Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• PyoriPyori Posts: 614Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited March 7
    Antonius said:
    Pyori said:
    Antonius said:

Because obviously the only possible concern with OOC communications being taken IC - or being available to other people at all - is being killed because you said something somebody else didn't like.

Potentially unpopular opinion: Achaea is a roleplaying game, not your personal, private chat room. If you don't want run the risk of OOC things being heard, then don't speak about them in-game. At the very least, not in a place where people can potentially hear them. Especially in a game where spying is so prevalent.

If you want to make the argument that there should be no expectation of privacy, go ahead. I just wanted to point out how inadequate "Don't talk shit about other people and you'll be fine." is as a response, and that's literally all anybody - including you - had said.

Nobody explicitly said that, though, as a blanket response. They said it in response to the context that was being talked about, re: people talking shit and metagaming on OOC clans then wondering why they were catching flak for it. I didn't even respond regarding the other possible things, until you and Mosr brought them up, wherein I addressed them as well.

• KeorinKeorin Posts: 527Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited March 7
    IMO, it would be easiest for a lot of reasons if clans could be designated as explicitly OOC. It could help clarify any grey zones, and you could just leave tells to OOC clans out of what sapience picks up. No one should take OOC stuff ICly, but sapience doesn't make it easy to tell what's what, so there's only so much players -can- do in this situation, even acting with the best of intentions.
  • DragonknightDragonknight Posts: 252Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    And what is to stop people from designating a clan as OOC and talking about IC stuff on it?
    Kyoshiro
  • KeorinKeorin Posts: 527Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Nothing stops people from using Discord/skype for that, either. There's always going to be ways for people trying to cheat the system to get around it, but there can at least be tools to help the people who want to act in good faith to not have to avoid saying things OOCly that they fear will be taken ICly, or for spies to not have to be in a position of sorting OOC clan tells from IC clan tells.
    ShirszaeCailinReyson
  • IsmayIsmay Posts: 514Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I'm all for making ooc clans designated as such and removing them from sapience. Under the condition of the following: if players use them as parties are used now and plan ic combat responses on them, they are heavily punished.
    Cailin
  • KriexKriex Posts: 140Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Solnir said:
    How do you misspell your own name
    I blame mobile forums
    KyoshiroXias
  • MathonwyMathonwy Posts: 822Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    did someone say MFB 
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • AralayaAralaya Posts: 1,045Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Got the bottom half of my braces on, then left to catch a plane.

One of the brackets detached... Gdi

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    Ehene
  • EheneEhene Posts: 90Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Aralaya said:

I once had my wire pop out in the middle of a giant-ass theme park. My right cheek became Swiss cheese.

• AralayaAralaya Posts: 1,045Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Ehene said:
    Aralaya said:

I once had my wire pop out in the middle of a giant-ass theme park. My right cheek became Swiss cheese.
    Yours is worse.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    TysandrEhene
  • ZbacoZbaco Posts: 153Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    2018/03/08 03:08:40 - Iakimen has bled out, slain by the might of Outrider Zbaco Silvertongue.
    2018/03/08 03:19:24 - Iakimen has bled out, slain by the might of Outrider Zbaco Silvertongue.

Sure, I died about five times (holy fucking focused attacks, Batman) but a kill is a kill...
    DochithaJinos
  • MilabarMilabar Posts: 114Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited March 9
    Two person big Z in the crypt without moving and no capes is a lot harder then I expected, but for a spur of the moment f it let's try, good stuff!! 

Grats on the new honors line baby, I promise to bring moss/potash next time.

Also got 102. .  I'm completely slacking compared to my wife @Nyneve  :(
    NyneveIohannaXias
  • DraqoomDraqoom CyrenePosts: 478Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    I guess I'm the only person with the capacity to try and distinguish between IC and OOC communications when I use sapience and have the respect to ignore the blatently OOC stuff said and not spread that knowledge around like cancer.

I'm ashamed of you all that I am the paragon in this situation. You should be ashamed too, because I'm a sleazeball most of the time. I think.

Rekhyr
  • CooperCooper IowaPosts: 4,435Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sapience feels gross to use, honestly.

An "OOC" designation to clans and making sapience not see those would be a good start to making sapience respect OOC.

• MinifieMinifie Posts: 1,904Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Cooper said:
    Sapience feels gross to use, honestly.

An "OOC" designation to clans and making sapience not see those would be a good start to making sapience respect OOC.
    I'd much prefer they still come through, but tagged in some way, but since sapience sees what is sent but not sure it checks the clan it may not be easily implemented. Would hate to see people use OOC clans to formulate strats because it avoids mind sapience :(.

(Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Taryius says, "Oops, thats not a foray. Thats two novices going at it in the wilderness."
  • PlakPlak Posts: 62Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Azare said:
    ... my butt ...... by Dunn while .......... .. an old lady in my office (my fault for ............ ....)

........ old ladies ..... sleeper ......
    What?
  • CaelanCaelan Posts: 1,112Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Pwned by Dunn because I stumbled into him heading back to Eleusis.  Not mad, dude is efficient.

Qwindor
  • WicellaWicella Posts: 165Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited March 9
    Had to perform harmony ritual but Dunn was chasing us all around. Ended up getting a non com to run up to the tundra, where Vinceres and I gared to, and then tracked to them, and then did harmony in like 2 seconds, then gared back running like a bat out of hell.

:bleep_bloop: :bleep_bloop: :bleep_bloop: :bleep_bloop: :bleep_bloop: 

Hey at least we're resourceful!

MathildaAzareZenii
  • CailinCailin Posts: 187Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Lol is @Dunn having a holiday with this war, or what? XD
  • DunnDunn The great Buffalo tundraPosts: 5,927Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 10
    I actually was home sick today. Been a rough go of it, but I've gone from 10,009 kills to 10,043 today and I have only died to guards.

Hope that answers your question.

Cailin
  • HerutarHerutar Posts: 11Member
    Dunn said:
    I actually was home sick today. Been a rough go of it, but I've gone from 10,009 kills to 10,043 today and I have only died to guards.

Hope that answers your question.

Dicing through Eleusians with ease must be like chicken soup for sickness, then!

Also, scary. Really, really scary. 
    DunnWicella
  • AileaAilea Posts: 112Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Reading through these last couple of pages and what I did was legitimately doubled checked the title of this forum chain to see if it was "What did I complain or rant about" instead of "What happened to you." 

Think I will find tea.

Ysela
  • PyoriPyori Posts: 614Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited March 10
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FAREWELL MUM. I LOVED YOU.

AralayaTysandrWicellaAntidas
Sign In to Comment.