What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Man I thought something was weird when there was fire and brimstone when I signed.  Shoulda read it better I guess :(
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Elipise said:
    Patiently listened while someone argued that a treasonous act is, in fact, not treason if done on their own time.

Resisted the urge to tell them to go talk to @Melodie and get out of my hair.
    Can’t spell treason without reason, and I got a hundred of ‘em
  • edited March 2018
    Ajoc said:
    Our PW was roughly equal to the amount of Mhaldorians in Hashan, and considering the people involved on their end (and that we had a few newbies) there was no way in hell I was going to try 'an fight a heavily entrenched group with surrounding vibes & cata. Even if we survived that we'd have to deal with the likelihood of Aegoth and Iakimen taking advantage of Mayology. Thanks but no thanks.
    Sure, and I don't blame you for your citymates being kind of apathetic. But if you had about 10 more people on qwho than Cyrene did, and you still managed to not even mount the same response, then that's a failure of the city. If people spent as much time joining your party as they did yelling random nonsense you'd have had a decent fighting force.

Also stop assuming the worst possible scenario every time, Aegoth was told to not  use ret, lol.

It's also a pattern of behavior, despite good ol' Sobriquet's words. Hashan can have 'enough people' to raid Targossas when they have 4 total people online, but somehow not enough to defend against a group of three people 10 minutes later. So much of it is spent bitterly complaining about ret, or mayology, or how proficy will suddenly log in and earring, and then Kasa logs on, forces people to engage, and none of those things actually happen.

While Cyrene has had moments of irrational fears as Keorin said, that's by far the exception, and usually when we've been raiding them too much. Cyrene's by far the city that most consistently responds.
  • Kiet said:
    Ajoc said:
    Our PW was roughly equal to the amount of Mhaldorians in Hashan, and considering the people involved on their end (and that we had a few newbies) there was no way in hell I was going to try 'an fight a heavily entrenched group with surrounding vibes & cata. Even if we survived that we'd have to deal with the likelihood of Aegoth and Iakimen taking advantage of Mayology. Thanks but no thanks.

Also stop assuming the worst possible scenario every time, Aegoth was told to not  use ret, lol.

I won't comment on the rest cause I don't really know the scenarios or anything as I haven't logged on much recently. However, in regards to assuming the worst - you kind of -have- to assume the worst in any defense scenario. When deciding how to remove Mhaldor, for example, you have to assume Aegoth is going to pop mayo. And if you see Proficy sitting in Mhaldor, you have to assume that he's going to earring in. Same goes for people like Hirst, Dunn, etc. And if Tesha's about, you gotta assume she's gonna use ret. You get the point.

If you don't assume the worst, and then it happens, you're far more fucked than if you assumed the worst and it didn't happen. Further, its usually a safe bet that the worst -will- happen, because none of us like losing. If Aegoth is in a raid group and you guys start losing, and he thought mayo could tip the scales, I'd put money on him popping a flask real fast and going to work. I won't even pretend that I don't do it too. If I'm in a raid party and I start to see my team lose a fight even if I'm not currently involved, there's a solid chance I'll travel in to try to help us win before we get wiped and lose a tank or whatever.

tl;dr, always assume the worst possible scenario, because we're all shitty people who like to win and will make it happen as best we can (within reason).

• I don't think you have to assume a theoretical "worst" (for example, all of Mdor could pop phials, but when does that happen). You're just being an idiot at this point if you don't assume things that happen every fight will happen, though (such as Aegoth and Iakimen popping phials). There is no reason you should be surprised if you raid a city with mayology like 20 times and then raid once more and they assume you'll mayology again.

I'm not commenting on the specific raid, either, though, just on the mayology point.

