difference there yet.

Unless there’s stuff I haven’t considered, which is highly likely, given the last weapon speed formula I found on the forums.

• It's actually a popular strategy for like, dragons to just use a Thoth's fang and jab like there's no tomorrow. They attack very quickly, much faster than the base 3 second time of a dragon gut. I never actually considered that it might be viable for a classless person, but it might be worth it if you can afford the artefact.
  • Armali said:
    It's actually a popular strategy for like, dragons to just use a Thoth's fang and jab like there's no tomorrow. They attack very quickly, much faster than the base 3 second time of a dragon gut. I never actually considered that it might be viable for a classless person, but it might be worth it if you can afford the artefact.
    I think a lot of that has to do with a dragons base strength. It becomes a bit like a tekura v mind crush issue, although I don’t imagine a Thoth’s fang would be much faster than the 1.9s axe throw, and it’s ~40 less damage

• edited February 2021
    Yes Thoths jab in lesser isn't that great.  Dragon doesn't only get huge str but also dim returns don't kick in until I wanna say 16 or 18 (vs 12 in lesser), so your 21str dragon is like 24str in lesser (napkin math).  Plus by nature of being dragon you have huge crit chance which makes faster weapons better for same base dps that compared to lower levels.
  • Completed another voyage for the first time! Getting into the ones that are a bit harder to find. Very interesting to see the broader story, so thanks to who wrote them!
  • @Aranos was right, seamonster nests still work in the fog. Had a chaotic fight with a shraymor in it but never bumped into it or the shore! Thanks @Aranos and @Shirim!
  • Um, so I bought a bunch of tickets...

Four spindly legs carry the furred shape of this large camel across the earth, body swinging from
    side to side in a slow, rolling gait with each step. Rising steeply from its back, twin humps show a 
    broadly rounded and cylindrical ascent that terminates in a rough dome, the saddled valley between 
    an offering of safe seating atop the disgruntled steed. A pair of sharply narrowed eyes stare 
    outward from drooping folds of facial skin, a thick mane, and bearded throat, guttural rumbles 
    issuing in occasional accompaniment to the endless chewing motion of his mouth. He is called 
    'Humpty.'
    An ornery camel is not one to be trifled with.
    He has 100% health remaining.
    He weighs about 1543 pounds.
    A collar of Lupus encircles his neck.
    He is mountable as a war horse.
    He is loyal to Gurklukke.

I am so happy, he is delightfully grumpy and smashes by balls when I mount him, a big...angry jerk.

You climb up on an ornery camel.
    An ornery camel lurches forward and back as you clamber into the saddle, crushing first your groin
    against his forward hump before driving your back into the rearward hump in begrudging acquiescence.

Thank you, this is hilarious and wonderful....I am a happy little Gurk right now.
  • You tear open a decorated sleeve and delightedly pull a playing card featuring Sycaerunax, The
    Indomitable from within!

You tear open a decorated sleeve and delightedly pull a playing card featuring Sycaerunax, The
    Indomitable from within!

You tear open a decorated sleeve and happily pull a playing card featuring Lord Kemnast from within!

You tear open a decorated sleeve and delightedly pull a playing card featuring Sycaerunax, The
    Indomitable from within!

Indomitable from within!

Should I whine or rage...
  • Why not both?
  • I've opened a bunch of sleeves and not seen a single rare card this :/
  • BuT loOtBoxES aRE WoRtH It

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Kog said:
    A card shop. But you don't pay with credits, or gold, you pay with cards. For example:
    Rudolpho value: 15
    Reinhold value: 1
    Morimbuul value: 20

If you want a Morimbuul, you bring in 1 Rudolpho and 5 Reinhold cards, and exchange them for 1 Morimbuul. Now your 'junk' cards can be hoarded and swapped for what you really want, meaning buying those card packs isn't a waste if you lose the RNG (because you're never, ever, ever selling that 1000th Rurin). Shamelessly stolen from Ezel's card shop, in FFTA.

^Cross-post for shameless self-promotion, from the Quality of Life thread.

