What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Xaden said:
    I love the phrase 'Believe you me'. That is all.
    I honestly feel like I might actually say this atleast twice a day.
  • Minifie said:

If OOC you don’t like engaging a City and just try not to, you are going to incite more “griefy” IC responses, since, whether a person likes it or not, physical might makes right, since there is always a clear winner in those engagements. 

lmao no. If you want to see what happens when this mindset is considered okay, check out http://www.imperian.com
     <3 
  • Mathilda said:
    Minifie said:

If OOC you don’t like engaging a City and just try not to, you are going to incite more “griefy” IC responses, since, whether a person likes it or not, physical might makes right, since there is always a clear winner in those engagements. 

lmao no. If you want to see what happens when this mindset is considered okay, check out http://www.imperian.com
    Protip: quotations normally infer that the word in question is being used loosely, or there is more behind the use of the word than the literal inflection. I've received tells that phials that aegoth uses and cataclysm are "griefing".

The use of the word was to infer that people wouldn't outright grief, but would go a bit further to force a response, whether that involves some guard deaths, some sovereign claims or shrine destruction within an enemy city's walls.
  • edited March 2018
    Minifie said:
    Protip: quotations normally infer that the word in question is being used loosely, or there is more behind the use of the word than the literal inflection. I've received tells that phials that aegoth uses and cataclysm are "griefing".

The use of the word was to infer that people wouldn't outright grief, but would go a bit further to force a response, whether that involves some guard deaths, some sovereign claims or shrine destruction within an enemy city's walls.
    Issue minifie for blatant griefing. Pls2ban

• Imperian didn't even have active thieves and you wanna claim they were griefy? smh. proof that not griefing leads to games getting smaller, all the other IREs outlawed theft entirely either by mechanics or playerbase and look where that got em.
  • Kiet said:
    Imperian didn't even have active thieves and you wanna claim they were griefy? smh. proof that not griefing leads to games getting smaller, all the other IREs outlawed theft entirely either by mechanics or playerbase and look where that got em.
    All I'm gonna say is that the mechanics of MKO's theft was way worse than anything in Achaea, barring puppet shake (which took time to pull off anyway). There were most definitely much griefier thieves there, when it had a higher pop (incidentally it also caused a lot more, comparatively, to quit).

• Minifie said:
    Mathilda said:
    Minifie said:

Thanks to @lyrin, pointing out my tired mistakes.

quotations normally IMPLY that the word in question is being used directly, but in this case I'm using it loosely due to the reasons behind how it has been used directly to me in the past. I am going to bed, I am far beyond what should be healthy tired :(.
  • Mathonwy said:
    WHY DOES @Dunn HAVE TO KILL SO MANY ELEUSIANS OMG U GRIEFER
    157 now.

• edited March 2018
    @Minifie

I wasn't referring to "griefing" -- I was stating that the mindset of forcing people to participate even when they don't want to contributed (contributes) to the high turnover and low retention rate of Imperian. Like bombarding CT with denizen cries that they need to be rescued (read: the city needed to raid in order to regain denizens that have been taken due to them being raided), among other things. It wasn't griefing, the actual raiding part happened an okay number of times over a span of time, but the system was designed to force combat in a punitive, rather than formative, way.

Mind you, there were many problems with Imperian, but it would do us better not to copy any one of them.
     <3 
  • Can we copy outrider tho? Love that class. 

• Sure but not before their cutesy shaman. Porcupine spirit lmao
     <3 
  • Mathilda said:
    Sure but not before their cutesy shaman. Porcupine spirit lmao
    ... god damn it.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• edited March 2018
    Man. People hate fighting Achaea Shaman... Give Imperian Shaman, so that they have something really worth crying over.

Also I wish, when people attempted to trash one of the other games, they'd do so with one of the plenty legitimate reasons they have to be trashed over. As opposed to things that might as well be a non-factor.

• I wouldn't say it's a non-factor, since there are plenty of complaints over it on the forums as well as on various rings (Imperian version of party, except permanent-ish). It certainly adds to the negativity in the game.
     <3 
  • Dunn said:
    I’ve literally killed Eleusians approaching 150 times in a week and I haven’t seen a single forum post. Fucking props. 
    When you hit 200, someone will figure out they have to cc and focus you.
  • edited March 2018
    Nothing in Imperian- or any of the IRE games for that matter- forces you to contribute. If you don't want to contribute, then you don't want to contribute. You don't get personally punished or penalised in any form for choosing not to, therefore you're not forced. If you're feeling forced, then that's really on you, yes? Not the game. Don't ever hear people in Achaea citing npcs calling out when they die, or totems notifying when they're being smudged, as reasons for quitting.

If people cite stuff like that (the npc spam) as a reason for their quitting, I can pretty safely guarantee you they were already on their way out, and that not being there wouldn't have helped. Ergo, non-factor. Also, I know what rings are. Think I've made it pretty obvious I play(ed) Imperian.

