• Oooo, juicy!
  • Names 
  • Tahquil said:
    Names 
    Shodri.

• Explains a lot.
  • Pyori said:
    Synbios said:
    @Pyori : As a non-Imperian player, I'm curious about how 'bad'(bad as in 'unplayable? or bad as in 'impossible to play against because OP?) Imperian Shaman is.

Imperian has permanent "jinx" (as in they can double cast every bal, like an Apostate), with every possible locking affliction (none of which are gated behind anything; you wanna do slickness/impatience together? Go for it. They also have freeze to give disrupt) -

They have a jinx affliction, which shares cure with impatience (and has a 3rd person line for when it's cured)- this affliction makes it so you can swiftcurse the aforementioned things at a guaranteed chance (swiftcurse has only a 50% chance to give the 2nd aff otherwise)

They have all the old runelore stuff, including totems (with runelore style totems, not crappy shaman totems that Achaea shamans have). A 'canopy' rune which prevents flight, and slows movement out of the room. Vortex which is like a channeled beckon, except it doesn't require their attention, just automatically ticks every few seconds. Lasts a fair while, so couple that canopy rune with it and you have a shitfest.

They have marks which they put on you, which 'fuel' their abilities so to speak- have to be in water to remove them, and can't be with the shaman who gave them. SCRUB them the same way you scrub stench. One such removes the need to breach curseward. The one which allows swiftcurse to function as described above, will 'erupt' and do silly amounts of damage every time you curse ('erupts' automatically when they get 5 curseable afflictions)- quickly becomes unhealable.

Did I mention they have on-demand lethargy/confusion? That can be combo'd the same as the above things? Confusion gives dizziness with it too (effectively 3 affs in 1 bal)

They can also cancel out your cures, if they manage your bals correctly. EG, if they cancel PLANT- 2s after, you get an affliction which negates your next plant eat within <x> seconds (forget exact counter, i think it's like 6 or so). Don't remember the exact cooldown on it, but they can choose what bal they want to negate whenever it's off CD (focus, tree, plant, etc).

@Dunn : Same for Outrider. Quick rundown on what that class is and why is it amazing?
    --I'd go on to describe Outrider too, but dinner time for me! I'll get back if Dunn doesn't. I may be forgetting a few things on Shaman.
    It's bad in that it is very, very hard to fight one who's learned the ins and outs of the class. There is no "good" way to cure/defend against them, besides trying to outpace them. In saying that, Hunter is still worse :) - even though it's considerably squishier than Shaman is. @Tysandr
    Last time I logged in to imperian shaman was scheduled for nerfs, one of them going to jinx charges I believe. Vortex + totems is crazy because if people don't have metawake on you can wipe them in about 7 seconds. The even more gross thing to do in recent times is ignore the lesser mark that is a permanent breach and use a yew on your runestone to by pass it, therefore allowing for extra damage(cause they need more right?) Or ablaze on a tick. Also on locking they do have all of them on demand, but hemotoxin had to be rubbed on an axe and thrown to truly seal it. I actually did a blight(hidden affliction) curse relapse set that hid everything until I hit with hemotoxin at which point blocking affs would hit via relapse. It only worked on people without passive heals though and if they didn't diagnose. I killed someone testing it because I forgot rat was flaring :) 

Anyways my point is that you are right, shaman is disgusting and hard to beat. It's only weakness is that it relies on getting max speed. I've only ever beat it by cheesing reflect wand+ shield as a timebomb defiler ( Literally fought my mentor owyn for 6+ minutes cause he's hard to pop with damage) and outrider spamming smash for lethargy.

Side note: bloodfreeze is like tearing their body apart via freezing the blood into sharp edges :o shatter was epic though for sure. I loved getting those even though they were usually only for okay this fight has gone on long enough. I never did get to work on a full blown shatter route, since you can push it at a slower rate with sticking chiltran and switching to icecoat after nausea and dryblood are on. 
  • @Pyori damn always mix those up. They’re both fking awesome. 

• Kyoshiro said:
    Also on locking they do have all of them on demand, but hemotoxin had to be rubbed on an axe and thrown to truly seal it.
    If you time your lock to happen just after they purge, they're not gonna have it back in time before they die. Alternatively you can hold your prophecy to negate their purge, if you keep track. The main thing that sucked was fighting fitness users since weariness doesn't block fitness there.

Also pretty sure I know who you are by these comments. =)
    Dunn said:
    @Pyori damn always mix those up. They’re both fking awesome. 
    Shatter is cool and all and ima let you finish, but rupture is the best kill of all time.
    Blinding pain courses through your body as a sickening, bubbling venom attaches itself to the poison flowing in your blood and begins to harden. As your life-giving claret begins to crystallize and cut into your inner tissues, you feel your organs grow dangerously heavy and full. Before long, your first kidney bursts with a horrifying liquid POP. Your spleen and appendix soon follow. Your screams of agony are cut off abruptly as your lungs splatter themselves against the inside of your ribcage. As the combination of blood and fatal poison reaches your brain, your skull becomes curiously tight... A mere second passes before your head explodes in a mess of gore and bone.