• Assume the worst to prepare for it, sure. Don't assume the worst and then decide not to participate entirely. Not just for PVP, Hashan's the only city that didn't participate in the recent carmine series, too. It's a weird aggressive non-involvement and  isolationism that's beating the city founded on isolationism.
  • Kiet said:
    Assume the worst to prepare for it, sure. Don't assume the worst and then decide not to participate entirely. Not just for PVP, Hashan's the only city that didn't participate in the recent carmine series, too. It's a weird aggressive non-involvement and  isolationism that's beating the city founded on isolationism.
    I don't think non-aggression or isolationism are the right words. Hashan is having massive turnout supporting Twilight vs. Aegis, and everyone involved is having a lot of fun. And these engagements are happening on the same days that Mhaldor raids and gets no response. It could just be that people don't really like fighting Mhaldor that much.
  • edited March 2018
    Plenty of the same people are happy to jump in against Mhaldor if the odds are sufficiently stacked, so I dunno about that. That said, a lot of Hashani (Kasa obv, but many others) will fight no matter what and that's great--it's just a matter of actually fighting when those people are on.
  • Calira said:
    Kiet said:
    Assume the worst to prepare for it, sure. Don't assume the worst and then decide not to participate entirely. Not just for PVP, Hashan's the only city that didn't participate in the recent carmine series, too. It's a weird aggressive non-involvement and  isolationism that's beating the city founded on isolationism.
    I don't think non-aggression or isolationism are the right words. Hashan is having massive turnout supporting Twilight vs. Aegis, and everyone involved is having a lot of fun. And these engagements are happening on the same days that Mhaldor raids and gets no response. It could just be that people don't really like fighting Mhaldor that much.

Ding ding ding. Someone got it.
  • Kiet said:
    Not sure what fighting RPS has to do with it, plus I told Jurixe IG why Hashan wasn't taking part.

Also not sure why you dislike me so much 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited March 2018

Sobriquet said:
    Kiet said:
    Not sure what fighting RPS has to do with it, plus I told Jurixe IG why Hashan wasn't taking part.

Also not sure why you dislike me so much 
    If people from every city (Eleusis I'm not sure about, but I think they got some minor turnout too) participate in something but one doesn't, it singles that one city out. Whatever reasons there might be, valid or not, the fact remains!

I have no opinion of you personally, tbh, you just made a comment.

Ultimately it doesn't matter. If you're having fun, do what you like! I just find the excuses weird. If mayology and vibes and aegoth and iakimen are unbeatable then Cyrene deserves even more kudos than it already got for doing more with less. Not to mention that we got the same excuses when Iakimen was serpent, apostate, whatever else. That's not really a dig, just a logical conclusion.
  • WHY DOES @Dunn HAVE TO KILL SO MANY ELEUSIANS OMG U GRIEFER
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Dunn is a griffer would someone please think of the photosynthesis

Hashan is lame and doesn't fight, Twilight himself is clearly the one doing all the heavy lifting vs Aegis. Probably shirtless. And in mud.

Targossas is full of sex alts, that is how they maintain a robust population.
     <3 
  • rip grieffel :(
  • Mathilda said:

Targossas is full of sex alts, that is how they maintain a robust population.
    No, no, Cyrene is full of sexalts. 

Targossas maintains robust population through Elipise and her will to ensure there are enough Good with the Chiragh name. @Torinn and I only have 24 50 100 150? kids? Something... I stopped counting after 3 and the tale of the hoards of children running through Targossas that are Torinn and Eli's amuse me.
    Torinn Chiragh, Herald of Fire says, "Good, darn it."
    Talamond Averial says, "You are the least charming siren ever."
  • I'm at 88 and I still don't know how you guys bash to dragon...

I'm still convinced you're all just androids.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • So your saying Targossas keeps its robust population not because of a bunch of sexalts, But only one?

(Yes, is meant for a quick laugh)
  • There’s only one city I dislike engaging with on offense, anything else is fine (although I’ve been sidelined for a while). The only reason said city is shit to fight is because it’s a perpetual LoS fight with 5 guards as well no matter what, so it’s just a monotonous slog that half the time just ends when font stacks too high or you can just squeeze a detonate off and run. 

If OOC you don’t like engaging a City and just try not to, you are going to incite more “griefy” IC responses, since, whether a person likes it or not, physical might makes right, since there is always a clear winner in those engagements. 