• Well, I did it. I jabbed my way to 80. I'm in the process of getting an elemental form - I don't know if I'll use the skills or just take advantage of the increased stats to jab more stuff, depends how I feel by the time I finish the quest. It sure would be nice to be the dude who jabbed his way to dragon (I can't pick a class, so I figured I'd just have a class forced on me to start and figure it out from there) but, I'd like to still want to play the game by the time I get there, so maybe punching things as an Earth Lord may be the way to go from 80-100.

Still chuffed with myself.

• @Fairweather are voyages fair game, since they're quests?

If so. Voyages give a crapton of experience.

• @Adrik I’ve done like two forays and one voyage, I dunno if taking the lessons to learn seafaring and then the time to learn the voyage is worth it compared to finding a good solid route to bash.

And I reckon I could just bug people to take me on voyages, but that seems disingenuous.

One of the only benefits (if you can call it that) to my slow bashing speed is that things are generally repopulated by the time I finish an area, so if the experience is worth it I can loop it until it’s time to go to a spot a little bit better.

• Channeling the fury of battle, you prepare to unleash a brutally swift stroke against your foe.

Drawing back a curved sword of shifting shadows, you unleash a flesh-mincing blow at a dirt-encrusted miner.

You have scored a ANNIHILATINGLY POWERFUL CRITICAL hit!

A dirt-encrusted miner exclaims something unintelligible.

You have slain a dirt-encrusted miner, retrieving the corpse.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 130.

You have reached the illustrious level of 5th Level of Penwizian Fortitude.

A small pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse, flying into your hands before they can reach the ground.

You feel a surge of energy course through your body as a sycophantic shoulder cape feeds upon the lifeforce of your fallen foe.

Still enjoy hunting and the Games made this level go faster, but even being very bashing artie focused this is starting to feel like a drag now...

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • SOBBY PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME

GO FOR 140

• edited March 2021

Shirim says, "What about I just test it, and NOT kill you."

You say in a low, thundering voice, "Denied."

Shirim says, "What if you don't have a choice."

You say to Shirim in a low, thundering voice, "You can't assault me."

You say to Shirim in a low, thundering voice, "That's against the law."

Shirim laughingly says to you, "And who gives charges around here?"

You say in a low, thundering voice, "Me."

Shirim laughingly says, "But who bounties."

You say in a low, thundering voice, "You can't bounty citymates."

Shirim says, "Huh, you'd think I'd have tried that."

You say in a low, thundering voice, "That would be funny."

Shirim says, "One sec."

2021/03/06 03:58:38 - Shirim has filed a bounty against Astarod for 'denying assault'. The reward is 10000 gold.

Shirim tells you, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAA."

23:00:44 The bounty placed on you by Targossas has been claimed by a citizen.

23:00:44 You just received message #10667 from Achaea.

23:00:44 You claim responsibility for the elimination of Astarod.

23:03:33 You are responsible for fulfilling the following city bounties:

23:03:33 [Bounty] [Target] [Fee] [Months]

23:03:33 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

23:03:33 #95 Astarod 1gp 6

23:03:33 The following city bounties are filed against you:

23:03:33 [Bounty] [Org] [Reason] [Months]

23:03:33 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

23:03:33 #95 the City of Targossa denying assault 6

23:03:36 The dark void of terror fills your mind as, horribly, blood begins to seep out of every pore on your body.

23:03:41 You have completed the bounty filed by the City of Targossas, and have received 1 gold sovereigns.

23:03:41 You just received message #10668 from Achaea.

23:03:41 The bounty on your head placed by the City of Targossas has been completed.

23:03:41 You just received message #10669 from Achaea.

23:03:41 Your body begins to convulse, and as a scream that won't come claws frantically at your throat, your back snaps from the sheer force of the spasms, killing you instantly.

23:03:41 You have slain yourself.

23:03:41 Your starburst tattoo flares as the world is momentarily tinted red.

23:03:41 A headless corpse falls out of Sparky, a well-groomed dog.

23:03:41 All your golden sovereigns fall out of your hands.

23:03:41 [System]: Prepended + to your eqbal queue.

23:03:41 You pick up a single gold sovereign.

23:03:41 You put 1 gold sovereign in a dragonskin pack.

23:03:44 Shirim says, "Oh my gosh..."

@Aurora

Please don't hurt meeeee.

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."