Lost my logs, so don't have what it looks like when you do it on someone else :(

• Pyori said:
    Kyoshiro said:
    Also on locking they do have all of them on demand, but hemotoxin had to be rubbed on an axe and thrown to truly seal it.
    If you time your lock to happen just after they purge, they're not gonna have it back in time before they die. Alternatively you can hold your prophecy to negate their purge, if you keep track. The main thing that sucked was fighting fitness users since weariness doesn't block fitness there.

Dunn said:
    Shatter is cool and all and ima let you finish, but rupture is the best kill of all time.
    Blinding pain courses through your body as a sickening, bubbling venom attaches itself to the poison flowing in your blood and begins to harden. As your life-giving claret begins to crystallize and cut into your inner tissues, you feel your organs grow dangerously heavy and full. Before long, your first kidney bursts with a horrifying liquid POP. Your spleen and appendix soon follow. Your screams of agony are cut off abruptly as your lungs splatter themselves against the inside of your ribcage. As the combination of blood and fatal poison reaches your brain, your skull becomes curiously tight... A mere second passes before your head explodes in a mess of gore and bone.

Lost my logs, so don't have what it looks like when you do it on someone else :(

This would be cool if it didn't call your blood 'claret'. That's just bad writing.
  • edited March 2018
    Rispok said:
    This would be cool if it didn't call your blood 'claret'. That's just bad writing.
    Claret
    • archaic informal
      blood.
    ? It's not just wine.

• I didn't say it was incorrect, I said it was bad.
  • edited March 2018
    Pyori said:
    Kyoshiro said:

Dunn said:

man I would almost have to agree with you... but my personal favorite is enlighten, but maybe I just have a thing for when they shout for the whole world to see, begging me to end it for them. This also makes me wonder if its the same for occultist here. :o I wish I had the one where Kabaal saw it from far away, and it was someone with the horn that makes it seem like her people are cheering from the arena. it looked as if they were cheering her death on(not this person in the example).

You place both hands on either side of Nivvi's head and stare straight into her eyes. Summoning all 
    your knowledge of the Noctu mysteries, you will your knowledge into Nivvi's mind.
    You see Nivvi Agarwaen shout, "No, it cannot be true! I cannot accept it! I beg of you to make it 
    stop!"

• Kyoshiro said:
    This also makes me wonder if its the same for occultist here.
    It is the same, except Enlighten isn't what kills in Achaea. The follow up Unravel is what does (Enlighten is an uncurable [except with lifestones] aff, which is what's needed to unravel them)

You place both hands on either side of Tysandr's head and stare straight into his eyes. Summoning all your knowledge of the occult mysteries, you will your knowledge into Tysandr's mind.
    You see Tysandr shout, "No, it cannot be true! I cannot accept it! I beg of you to make it stop!"
     ---
    You forcefully thrust the palm of your hand in the direction of Tysandr and a brilliant orange light bursts forth,bringing him to his knees. The fiery luminescence engulfs Tysandr's head momentarily, exploding in a brilliant display from the back of his skull, leaving nothing but a mindless corpse behind.
    You have slain Tysandr.

• Pyori said:
    Kyoshiro said:
    It is the same, except Enlighten isn't what kills in Achaea. The follow up Unravel is what does (Enlighten is an uncurable [except with lifestones] aff, which is what's needed to unravel them)

You place both hands on either side of Tysandr's head and stare straight into his eyes. Summoning all your knowledge of the occult mysteries, you will your knowledge into Tysandr's mind.
    You see Tysandr shout, "No, it cannot be true! I cannot accept it! I beg of you to make it stop!"
     ---
    You forcefully thrust the palm of your hand in the direction of Tysandr and a brilliant orange light bursts forth,bringing him to his knees. The fiery luminescence engulfs Tysandr's head momentarily, exploding in a brilliant display from the back of his skull, leaving nothing but a mindless corpse behind.
    You have slain Tysandr.

ok, much cooler. their head actually splodes. xD
  • Kyoshiro said:
    Pyori said:
    Kyoshiro said:

---
    You have slain Tysandr.

ok, much cooler. their head actually splodes. xD
    Uh, no. Less cool. Learning the mysteries of the multiverse was enough to fry people in Imperian. -That- is cool.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Today we breathrained Hashan Crossroads. :)
     <3 
  • edited March 2018
    Edit - Not going to bother

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Mathilda said:
    Today we breathrained Hashan Crossroads. :)

*facepalm*
  • So we all got murderated so the Seneschal could get a new pet?

• edited March 2018
    Sobriquet said:
    So we all got murderated so the Seneschal could get a new pet?
    Are you telling me we can kill hashani and get a new pet?

@makarios can we make them fight a legion of Paramites for my new pet?
  • Why not, seems to work for Mhaldor. Most of them come with their own Artefacts too, if not, don't worry, artefacts can be purchased for them. 

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited March 2018
    When the idea of a saw-scaled was pitched at me, I got super excited because it's my favorite snek. I liked it so much that way, way back, Echis Carinatus was Mosr's title for a long while.

Happy to see that it finally happened.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.