• Rangor said:
    Dunn said:
    I’ve literally killed Eleusians approaching 150 times in a week and I haven’t seen a single forum post. Fucking props. 
    My dude I am a slippery water monster. GL. 

• You have slain a fairy Lady of Sidhe, retrieving the corpse.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 126.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 9th Level of Penwizian Fortitude.
    A large pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.
  • Dunn said:
    Rangor said:
    Dunn said:
    "trumpet"
  • Triggered

• Dunn said:
    Rangor said:
    Dunn said:
    The wet dredging probably helped with the slippery part.

• Don’t bring my Chaotic slippery water monster into this. 

• Dunn said:
    Can we copy outrider tho? Love that class. 
    Please tho? Best class I've ever played.
  • @Pyori : As a non-Imperian player, I'm curious about how 'bad'(bad as in 'unplayable? or bad as in 'impossible to play against because OP?) Imperian Shaman is.

@Dunn : Same for Outrider. Quick rundown on what that class is and why is it amazing?

• It's similar to Sentinel now where you have entities and a pointy stick.

But you enrage the animals for specific attacks off of spear attacks and you ride around on an icewyrm. One of their instakills is shatter, which involves the icewyrm pumping a hole in your targets chest full of cold air and destroying their heart. It's a really cool class. Aff route, limb route, etc.

• edited March 2018
    Synbios said:
    @Pyori : As a non-Imperian player, I'm curious about how 'bad'(bad as in 'unplayable? or bad as in 'impossible to play against because OP?) Imperian Shaman is.

Imperian has permanent "jinx" (as in they can double cast every bal, like an Apostate), with every possible locking affliction (none of which are gated behind anything; you wanna do slickness/impatience together? Go for it. They also have freeze to give disrupt) -

They have a jinx affliction, which shares cure with impatience (and has a 3rd person line for when it's cured)- this affliction makes it so you can swiftcurse the aforementioned things at a guaranteed chance (swiftcurse has only a 50% chance to give the 2nd aff otherwise)

They have all the old runelore stuff, including totems (with runelore style totems, not crappy shaman totems that Achaea shamans have). A 'canopy' rune which prevents flight, and slows movement out of the room. Vortex which is like a channeled beckon, except it doesn't require their attention, just automatically ticks every few seconds. Lasts a fair while, so couple that canopy rune with it and you have a shitfest.

They have marks which they put on you, which 'fuel' their abilities so to speak- have to be in water to remove them, and can't be with the shaman who gave them. SCRUB them the same way you scrub stench. One such removes the need to breach curseward. The one which allows swiftcurse to function as described above, will 'erupt' and do silly amounts of damage every time you curse ('erupts' automatically when they get 5 curseable afflictions)- quickly becomes unhealable.

Did I mention they have on-demand lethargy/confusion? That can be combo'd the same as the above things? Confusion gives dizziness with it too (effectively 3 affs in 1 bal)

They can also cancel out your cures, if they manage your bals correctly. EG, if they cancel PLANT- 2s after, you get an affliction which negates your next plant eat within <x> seconds (forget exact counter, i think it's like 6 or so). Don't remember the exact cooldown on it, but they can choose what bal they want to negate whenever it's off CD (focus, tree, plant, etc).

@Dunn : Same for Outrider. Quick rundown on what that class is and why is it amazing?
    --I'd go on to describe Outrider too, but dinner time for me! I'll get back if Dunn doesn't. I may be forgetting a few things on Shaman.
    It's bad in that it is very, very hard to fight one who's learned the ins and outs of the class. There is no "good" way to cure/defend against them, besides trying to outpace them. In saying that, Hunter is still worse :) - even though it's considerably squishier than Shaman is. @Tysandr

• edited March 2018
    Dunn said:
    It's similar to Sentinel now where you have entities and a pointy stick.

But you enrage the animals for specific attacks off of spear attacks and you ride around on an icewyrm. One of their instakills is shatter, which involves the icewyrm pumping a hole in your targets chest full of cold air and destroying their heart. It's a really cool class. Aff route, limb route, etc.
    That's bloodfreeze, not shatter! Does damage scaling with their current bleed, similar to inflame.
    At your command, a mango-hued icewyrm coats a hunter's spear with thick, brutally cold ice. You begin twirling the spear nimbly through the air, and make a series of short, deep cuts in Tikal's flesh. Rather than shedding blood, Tikal's hypothermic body slowly oozes crimson ice. Seeing the wyrm's pervasive frost travel through her warmth-starved tissues, you move in to make a final, killing blow. You bury the head of your spear in Tikal's chest and wrench the pole. The stiff, frozen flesh explodes under the torque of the weapon, killing Tikal instantly and spraying chunks of her petrified body in every direction.
    You have slain Tikal.
    That is shatter! =)

eta: This is bloodfreeze
    With a nod to an immense cyanine icewyrm, Darin leaps forward and plunges a hunter's spear into your chest. Just as he removes the spear, his wyrm follows the motion with a burst of intensely frosty air directly into the wound. You howl in agony as the frigid breath courses through your veins and freezes your blood.