At the end of the day, if you don’t want to engage, and also actively prevent the City from engaging, prepare for them to push harder to get a response. If particular strats are causing you so much pain then set up pracs to counter them. If you don’t like engaging because you can’t beat X or Y strat, then that isn’t the raiding City’s fault (although bringing a lot more to raid than what is on a city’s WHO isn’t a strat, so we’ll ignore that all together.)

tl;dr git gud before whinging that other players are just there to stifle your fun. 
  • Kiet said:
    Ajoc said:
    Sure, and I don't blame you for your citymates being kind of apathetic. But if you had about 10 more people on qwho than Cyrene did, and you still managed to not even mount the same response, then that's a failure of the city. If people spent as much time joining your party as they did yelling random nonsense you'd have had a decent fighting force.

It's also a pattern of behavior, despite good ol' Sobriquet's words. Hashan can have 'enough people' to raid Targossas when they have 4 total people online, but somehow not enough to defend against a group of three people 10 minutes later. So much of it is spent bitterly complaining about ret, or mayology, or how proficy will suddenly log in and earring, and then Kasa logs on, forces people to engage, and none of those things actually happen.

While Cyrene has had moments of irrational fears as Keorin said, that's by far the exception, and usually when we've been raiding them too much. Cyrene's by far the city that most consistently responds.
    Im super late, but I honestly had not known this. My mindset was, if we go in we're just going into retardation holocaust bombing. Which we would have been mooshed in. And in Hashan's defence most of our defense party was general non combatants. Either way, if we went in, I have no doubt we would have been slaughtered. I'm hoping we can start implementing some real training, so that Hashan can be a little bit more effective in large group combat. But either way, I think the yell fighting was still pretty fun! It's the little things that continuously pique my interest with achaea. 

On a site note, I do have my own seperate thing. I've spent alot of my early time here just being mad at other people. It's really nice to see that while things are taken serious, this is a game to most people. And it's nice to have some conflict with someone in game, and still be able to have decent and friendly conversation with those same people outside. Keep doing your thing Achaea. You're a doll, todays interactions were surprisingly revitalizing. Points to @Kiet , @Iakimen and @Seragorn. You're good folks, (sometimes)
  • Shirszae said:
    Minifie said:
    There’s only one city I dislike engaging with on offense, anything else is fine (although I’ve been sidelined for a while). The only reason said city is shit to fight is because it’s a perpetual LoS fight with 5 guards as well no matter what, so it’s just a monotonous slog that half the time just ends when font stacks too high or you can just squeeze a detonate off and run. 

If OOC you don’t like engaging a City and just try not to, you are going to incite more “griefy” IC responses, since, whether a person likes it or not, physical might makes right, since there is always a clear winner in those engagements. 

At the end of the day, if you don’t want to engage, and also actively prevent the City from engaging, prepare for them to push harder to get a response. If particular strats are causing you so much pain then set up pracs to counter them. If you don’t like engaging because you can’t beat X or Y strat, then that isn’t the raiding City’s fault (although bringing a lot more to raid than what is on a city’s WHO isn’t a strat, so we’ll ignore that all together.)

tl;dr git gud before whinging that other players are just there to stifle your fun. 
    Somehow it feels like you are going about things in the wrong way. If your answer to people not wanting to interact with you (in any fashion) is 'grief them until they want to' then I doubt you are going to achieve much but further push people away.

Griefy is in quotations because people have different interpretations of the word. 
  • edited March 2018
    Talamond said:
    Tahquil said:
    So your saying Targossas keeps its robust population not because of a bunch of sexalts, But only one?

Neither. A sexmain.
    apparently you also keep your count high from stealing my children too. Believe you me there will be a reckoning.

. . .Just as soon as I stop playing Abe's odyssey/exodus. . .
  • Tahquil said:
    So your saying Targossas keeps its robust population not because of a bunch of sexalts, But only one?

We're that...efficient? PRECISION TARGOSSIAN ENGINEERING