What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• edited March 2021

@Astarod I've seen cheaper ways of farming renown, but that's up there!

• A while back I had asked someone who got to dragon quickly, how they got to dragon (I think they were 21 when my character was 19). They said hunting, seamonsters, forays, and voyages.

So I went and got trans seafaring today, had my first couple of seamonster fights and some basic ship v ship combat training - seamonsters ain't it, sis. But now with practice, I can sail my damn self to the outer islands.

I also designed a pretty sweet frickin' helm, found out that the 'helm' type item is pretty rare IG, so I'll likely have to order one special to customise - but it's pretty frickin' sweet.

I also also read the questions thread wherein someone asked about a "monster hunter" clan, and really want to go start one of those.

Gave up the classless bash-o-thon at 89(10%)

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol

you can get helms, look in delos. Or get the Omyrr skull one with uh... crowns? and customise it.

• @Archaeon The Omyrr skull is 100CR or Talismans - Delos doesn't have any. Apparently there may be one sold by a denizen in Cyrene? But the cost isn't super prohibitive, so I'm not mad about it.

Gave up the classless bash-o-thon at 89(10%)

• Found a telescope of sorts. Put it together. Saw a bunch of neato ASCII constellations

• Got teleported to an island in the middle of nowhere...

You have emoted: Gurklukke begins to form one of the parapets, it seems to have a bit of difficulty though he chooses to take some water and form it with his hands carefully.

You have emoted: Scooping up some errant bits into a pot, Gurklukke forms a large dome and settles it centrally to allow there to be appropriate hemisphere to the foundation of the castle.

You tell Pandora, "Do you mind killing me though, or should I complete the castle first....cause I do not think I can return home from here."

A horrifying feeling fills you from the inside, but it lasts for only a moment before you explode into a million gory bits.

You have been slain by the will of Pandora.

I guess She didn't want me to finish the sandcastle.

I like Pandora though, despite dying to her a lot, I had fun.

@Pandora took me to a remote island once and gave me crabs :(

edited March 2021

stupid forums

edited March 2021

triple tap

• edited March 2021

(edit: wrong thread, dunno how that happened)

• I've been pretty bummed about Cyrene for a bit now. Mostly the stagnation, I think.

But I got to say, yesterday with the Wayward Heights fiasco was the most fun I've had in a good while. I'm really disappointed that I was at work during the best of the fights, but I got to enjoy some at least. I've never been more proud of those citymates of mine that are sticking up for themselves, though.

• @Nephiny So to clarify? Is Pandora destroying Cyrene? I wasn't sure if the game was consolidating down the # of city states. Though figured that they would work with the smaller cities like Targossas and Mhaldor rather than one of the two biggest.

• @Greys I shouldn't be the one to comment on the greater scheme of things, since it'd both be better to find out in-character and also because I wasn't there for all of it.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that did not have fun or enjoy it like I did, but for me personally, I'm having a blast.

• No, she isn't destroying Cyrene. The event post explains it really.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• To avoid repeating the situation of Eleusis being left without a patron for RL years, the admins have decided that any organization that rejects or offends their admin-allocated one (1) patron should be ignored, save for griefing, until they reaccept their one (1) patron.

So, those of us who never cared for Phaestus in the first place might as well have fun with it until the story reasserts itself.

I made it into an events post!

Lol wut

• Anyone whom believes anything is player ran is obviously more stoned then I.

• Er, Divine are players too.

• I'll say, as frustrating it may be IC, and disheartening at times, willingness to RP though it and figure a way for your char to grow through it will define how it goes. Even with how infrequently I can play, I really want to try and help.

Just with how Rys thinks, she's a bit spread everywhere, but, her promise is near its end. So things may change for her. This is a really chaotic time for change...

• We can debate the IC and OOC validity of what Divine do all day, I know there are many mixed views there.

But I do think it's worth noting that there's a fairly big wrinkle to everything going on here. A little over a year ago, the admin changed the rules of patroning so that a city patron couldn't be a house patron for any houses in other cities. This has taken a limited pool of potential patrons for any organisation and limited it further, to where each house or city essentially has one choice.

And if your choice is so bad that your leadership ends up wishing that you'd just stuck with the dormant patron instead of ever moving to an active one? SOL, I guess.
  • Hi, I haven't been in game today, or any day recently really. But I'm still around. Somewhere.

I've been thinking about Achaea today for some reason so I thought I'd let people know I still check the forums every once in a while.

• Your mentor is @Korben.

😥

• Hi! [plus some filler text because apparently posts need to have at least 6 characters.]

• Completed a Voyage today after almost 21 hours of trying. :D

• (Cyrene): You say, "Your watch, Cyrene."

Fond thoughts of your homeland, Cyrene, fill your head as you leave it, ready to embark on new adventures elsewhere.

• @Peak "Completed a Voyage today after almost 21 hours of trying. :D"

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

Slowly, but surely.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 94.

You have reached the illustrious level of 2nd Order of the Hyperphysical.

• Glancing to the east, you see:

Narrow stone path. (indoors)

There are 2 volcanic wyrms here.

You see exits leading north, south, and west.

4767h|100%, 5523m|100% 94%w, 100%e x|dbk-

You have recovered equilibrium. (0.417s)

Narrow stone path. (indoors)

There are 2 volcanic wyrms here.

You see exits leading north, east, and west.

4767h|100%, 5523m|100% 95%w, 99%e ex|dbk-

Bubbles of liquid fire sizzle and pop to announce the entrance of a volcanic fire wyrm.

Bubbles of liquid fire sizzle and pop to announce the entrance of a volcanic fire wyrm.

Bubbles of liquid fire sizzle and pop to announce the entrance of a volcanic fire wyrm. (0.02s)

4767h|100%, 5523m|100% 95%w, 99%e ex|dbk-

Opening his gaping maw, a volcanic wyrm blasts you with a spray of liquid fire. A sense of sadistic

gratification ripples through your mind as the oozing substance scorches your skin.

One of your reflections has been destroyed! You have 0 left.

You have been afflicted with masochism.

You have been afflicted with burning.

Swinging his distended face toward you, a volcanic wyrm opens his gaping maw. Lava dripping from

between his obsidian teeth is the last thing you see before he tears your head from its shoulders.

You have been slain by a volcanic wyrm.

I guess that's enough trying for the day.

• Returned after being away awhile.

Found everyone I liked had moved.

Quit my House, my City and my class.

Joined Eleusis. Became a Druid. Joined a new House. Starting everything over from rank 1.

Eager to see where this path takes me.

And to annoy @Majin as much as humanly (Sirenly?) possible.